It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive forgot how to post an image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi all,

Ive forgot how to post an image on thread or on profiles. Ive done it before but now I cant remember how I did it

I know I need to upload the image first into my ATS upload space, which is fine Ive done that...its just the next bit. I select copy and then when I post it just brings up a link rather than the picture itself. I want the picture to actually appear on profile.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
9 or 10th icon down....

The artist pallet....

Or go to FAQ... you knew that was coming.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
I know I need to upload the image first into my ATS upload space, which is fine Ive done that...its just the next bit. I select copy and then when I post it just brings up a link rather than the picture itself. I want the picture to actually appear on profile.

The better way of putting a pic in a post is going and get your self a photobucket account - reason for this is ATS only has so much server space, and photobucket is a dedicated picture hosting site. It's all free, then you either upload a pic from your hard drive, or you can right click on any image on the net and copy / paste the image URL. When you have uploaded it you will be given (4?) links, copy the [IMG] one straight into your post - et voila!

Here's a couple I prepared earlier!

Like I said the beauty is this way don't eat ATS's server capacity - all ATS is concerned with is where to link the photo - and not the actual hosting..

Oh yhea remember to set the image size before uploading - use message board or smaller or you throw the whole page off

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Photobucket is good.
Sometimes I think I only see the image but I have had no complaints.
I even post the link.
Sometimes I see the not there sign.
The profile does not have the [IMG] icons.
That may be a problem.
People have left their ATS avatar and even a video in my profile
but I don't know how to do it and never tried since there are no icons.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here's a couple of links I think worth reading you will see various BB codes for posting images to ATS in the hot linking link below.

Mod Note: Image Hotlinking – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
9 or 10th icon down....

The artist pallet....

9th icon, artist pallet?

The photobucket idea is a good one, I'll attempt that one. I have posted images before without any of this though, maybe the rules have changed since then, seen as ATS gets more traffic.

Thank you for all your help.

top topics

join