It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How easy is it to make fake ufo pics that r undectable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ive seen a lot of documentaries that show 'experts' authenticating ufo pics just because they cant find any strange pixilation surrounding the ufo. Its not that difficult to produce composite pic's without a pixilation halo without using professional software. If you know how

Vitaloverdose (c) 2007

[edit on 11-10-2008 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Its easy. My wife was a photo retoucher, and had been involved in the industry for a long time.

Nature images in which the size of elephant herds are larger then originally photographed, and a host of other things are common place.
Undetectable by the human eye, or the average viewer. Not everything you see now days is what was seen.

Images edited in the digital domain pixel for pixel cannot be trusted in absolute certainty. Even film, can be retouched, re-negatived with a slightly less focus, and you have a flawless image. You wont be able to see the artwork. Done every day, at professional photolabs everywhere.

In the world of video, time code and frame marking are important, especially for criminal prosecution. Video that can be edited and it not time coded can be defeated in a court of law as the credibility of each individual frame cannot be ascertained.

In my opinion, some of the best UFO evidence however, is in video taping where more then one camera at one time is filming the same thing. Unless that which they are filming is a fraud, I would be more inclined to believe that, then a single release alone.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Agreed

But to be honest i dont think ive seen much like that other than those 6 lights from germany that were filmed in a group a few years ago.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
UFO photos and videos are by themselves not great evidence, because even if they're legitimate, the amount and kind of information they provide is extremely limited.

Anybody with a little time, ambition, and money could build a full-sized, inflatable flying saucer and take crystal-clear pictures of it in the air and on the ground and have little aliens running around it, or whatever. And the images would be undetectable as fakes, because they wouldn't be fake. They'd be real! The saucer and the aliens would be fake.

That's why anybody who goes along with any UFO photo (no matter how good it is by itself) that doesn't have any associated hard evidence, and believes it to be some kind of "proof" of aliens or time travelers or whoever is, in my opinion, a gullible dope.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have one you can play 'debunk the photo' with

Is it real? Fake? Really fake?

And it is amazing how easy it is to hoax something.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm a web and graphic designer and know that it is very easy to make fakes. However you do need some kind of knowledge of what you are doing (Paint won't do it :lol

You need to know your fair share of layer working, masking, shading etc.

9 out of 10 times it's very easy to debunk a ufo picture. Next to that there is a big amount of pictures that are so bad in quality that it could be anything on there so they don't qualify as evidence.

A good picture is high resolution and includes surroundings for reference (trees, buildings etc). If you shoot them by hand do not.. I repeat DO NOT use zoom functionality. If you have a tripod do only use the optical zoom and NEVER the digital zoom.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

The best way to do it is by trial and error

Produce one...post it on ATS, get 1000 reply posts, then see if you get banned for hoaxing or not

[edit on 3/11/2008 by OzWeatherman]

new topics

top topics

join