It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blossom Goodchild "I told you so" thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

You are misguided if you think that bullying and humiliating someone will make them change the way they think. People do not get insight from humiliation. They get insight from self reflection and consideration.
No amount of name calling or bullying will do that for them.
This mentality is typical of gradeschool bullies .. it has never worked and it never will. All it does is make you look rude.

I think the only point I think i can agree with you on is that people need to take responsibility for themselves.. however you are not displaying that quality too much yourself right now.

You are not analyzing your own beliefs or how you can help but ridiculing others.. that in no way is taking responsibility for yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Is it a prediction if she has been contacted and told that they are coming!

In my mind that is not a prediction. But a planned event. Its normal to be sceptic to this kind of a statement because no media or other source has been contacted. In three days we will know the truth any way, lets hope for the best so we don't have to trouble our self more then once

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I feel awful, I really do. I appears I have struck a nerve with the believers. It's ok. I give you permission to believe your fairytales. I hope you people are right. I really do. I hope we all get saved by an Alien race of super evolved beings who inhabit a 2000 mile spaceship.lol.
Man I really would love to see that but my better jugement says it won't happen. I am truly sorry for trying to take away your fairytale. I will see you all on the 15th. In the meantime, it is a beautiful day and I intend to enjoy it. Have fun ripping this thread apart, I will have my fun on the 15th, if only in my own mind, knowing how many people there still are who will believe in anything.

Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who said "A sucker is born every minuite."?
How true indeed. Shame on the people who bought intop this crap.lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Did I read somewhere she was going to commit suicide if the Galactic whatever thing doesn't happen?

I think the spirit of your thread is harmless, but public ridicule could possibly send someone close to the edge, over the edge. Considering the measured amount of anonymity one's profile provides, this is still public forum, and I can't imagine you would feel good about yourself if the ridicule led to something senseless, but perhaps I'm wrong.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by TheRooster]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

I appears I have struck a nerve with the believers. It's ok. I give you permission to believe your fairytales.

Really? Why don't you prove that?
Why don't you go find somewhere that I backed up blossom goodchild?

You Cant because such a post does not exist.
The people who are calling you on this being un becoming of an ATS member are simply normal ATSers no more, no less.

PROVE THAT everyone here that has questioned your thread is a BELIEVER in blossom goodchild!

PROVE IT!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
First off, yes there is a point. I am tired of people that breath my air being so gullable and easily manipulated.

And yet, truth be told, I'd go dollar for dollar you interact with folks on a daily basis who feel the same likewise.

It is one thing to have an open mind but this is crossing the line in my opinion. Denying ignorance works both ways.

While I personally view the entire "scenario", Blossom included, as complete fantasy and misplaced faith, I still wouldn't claim nor make it my place to pass judgement on those who choose to "see" things otherwise.

I am an individual capeable of independant thought and action.

As are others... capable of independent thoughts and or actions, that is. Odd, that.

As such I think that the people who have bought into this nonsense should be publicly humiliated.

No matter the outcome, it would seem you'll have a fine view from the towne square stock you've since sequestered yourself to.

Don't mind the Mob town folk, they're friendlies.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
wow it hasnt even happened yet and people are already bashing the woman

either way we are all gonna find out in 3 days if she was right or wrong. I think shes right with this something just feels good about it. I'm looking forward to coming on here if this does happen and laughing at everyone who said it wouldnt too many people are so closed minded OPEN YOUR MIND theres alot more going on in the grand scheme of things and we are apart of it, like it or not.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRooster

Rooster, I gave you a star for your post. You are very right. I would not want to be the cause of someone taking their own life. I suppose I have not considered how mentally unstable some of these people are. I would encourage anyone thinking of taking your own life because you were wrong, NOT TO!!!! It is ok to be wrong. I do it all the time. When faced with the fact that your worldview was completely and totally wrong, instead of offing yourself, Just change your worldview/deeply held,firlmly rooted beliefs. Change is a good thing. It means you are growing.

I also reserve the right to be wrong. I actually hope that I am wrong. I want to be wrong. I really do. I will be the first one to step up and say "I WAS WRONG"!!! "I AM SO SORRY" "WOW YOU PEOPLE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG" "I need to change my ways and re-think my entire world view".

I just don't see it happening.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by cbass]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Belief starts with desire, and everybody has that. If people discover that their beliefs are wrong, they will naturally determine how to better act on their desires. I think cbass is still learning to accept his bitterness as a part of life. Be more forgiving. Ridicule changes little.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
He can't because as far as i have seen most people here are of the same mentalilty.

"I hope it happens, I would like to see it happen but im cautious."
"I'm on the fence on this issue"

I myself made a post here linking people to one of her channelings...now does that make me some hard cor believer who is going to cry to the heavens if/when it doesn't happen? uuhhhhhh nooo

I put the post up because people here have taken a genuin interest in the prediction. Just because you comment on it validity or you make the stance of "being on the fence" does not make you a believer. About all it shows is that you have an open mind. Isn't that the purpose of these forums...for people with open minds to discuss things. I find it amazing that people get ripped for even commenting about this prediction and people have made comments about how many threads there are in this issue.

But lets take a look at all the NWO, NAU, Area 51, Aliens and they are filled with pointless comments based on what one person says to another, usually without and credable information, and yet they are ok.......explain that to me. The point of this forum is for like minded people to be able to discuss things that can be consdiered "out there" by many.

If people want to discuss the issue of Oct 14 that is there buissness, if you want to exspand on it and make you points as to why it's not going to happen that also is your buisness, but to come into thier threads and tear them down is complete crap. Simple explain yourself maturley why you believe, dont believe, or are on the fence on the issue and let it go.

I find it amazing how people can get ripped about believing in Oct 14 and it's ok around here...and yet there can be 20 threads about Project Bluebeam, reptilians, NAU, NWO and the sheer volume of those threads is perfectly normal.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
but to come into thier threads and tear them down is complete crap.

The hypocracy is just too delicious!lol.
Come on man, you fell right into this one.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

Please show me where in my post where im tearing you down?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
He can't because as far as i have seen most people here are of the same mentalilty.

But lets take a look at all the NWO, NAU, Area 51, Aliens and they are filled with pointless comments based on what one person says to another, usually without and credable information,

IS that enough? You were replying to a thread by someone who said I should be more forgiving and you said "HE CAN'T. Really, how do you know this? That wasn't a nice thing to say was it? Of course I can be forgiving. I am forgiving YOU right now.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by cbass

I appears I have struck a nerve with the believers. It's ok. I give you permission to believe your fairytales.

Really? Why don't you prove that?
Why don't you go find somewhere that I backed up blossom goodchild?

You Cant because such a post does not exist.
The people who are calling you on this being un becoming of an ATS member are simply normal ATSers no more, no less.

PROVE THAT everyone here that has questioned your thread is a BELIEVER in blossom goodchild!

PROVE IT!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by NephraTari]

Was actually the post i was reffering to, that was my mistake by not hitting the quote button as i thought I did. If thats where your thinking im being a hypocrit then thats my fault for not hitting the correct button.

But if thats all you have claim im a hypocrit.....

I dont actually see anything in my post where i am outright attacking you at all. I'm offering my opinion on this entire mess. and an opinion that the need for some to openly attack people for Believing something is insane, given the forums we are on.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 10/11/0808 by Trayen11]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Duely noted.
There is a big difference in being open to the possibility of something
/having an open mind, and "believing".

I have an open mind. I do not "believe" in a whole lot because belief is based on the unknown. It is assering something as truth, with no evidence.
Same as "faith" or "patriotism". It is irrational thought. I am open to this possibility but do I buy into it/"believe it" NO!!!!

If it happens, GREAT. It most likely won't, but if it does, Awsome.

I have a huge problem with ignorance and people who are gullable. Some people will believe anything they are told. This is how we got as deep into this mess (Our current world situation) as we have. People are TOO trusting/gullible.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Interestingly it wasn't only Blossom Goodchild who said this and I wonder if she is getting this from this person:

www.alienseekernews.com...

Dannion Brinkley. In his latest book (entitled “Secrets of the Light” and published in 2004) on page 222 Brinkley says: “By the year 2008, the fact that we are not alone in the universe will be made undeniably clear to everyone on the planet. With millions of planets and billions of stars, I cannot fathom how we could ever thought in any other terms. However, for those who have doubted, the extraterrestrials will make themselves known. I believe they feel they have no choice but to show themselves as we verge on self-annihilation, genocide and toxic poisoning. The truth of our inter-galactic lineage will become common knowledge. If I am to believe the vision, the truth of our intergalactic lineage will cause humanity to take one wild ride.”

Maybe Brinkley should own up to the 'failure' as well?

I really hope these people are right and I am wrong, but sadly they are deluded imho.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't know what is more pathetic:

The OP or the people giving him some sort of validation.

Ignore the thread and let it die. Who cares if this a-hole wants to trash others for waht they believe in. We can all believe that he is an asshole who is concerned only with feeling better about his small, tiny little life.

Stop replying and the thread will find obscurity.

edit for clarification: No, I do not believe a word of the prediction.

[edit on 10/11/0808 by spines]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
I don't know what is more pathetic:

Who cares if this a-hole wants to trash others for waht they believe in. We can all believe that he is an asshole who is concerned only with feeling better about his small, tiny little life.

[edit on 10/11/0808 by spines]

That wasn't very nice. Why do you call me names? Did I offend you? I don't know why you would say such things.Have I called you names? Please explain.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cbass

And i do agree with you that people can be so easily pulled into things without taking a second to step back and look at all the angles. But you know that works both ways...countless people here are SURE the NWO is coming, people here are SURE Alien abductions happen, people here are SURE Bush is not leaving office. Funny enough though I dont see threads being started stating they are going to be ridiculed and laughed at if it does not happen.

I do think you are right in respect to people allowing themselves to fall fully for something without even thinking it all the way through. But here is my question to you. What gives you the right to laugh, embaress and ridicule these people for thier beliefs.....

Say you totally believed with every once of your being that Bush is evil and will not give up his power and stay in office. Say you believed it to your very core, and say come Jan a new president is sworn in and out Bush goes.....I am pretty sure you would consider it rude, and very childish if I made a thread and tore you and everyone else who believed it to pieces..right?

Look all I was trying to say is this. Yes people tend to blindly follow things. But that is thier right to do so. and even though it is your right to free speech to come in here and publically ridicul them...do you honestly think that it is morally the right thing to do?

There is a big difference between exercising free speech, and openly ridiculing people for no other gain then self amusment...dont you think?

For me I guess it comes down to Morales...just because you can do something, doe not exactly make it the right thing to do.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
"Reply Anonymously"
HA! Without my glasses I thought it said "reply posthumously".

So, it is confirmed that this Bloosom individual is a fake?
Lotta material out there...

Good chance of an Illuminati plot.

She is a Bohemian Grove Clubber.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join