It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland Nuns Branded as Suspected Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Maryland Nuns Branded as Suspected Terrorists

www.foxnews.com

BALTIMORE — Dominican nuns Sister Ardeth Platte and Sister Carol Gilbert have spent more than 40 years protesting nuclear weapons and war, even doing time in federal prison for their actions.

They say they have devoted their entire lives to nonviolent resistance.

But after spending two weeks out of town, Sister Ardeth, 72, and Sister Carol, 60, returned to their Baltimore home to find letters and an e-mail from the Maryland State Police saying they were wrongfully labeled as suspected terrorists in a federal database between 2005 and 2006.

For 13 years, the missionary nuns from Michigan have lived and worked in the Jonah House community, a faith-based, non-violent resistance community in Baltimore.

"To be labeled a terrorist is really very hard to hear and to accept when your whole life has been one of loving nonviolence. And do we resist some of the policies of our government? Yes," Sister Ardeth said. "But does civil dissent and civil unrest mean that people are going to be labeled as terrorists?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well just so you guys know as the economy gets worse and it becomes more and more obvious to people that the government has been hi jacked and is robbing us of all of our wealth that the terror card will be played quite a bit to keep the outcry at a minimal. They will use the police force and companies like Blackwater to make sure this happens. These women where nothing more than against nukes and war. I dont think that should make them terrorists.

She also says quote

"If they can label us as terrorists, they can label all kinds of people as terrorists. So then people become afraid to speak out against what the established government might be saying," Sister Carol said. "And that is the demise of democracy."

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I assume they are catholic, so why does the vatican not get involved, with the case. If they are not catholics, rub that comment.

Amazing, but i doubt we are surprised, america think people that have nothing to do with there country are terrorists, and have to be watched even if they are poor, and never even have any ambition, to even go to the usa.

The fbi are some sort of world police, and for some reason they ahve investigated me, and i live in england and have no intention of ever going to america(cannot stand the place).

Thought crimes are here, and i doubt once these nuts get these powers they will do anything they can.

But like i say, you would think if they are nuns, and if they are catholic, i would contact the vatican, or there local bishop, to contact the vatican. Some of these things that the american agencies do, is totally beyond, any reason, other than the people doing this must hate others so muc, and want to dominate people so badly.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Something very interesting about U.S.A is that they advocate freedom to all world but they love to attack other countries and label as terrorist anyone who is against WAR.

Ironic.

Most people of planet probable will be labeled "terrorist" because they are against wars

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
well this isnt the first thread i saw about baltimore labeling people as terrorists.

im from there and i imagine pretty soon i will be posting my own thread about how i am labeled a terrorist. if you can label a friggin' nun... then you are ruthless.
the word terrorist, in this town, gets thrown around a LOT... and yet you'd think they'd be worried about real problems like
... oh i dunno... the death rate due to gangs/drugs. everyday on the news there are at least 3-5 people dead because of something or another.... haven't yet had a REAL terrorist problem here.. and yet this is what they do... pfft... ridiculous...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There could be a message here.

Why remove them from the list now? especially with them adding almost everyone else to their list, why even mention it to them?

Does anyone else think this is odd?

Has something behind the scenes changed in the US Government? has something broken in the NWO?

Did their plans go wrong somehow?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Our state has some problems
... haven't you heard about the previous abuse of power... the governor labeled anti-war and anti-death penalty protesters (I believe) as terrorists. The cynicism doesn't stop at the East Coast.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They are terrorists.

They are terrorists in the sense that the goverment fears people like this who wont blindly accept everything that it forced down their throat.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Actually, most nuns are terrorists. Just ask anyone from my generation that went to Catholic grammar school. Just watch the Blues Brothers, if you have any doubt.

In all seriousness though, why doesn't Homeland Security just list the 3 people in the country that are NOT terrorists? They could save a lot of paper. Our tax dollars at work. I'm glad to know that Homeland Security is keeping the country safe from 72 year old nuns. Good job, Chertoff. Hey, I hope you have all the crooks on Wall Street on your list. They're the real TERRORISTS.

new topics

top topics

join