It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country would be foolish enough to try too invade America!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

There is no country in the world with the force projection abilities to invade the US. It would take a hell of a lot of troops, and the only military in the world that can quickly transport that many troops and keep them steadily supplied for a lengthy period of time is the US military. That's not to say that it won't change in the future. But for the time, and for the foreseeable future, we are the only military capable of such a thing.

The only other alternatives would be an invasion by land coming from Canada or Mexico, neither of which would ever go to war with us unless they had a death wish.

Of course, this is strictly in regards to a standard and adequate land invasion. There are several countries that are capable of dropping a nuke on us or attacking us from the sea. But I don't think that was what the OP was asking about.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
reply to post by beforetime

There is no country in the world with the force projection abilities to invade the US. It would take a hell of a lot of troops, and the only military in the world that can quickly transport that many troops and keep them steadily supplied for a lengthy period of time is the US military.

China ?????? a huge capable navy?? how many troops ?? hmmm

They have not really been tested have they ?? Would YOU want to ???

regards
GIT

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
For thousands of years, Armies have invaded other countries with a superior force and won, I think the only time that something like invading the USA would become a reality, would be when the world is threatened by them.

Its no secret that most of the world is unhappy with the way your country has asserted itself over the past 8 years, you have to ask are all the threats regarding terrorism on the USA because of the current administrations policies? Europe has suffered at the hands of Terrorists for decades, but always to make a statement or get the worlds attention for some injustice somewhere in the world.

However the current situation is a lot different IMO, simply because the terrorists who are waging their campaigns against the USA, want to destroy it, there seems to be no middle ground whatsoever, some of these groups are working from inside your country.

Ask yourself, if the 2000 Election outcome had been different, and Al Gore had won, like so many think he should have, would 9/11 have happened? would Iraq have been invaded? would the economic crisis that is happening now have happened?

If so would you have asked the question you did OP?

I think not, there would be no reason too.

But they did and you did.

Edit to add, I in no way condone terrorism in any shape or form, but if your country was invaded, what response would you make?

And i think your comment on how Americans are armed to the teeth would make it a one way war, I got to say, the German army was armed to the teeth also on D-day, it just made planning that invasion a more detailed and thought out affair, it still happened.

So well armed and macho comments don't mean anything, its all in the planning.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just love thread like this. Who would attack the US? Who would win if that country attacked this country...

Regardless of what you might think most people just want to be left the hell alone. "They attacked us because they hate our freedoms". What a bunch of bull#. Can you honestly see a bunch of people in afgan caves giving a sh#t about anyone's freedoms? And attacking us because of those "freedoms"? As if that one single attack would change anything? Oh wait, but it did. We've lost freedom via the Patriot Act. How fitting that the terrorists got what the wanted through the US government.

The next war that is fought on US soil will be the US citizens vs. the US army.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Manawydan]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

That would only make the people rise up even more. Don't assume that all Americans are weak and scared of a little violence. The last thing an invading country would want to do is to create a bunch of martyrs.

Also, to the person that thinks only 1 in 9 homes in the south have guns, I bet there are more guns in the south than there are people.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
China via Mexico..at least that's what I read in another thread

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Not that anyone would want your country at the moment. But if anyone was to invade your country, it would be China beyond a doubt.

If ww3 kicks off, Russia will be tasked with wooping Europe and China with the US, all allies of China and Russia would be backup forces for either front and help secure supply lines etc.

If China did invade the US, they would have little opposition, since majority of your army is deployed in Iraq and Afghansitan (and maybe soon Iran and Syria), # loads more of your vets are disabled or too old (or dead, even deserted to Ireland lol). So you claim a bunch of civilians, with no military training, no command structure and no heavy weapons/armour, heck even no air power. Will somehow overcome an invading Chinese force, comprising of over 500000 troops, heavy armour, air cover and transport, sea cover and transport, not to mention highly trained and commanded by experts on war tactics?

Not only are you dreaming, your funny lol. Firstly and invadeing force has the advantage, in that the general populace will panic and begin to flea. Those who have any military training, militias etc, will have no command and control in place to mount an effective defence. Remaining military forces and National guard will be priority targets, once they are crippled, there goes the only hope of command and control for your defences.

Also it is impossible to predict the next target of the invading force, therefore your defences would be spead out thin, any concentrated attack on a target would be more than enough to overwhelm any defences in place.

Sure Guerilla warefare would play to your advantage. But the invadeing forces just need to cripple your military and civil infastructure, then offer aid to those who surrender/join them, pretty soon you would have your own country men selling out the resistance, in return for food and shelter at Chinese refugee camps etc.

But like mentioned by a few others, the biggest threat to your country is your own government and the NWO, who plan to enslave your nation.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
America used to be like a refrigerator full of yummy things.

But people were taught to be greedy, each wanting to stop others having a share, saying the poorest didn't deserve good food or medicine.

The rich sold the lie of the trickle-down economy, conning those they were stealing from into supporting it.

The bankers of old, always willing to ensnare the goyim into the sticky traps of easy money, took over the Fed, removed the gold standard from the US$. They gained financial control of the US, and used it to assure Israel's stealthy supremacy. They milked the country dry, buying up its politicians, bombing the Twin Towers to make America fight in the middle East and obtaining huge billion dollar loans each year for Israel, loans it never has to pay back.

Not content with this, they manipulated the laws and economy to herd vast numbers into houses they could not pay for, thus grabbing the workers by the balls and gaining ownership of real estate everywhere.

They organised the huge see-saws in the stock-market, bringing it down to buy up cheap, then inflating it to sell for a huge profit.

They removed the mechanism for informing the public how many dollars were printed, pouring out unlimited quantities of virtually counterfeit notes, flooding the economy and causing a recession.

Once the economy lay in ruins they organised the $700 billion "rescue the thieving super-rich" package, and handed over at least another $630 billion quietly while te bill distracted us.

The U.S. of A. is still like a refrigerator. It's been lying in a rubbish heap in the sun for the last few weeks. Do you really think anyone wants to invade a broken old refrigerator, full of mould and cockroaches?

Even now the Presidential candidates compete to display the most obsequious servility to their Israeli masters.

Are they insane?
Are they afraid?
Or are they simply owned?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I also think no country (or any group of countries for that matter) would be suicidal enough to actually "invade" the US head on. Even with the present economic turmoil that the country is experiencing. As pointed out earlier, how many countries are actually capable of this? Even if a country were to be suddenly capable, do the benefits exceed the consequences? Perhaps it depends on what country we are talking about.

However, "attacking" it is an entirely different issue. Because an "attack" is not necessarily limited to conventional warfare. It could come in many forms such as acts of terrorism. Long range nuclear and biological missiles can also be utilized. Various forms of sabotage is something to consider as well. Things that could cause a country's government and system to implode or deteriorate. These things are more likely to be the immediate subject of concern (at least at present) rather than an all-out invasion of US soil. In context to forceful occupations, these things could also lay out the foundation for possible future invasions.

A nuclear holocaust would be more likely to happen, because in my opinion, the only way to topple down the US right now is perhaps for all countries with a capable military to band together and attack the US on all fronts with precision coordination. Do we seriously think an attack of this scale would not reach the US's intel? And even if this happens, perhaps it is safe to say that the US will use every weapon at its disposal to counter these threats - including their ace card: Nuclear ballistic missiles and bombs. Who would be stupid enough not to use it when worse comes to worst? All the more reason why I think an invasion is less likely to happen.

There is a "deterrent".

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yeah, who would be so foolish? America has a masive multi billion dollar debt, a failing economy, more jailed citizens than anywhere else in the world, an uneducated conservative population who supports a bloated military budget that breaks the bank, a nation with more than 50,000,000 who have no health care coverage...millions more starving and sending their hungry to school everymorning...we have nation here that is armed to the hilt with more guns many times over than there are people, and ready to shoot on a dimes drop notice....we have a nation with crooked elections, crooked bankers, crooked everyone except the working class who actually contributes someithing...America is bankrupt. What you see now is a bunch of scared republicans trying to milk every last drop fromt he turnup before there is no turnup left!

Who would invade America? I say nobody is that bloody stupid!

[edit on 13-10-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I think some one has simply been watching Red Dawn one too many times.

If the combined forces of Russians and Cubans couldn't do it, then I guess no one can

Ah dear. Have a nice warm cup of milk and relax.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

yeah, and denial ain't just a river in Egypt! Warm milk and... are you kidding? I need to go into accoma for several weeks. Are you kidding me? It' ain't life like it used to be. I don't know where you've been lately, but the international bankers just took over the country, and everyone...everyone got screwed. America isn't the same place, the only thing that is is the flag and i expect that will change soon too.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

Oh don't think I'm under any illusions about the outcome of this 'invasion'
I'm pretty sure if it happened it would be blamed on Obama!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
who wouldnt attack america. # it if i eva get a hold of a country ill attack america along with another few coutrys. the chinese would blow america off the face of the planet. and id say them russians have some # up the sleeves too.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For the last 15 years there have been numerous books that strongly suggest that our government has been training U.N. Forces right here in the U.S.A......The U.N. is who I suppose would be the ones to march up on your porch and demand entry to search for and confiscate anything and everything they've been told to.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
I am just asking the simple question.

Cause how i look at it 1 in 9 southern states family own at least 1 firearm.
And they are ready to at any time to defend our country.

thus we have the world largest military inside our own country.

Did you know.....American's can buy rifle shotguns semi automatic army rifle's also..From flea market's pawnshop's no question asked for hunting .

Yes Americans are locked and loaded .
And yes every American with a gun will shoot invader's into our great country.

Beside dropping a nuke on us..it's futile.

at the drop of a hat 1 state's citizens just 1 states ..will mass well over two hundred thousand strong barring arm's to defend it.

I just thought all the attack America now !!! folk's should now before hand

No offense but any country that is capable of invading the U.S. will also have an immensely powerful air force. Your flea market purchased hunting rifle isn't going to do much against a Mig35 bombing your neighborhood with thermobaric bombs and your local militia isn't going to do much against remote controlled UAV's nailing them with missiles and armor plated infantry carriers with 50 caliber machine guns sticking out of every side.

But I guess one can always hope and dream.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
they got to get out of them airplanes and tanks eventually

And heck yes i love that movie red dawn.

Thumping my chest...hmmm..maybe but at least i would go down fighting.

unlike other so called Americans that would sit and hope nothing happens to them or there family.
i would go out with a bang..eventually they would have to nuke us to win.

face it them air bomb us get real...we got so many jet's nothing is going to get close to us to let that happen ..at least more than one or two time's.

but as i said INVADE America....
you can air raid all ya want you still have to get out of them planes eventually.
and same with the tank's.
that's when American citizen's who bought them flea market rifle's would open a can of whoop arse on the invaders.

i know it would take years upon year's if any country tried.

i say Americans would fight each other to give up fighting we have became so soft.

Don't fight them jimbob your endangering my youngin's. ..just let em take the country over it sucks anyways...
that last phrase reminds me of some poster's from America.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
lol they dont need to invade they took over this morning at 830am est. go to rueters and look up the annoucement in the business section. europe announced the fed is handing out an unlimited amout of us dollars to any company over there....the article is an amazing piece of crap actually. being we never said they could do it ! oh and by the way we arent the ones who took over wall street today either. we where on bank holiday remember..? no cash trades and our banks where closed.
go read the article seriously people, this is real bad! i will see if i can find the link in the mean time.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Uhhhh....Beforetime,

I'm not sure if you know this but. Mexico has been pretty successful at invading the US. And if you live in Southern California it also seems like half of the middle east has invaded there too. So plenty of countries have succeeded at invading the US.

and no they are not afraid of our wal mart bought guns. In fact most of the people I've seen that have recently invaded LA are alarmingly rich and flying down the street in their M3s, 55AMGs, and even SLRs, all usually in complete disregard for vehicle code laws.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Why are these stupid threads started for what purpose, you have the US Goverment quaking in its boots stating to the Nation that alleged Terrorists could set off nukes in various cities and if they did martial law would have to be introduced. Then you have ignorant people posting who could attack or invade the US, we ll the answer is plenty of countries have to capabiltiy to wipe the US off the map but why would they and for what point.#

There are sufficient countries out there with hundreds and one with thousands of nukes not to mention CB weapons so again what is the purpose of these threads other than the brain dead patriots stating we can take anyone on. With all that is going on in the World and especially America you would think the average American has got a dam sight more to worry about from his own Goverment than some fanatsy induced attack on the US but obviously not.

Perhaps these people could focus there minds and energies on what is real and important. nuff said.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join