It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country would be foolish enough to try too invade America!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
And with the way things are going how much longer do you think you will be able to hold onto those guns.

The short answer? Til death do us part! The long answer? A warning to those who seek to infringe upon my liberty and part me with my weapons. Both will be vigorously defended with extreme prejudice, "til death do us part."

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Thank you my esteemed brother from AJ. I lived in AZ for 18 years (had a Donzi slip'd at Canyon Lake for many years, drove through AJ all the time) and know the fight you speak of very well, hence my post. Thanks for the star.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

If a invasion is was taking place, all them shops would probably be handing out guns to anyone willing and able to use one. Maybe troops would have machine guns automatics, but it still is no match to a bolt action rifle with a scope. Like you said armed average marksmen armed with such rifles would mean certain death to any would be troops. Just waiting in windows on top of buildings around corners. They would be dropping like flies. In a sense be a militia of snipers.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by sean]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In that case, the entire town would be levelled from miles away, the public can easily be killed off.

But it would never happen...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
I am just asking the simple question.

Mexico has a fairly good case for invasion right now. About 10% of her population is here illegally.

To put this in perspective, if it was China, we'd be talking about 130,000,000 instead of just 10,000,000 or so.

As far as a military invasion, no one can or ever will invade the USA for reasons you stated and several other reasons.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

Originally posted by Mainer

Originally posted by TheRooster

Their dogs have infiltrated high society (try snapping a photo of Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohan without a chihuahua).

Are they spies? Woof!
All of the chihuahua's in the world will rise up and kill all gringos at a programed time in the very near future. No one is safe. VIVA ZAPATA......AIIEEE!!!!!
This is bad. Very bad. My fiancee wants a Chihuahua puppy for Christmas..

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I cant imagine anyone really wanting to invade the US. But lets assume someone does want to invade the US.

A gun-toting population would not deter an agressor. It would only take a few atrocities on the invaders part to bring the general public to heel. Just because the Western world like to 'play by the rules', does not mean someone else will.

If i was the General in charge of any invasion force and my troops were attacked by militias, i would televise the destruction a couple of towns by having the citizens hanged from lamposts and then levelling the town. Then i would kindly request that all firearms be handed-in. If not, I would then move on to the next town and repeat the previous procedure ....... simple really. A simple round-up of women and children would get the right result.

Now, how do you feel about having guns?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i don't understand what anyone could get out of invading the U.S..
it's not like there's land to be had here to set up shop on. everything has been appropriated.

i don't believe anyone could come in and take over. we've got a pretty well oiled machine here of people working, doing business, and innovating. maybe if we had a major catastrophe/fema camp scenario, but it's hard to envision someone breaching or soil and taking over.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
mexico seems to be doing a pretty good job of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The only country who attacks other countries right now is the United States itself.

What about Russia invading Georgia? Ethiopia invading Somalia? Israel invading Lebanon? But of course only the evil Americans would do such a dastardly act!

As for invading the US ... someone already did its called Mexico. And all without a single shot being fired.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by ChrisF231]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Its actually very simple to invade america... its called a trade embargo.

No more guns for you mate.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Basically, any country that has nukes will not be invaded, goes for any country. Unless they can't nuke you for some reason or you can disable their nukes, in the case of the US this isn't happening.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Georgia attacked Russia first. What happened afterward was actually the best the Georgians could have hoped for. Russia could have flattened them without breaking a sweat.

Ethiopia went in, with the backing of the USA, to rid Somalia of an Islamist Government with alledged terrorist ties and to provide stability to their own country which borders Somalia.

Israel invaded Lebanon, with US backing, to "eliminate a terrorist threat" on their border.

They key theme is all of the above conflicts were between countries/entities that border each other and threatened each other.

Two out of the three you mentioned were sanctioned by the USA. The third was sanctioned in respect of the Georgians, but it backfired horribly.

The US, on the other hand, invaded countries which are no where near to them, pose no threat whatsover, but have substantial access to Oil or hold strategic positions.

EDIT: As for the OP, why on earth would anyone want to invade the USA? Somewhat paranoid, isn't it?

Besides, you seem to be doing a good job of doing yourselves in anyway, so any potential conqueror just has to sit back and wait.

[edit on 12/10/08 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
We've already been invaded. Who controls American policy? Israel. No politician who cares for his career would ever speak out against Israel. we give more to Israel than any other country. We fight wars for Israel. Zelikow openly stated that the war in Iraq was for Israel, and the public doesn't bat an eyelash.

www.commondreams.org...

As to why would anyone want to invade USA, isn't it clear? USA spends more on military than the next 10 countries combined. What's that saying, all brawns and no brain?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What if we are invaded from within..Is that possible? Will Americans shoot US troops that might try to take them to a concentration camp? Sherriffs department that might try to take your home, food , guns etc. I think most Americans hold authority figures in very high respect.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The average American may own a gun but if there were enemy tanks driving down the street with helicopters and aeroplanes overhead, then you would have to be pretty stupid to try to resist capture with a shotgun or a pistol.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by mc1km]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

EDIT: As for the OP, why on earth would anyone want to invade the USA? Somewhat paranoid, isn't it?

That's what I thought too when I read the first post.

It really looks like weird, unnecessary 'chest thumping' to me. Completely unsolicited and just bizarre without any context.

It's a bit sad really.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh dear , oh dear...

Yes ok we know some Americans like to think that because they own a firearm they are invincible! they are the law and the way !

I doubt for 1 second that any invading force would of not taken into account that the majority of the public there own some sort of firearm!

So , how does a hunting rifle or 2 match up to a Tank??? A Nuke?? a squad of highly trained heavily armed combat troops trained in the art of close quarters fighting and gurilla warfare ? Dont think cleetous or Hank would stand much chance , Be honest now .not all patriotic and banner waving ! Yeah i know u would give it a bloody good go but, unless u got some sort of trained force with armour behind you , you aint going to last too long! Also any invasion would have the forthought to flatten all that would be resistance beforehand BASIC stuff .. no army likes hand to hand street fighting but, They are trained in this so would be able to deal with it.. Just look at Northern Ireland in the 70's and 80's The British Army learnt how to deal and respond to urban fighting and now are extremely adept in tackling this situation...

Basically with forthought and a bit of time Anything IS possible

Regards
Git

Edit for poor punctuation .. oops

[edit on 12-10-2008 by completenuttergit]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc1km
The average American may own a gun but if there were enemy tanks driving down the street with helicopters and aeroplanes overhead, then you would have to be pretty stupid to try to resist capture with a shotgun or a pistol.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by mc1km]

Ssssh! They're playing a grown-ups version of 'Cowboy and Indians'; don't spoil it for them.

I often see the Yamamoto quote about guns being behind every blade of grass. Yeah, I can imagine that was a problem in WWII but now? If a country is going to invade America, then I think it's safe to assume that various 'rules of engagement' are going to have gone right out of the window. Something else I see a lot on this board is the adage about taking a knife to a gunfight. Do Americans really think that a country invading America is going to take a gun to the American people's gunfight?

If it's got to the point where America is being left defended by non-military Americans with handguns and rifles, they might as well call it a night. I wish people would realise that it's not the 18th C. any more.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Umm... you may also find that in countries like Irak, Iran and Pakistan, in which on average one buisiness out of 20 was a arms factory during the cold war (and I believe that this is still valid today in Pakistan), the people are armed with heavier stuff than a beretta. Did any one hesitate invading Irak, or Afghanistan, although many families owned at least one AK ? Who won ? Question answered.

No militia is a match for a modern army, this is especially valid in the case of a clueless redneck unloading his 12 gauge on an APC, or on an attack helicopter. Get a grip. And just in case you were wondering, being a white "patriotic american" who goes to church and smokes a cigar doesn't improve your chances of survival, like in the movies.

At the best you could hold out against your own troops so long as you're organised, and your governement refuses to go through with bombing one of it's own cities. Once you've caused enough trouble, they will eventually say "what the heck" and reduce any resistance to rubble. Which is what would happen to any insurgents in the case of a real invasion, because at that point, you can imagine that any conventions against blasting civilians would be overlooked by the invader. A hunting rifle is no match for artillery. I rest my case, "cowboy". You would last for two proud but stupid seconds.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join