It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New message from Blossom Goodchild OCT 11TH

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Hurt through the fact that there exists a lot of people that need hope and therefore seeks refuge every time someone makes statements like those. Just look at all those sects that are around.
If Blossom had set a date in the year 2040 instead she could probably have had herself a nice huge crowd of devout followers that would follow her every bidding.

But even here where that isn't the case she' still going to attract some needful people whose only outcome would be disappointment. Indeed some less than others, but a few might be heartbroken over the fact that they yet again let themselves be swallowed by people like Blossom.
Not everyone are sitting here going "hehe yeah right flowergirl!" like myself.

How much disappointment and lost hope can one take?

My initial argument is simply "the price of one, for the life of many".
A healthy happy life is not just about being alive, having an expensive stereo and car, but also being free from people who intentionally lie, deceit or hurt. Especially if you're a person who only has the will to rely on what others say or do.

My argument is that Blossom in fact knows she is lying and therefore intentionally is causing hurt to people. She might not have thought it through, but that, I believe, is the outcome.

[edit on 12/10/08 by flice]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

No, I disagree with you...in that neither you or I can say for certain that she is in FACT being disingenuous. If she were IN FACT trying to AND admitting to attempting to defraud anyone then THAT would call for her jailing.

But, it could well be that SHE truly believes what she is saying. Were that the case, anyone "hurt" by it, simply has themselves to blame as they should have approached the subject with better eyes than that.

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unisol
i totaly agree that she should be send to jail or sancioned!shes selling books on this for god sake!liek a huge scam!i really hope and want them to come..but if they dont come...i want her in jail!

i reckon anybody who beleives her then gets upset at her for lieing should be locked up in an underground cave with the rest of the bunnys who were stuped enough to beleive it. there the same people who belive ther is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

anyhow good on her for making a buk or to from gullable fools.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

But that's just not the case with some people... people are different, some have strong wills, some are inquisitive, some are not and are gullible.
But that doesn't mean anyone should be feeding their "problems".

If I managed to con you into buying into a pyramid scheme or some other thing because your kind of hope was more money, and the outcome would be distress and extreme loss of hope, who would you blame? Me... or poor you?
I'm just trying to put out the flame before moths are dumb enough to plummet into it.

But that's another difference between people, empathy and responsibility for others than one self.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

That's a dispicable point of view :S

So if I asked you the same question as I did AlphaB:
If I managed to con you into buying into a pyramid scheme and the result was you losing money and selfrespect, you'd go "Aw man... you got me good there" and go about your business without holding a grudge?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
If I managed to con you into buying into a pyramid scheme or some other thing because your kind of hope was more money, and the outcome would be distress and extreme loss of hope, who would you blame? Me... or poor you?

Well, the point is moot because you couldn't con me into that. And why? Because of what I alluded that others should do, yet not in so many words. Due Diligence.

It's not like I don't understand what you're saying I'm all for empathy, yet I DONT think this person is (key word here) willfully trying to defraud anyone. Frankly the only way we WILL know that is if she admits to it. Again, calling for a jailing based on such cursory and horrible knee-jerk reaction would most likely instead, get the originating party in court with a counter-suit.

This makes the whole idea of jailing someone FAR too aggressive and extreme. However, once she admits to the quintessential "sorry guys i was just kidding", then screw her...send her to the joint for all I care.

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

a con is tricking some one into something and not stating the true facts about it and by doing that gaining in some way.

but who has she con? only gullable fools.

she has stated a mopther ship will be ariving on 0ct 14th.

if people are stuped enough to beleive her and waste there hard earned dollar on her crap whos fault is that?

bloosem? or the gullable fool?

if i wrote a book that stated if you throw a match in the sea it would catch on fire and people bought this book am i at fault for some one buying the book or are the people who bought it?

[edit on 12-10-2008 by gate13]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

I agree with flice, that's a TRULY dispicable point of view. You work for Goldman Sachs by chance?

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well at least we partly agree...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

Well... you are to blame, quite clearly. Or in nicer words... the one who writes the book is to blame, hands down.

*added for two line fun*

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

i just find it amusing that people can get so hooked up on the strangest of claims by people who have no hard evidence. .

if this happens it will be wow but what are the chances?

i would personally think if there were aliens and they were coming to our planet you would think they would be contacting world leaders to arrange a meeting bc of the problems they may cause , if this ship arrives oct14 un announced your going to have every plane,tank, man, bomb and pee shooter taking aim at it

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
You know what would be really twisted?

What if Blossom Goodchild is actually working for the New World Order (like 12.21.12 said; the OP's post even has "New World" in the message), and UFOs actually DO show up on our planet all over the place (either real or holographic)? Then the government originally, wearing a mask, called the UFOs evil, but makes many obvious mistakes which leads the public to thinking the UFOs are good. Then, the UFOs tell the world that we need to unite together with peace, unity, and love, but in reality, the ultimate goal is far from that?

That would be interesting, to say the least.

I've thought about this myself and it really has to make you think.
I know if it does happen, I won't blindly follow... I will watch their actions and see for myself if they have good intentions or bad.
But IF they are real and they do show up AND they are bad... What are we humans to do about it? We would be screwed. - See Independence Day
On the other side of the coin, they could be bad without us knowing. - See Stargate SG1 - Season 4, Episode 16 - '2010'

Having said all that... I am just going to go with the flow

I don't think we will see it as it is stated on her site that she believes they will 'uncloak' over the southern pole.
Odd location I will admit, but wasn't those freaky Google Earth images over the south pole as well?
Hmmss... interesting times indeed...

I for one hope they do show up and that they are indeed good.
We humans need a little reprieve.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

Actually what I find more odd than anything, (which somewhat screams HOAX) is simply, why are these soothsayers channeled timeframes always based on the gregorian calander. I mean if they are SO advanced why not base it on Tun's and Baktun's, or the Hebrew calander, or the I-ching, or the diverse array of calendrical algorithms that exist. In fact, if one thinks about it, the gregorian is probably the LEAST accurate.

I have a hard time swallowing THAT as I always do with prophecy.

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ground Control to Major Tom,
Ground Control to Major Tom,
Take your vitamin and put your helmet on.......

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade......

I cant stop humming that song and i dont know why.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well stop, now I have imaginations flowing all over the place

LOL

AB1

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Tarred and feathered would be appropriate.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gate13

Indeed... I do agree on that. But I can't help feeling for the people who choose or can't help to choose believing in something like this, as much as I feel with those who get caught up in religious sects
I have a few 1st hand encounters of this myself. Not fun to see friends transform because someone put something into their heads.

I'd like to be sure that we would be visited and I won't discount the posibility of it happening regardless of the statements of esteemed persons like Stephen Hawkings. But I feel I need to defend the right to reason over things... think scenarios and speculations through and discuss them. That's why I don't like what I in this case would call rantings from Blossom.
There's not enough hard evidence, as one would expect from something being painted so definate as she is painting this. Only a lot of promises. I get the same feeling when trying to discuss christianity with a christian; no arguments or explanations, only faith.

Silence me xD To say it short... I'm fanatic about proof, before believing and that's the "teaching" I want to bring to those who feel a need to hope. You know, help them judge things themselves from a point of reason rather than faith.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

yes, it says we want to know we're not alone in the universe....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
reply to post by gate13

Well... you are to blame, quite clearly. Or in nicer words... the one who writes the book is to blame, hands down.

*added for two line fun*

not sure if your being sarcastic here, but why would the person who wrote the book be at fault? its not like he put a gun to your head and said buy the book.

if people cant decide on what is fact from fiction then they are living in a la la land.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

True that

I would expect them to use some kind of galactic calender like the Mayans had more or less.
Another thing that haunted me was that even though she is in Australia, one of the messages gave the word "Alabama". If the beings are so worldly interested why target something I perceive as a word of American origin?
I mean... if I were to ask someone to think of the first thing that popped into their mind when I said "alabama" then they would answer America.

My reason says that that word was used because amongst other a large number of American web users are following her writings and therefor she wants to put something in that they can relate to.

Also I don't understand why she was chosen to deliver the messages instead of a person of a more beneign or peaceful nationality. Heck, why not choose the Dalai Lama, an old farmer in the hills of japan, a fisherman from Greenland or a norwegian teacher?

It somehow boiled down to an english speaking nation to a woman with a newage name?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join