It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain booed by his own supporters!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

McCain I believe realises he and his campaign have gone to far, trys to defend Obama and gets booed

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

" i think i heard that he's a...he's an arab. he's not?"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I was just watching a portion of this video on the news. I'm sure his campaign members have realised how offensive some of the remarks have been during rallies. They can only backtrack now, but I have a feeling the damage has been done. I'm hearing a lot lately regarding McCain's "negative" campaiging; the perception is that he has used significantly more viscious tactics than Obama has used. From a nonpartisan perspective, it seems to me that the charge is true.
When I heard McCain say that his supporters should not be afraid of Obama as their president, it seemed as though he was preparing them for Obama's presidency. I'm doing a terrible job of explaining it, but I can only say that the the statement had an almost eerie quality to it. There is something wrong here--I can't quite put my finger on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OMG, well the verdict is out. Obama WILL be President.

It is obvious that the puppeteers have told McCain to support Obama because he is going to be the next puppet in the NWO two ring circus!

Shame on all of them, that they would sell their souls to the highest bidder.

ps. The old red neck woman who thinks Obama is an Arab is more frightening then any politician. To think this ill informed, gullible dullard is allowed to vote is astonishing.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

I agree with you about the women.

One of the reasons I like ATS is you can review different opinions about issues, not necessarily to agree or disagree, but at least be exposed to differing opinions on how people view the world.

It does bother me that there are many, and I mean many, citizens in this country who are unwilling to research an issue but who instead just get their news from a single source and declare it as the truth. That goes for anyone, right or left. If you go into a subject with instilled bias, you will come out biased. Do I have my own preconceptions? Sure.

I watched both MSNBC and Fox as the Palin abuse of power news was breaking and saw exactly what I expected to see. MSNBC was hammering the crap out of the story and FOX was talking about the economy. If you take your truth from one source you will not get the whole picture.

I've also been following the posts here and see the same thing. There are two separate statements in the probe that can be interpreted as important depending which side you're on. The left sees the abuse angle because there was an ethics problem, and the right point to the Gov. being right in the position to hire and fire at will.

The misinformed scare the crap out of me and I often can't understand how people can be so ignorant in this day of 24 hr. news.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Oops,

Looks like I wandered away from the OP.

Given what I had known about McCain and his long political career I was surprised by how his campaign was approaching the smear tactics.

He has gone on the record numerous times stating his dislike of negative attacks. If I remember correctly he was on the receiving end of a particularly savage attack by Bush's campaign once.

I could see him becoming more and more uncomfortable as the crowds turned ugly and I feel he told his campaign that enough was enough.

I have great respect for the man and these recent events just point out what type of person he really is.

I'm not voting for him but that doesn't mean I can't respect him.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This illustrates why, even if there is 'real' elections, the fact that places like American and Britain rely on what's ostensibly a two party system is just so messed-up. All it does is foster this weird 'us against them' mentality where there's so much knee-jerk reactionary thinking.

To be honest, that's the thing that's most surprised me about this place. I'd like to think that the fact that people are here, at ATS means there's some smart independent thinking going on. Yet, the reality is I sometimes see some of the most extreme partisan thinking I come across on the internet period. I know the ATS membership is really only a reflection of the general population, but it would be nice to see some of that objective, non-biased thinking that you'd like to think brought us all here in the first place.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Mcaine is a great man and I really admire him. He has a great mind but differs on all the issues with me. I saw him tell the truth and I loved him more. He chased down fear mongering. I wish I could vote for him. If only he could be inticed away from the dark side. I will feel sad for him when he loses, but good must prevail.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We were watching coverage of this on TV yesterday and my husband commented that McCain rallies are starting to sound more like KKK rallies

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
To be quite honest, it was kind of heart warming to see the opposition actually admit that their opponent wasn't worth of the slander and lies that are being thrown at him. I've never really had much support for McCain, but seeing him actually defend his opponent all the while getting booed by his own supporters shows that even McCain knows his fan base has gone to far.
And that women who called Obama an... an "Arab?" That is my shocking moment of the day. Like it was said, people like that should not be allowed to vote. That is why democracy is broken. She is a prime example. She should be locked up. She is a terrorist. Maybe SHE is an arab. Well forget those last two parts, but seriously, people need to educate themselves.

And yes, I am an Obama supporter. Go ahead, ban-hammer me.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
@For(Home)Country

I LOVE your sig quote

For the comments to this Video, thankyou, I am concerned that this election may be settled by an assassins bullet, I pray it wont be, I beleive the the USA needs Obama for all his faults to lift the USA's standing in the world. There has been to much damage done to the reputation of the US and the potential for the good they can do can be shown I believe by a real change. Or as real a change you can have in a two-party system

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sorry to bring this people, but the booing was not on McCain but it was a booing on comments that McCain made about Obama, the crowd became rowdy when McCain made a comment on Obama telling that Obama was a decent person.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by setfree

While I will not vote for him I respect McCain for this!!! Granted he has gotten a little more confortational lately but still he "appears" to want to focus on the issues although it all may be a redirect as his vice presidential canidate keeps getting more and more brass!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
HAHA

good...

That sack of you know what, Juan McCain...

He has run the WORST campain i can even imagine..

McCain deserves to lose...
And we as a Nation deserve whatever atrocities that Hussain will bring to this nation

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
HAHA

good...

That sack of you know what, Juan McCain...

He has run the WORST campain i can even imagine..

McCain deserves to lose...
And we as a Nation deserve whatever atrocities that Hussain will bring to this nation

Which ever candidate win as President will be in such impossible situation (economy, deficit, terrorism, Iraq/Afganistan War, Iran/Israel, etc.) that if it is Obama, his presidency might turn out horrible (far from the change or hope he talk about), then the US voters will probably say to themselves: "Never again, a Black President" (assuming they will not say it on November 4th, never under estimate the Bradley-Wilder effect).

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Bravo for that lady speaking her mind!

I have some very suspicious feelings myself that Obama is hiding his Muslim roots.

John McCain has slammed his supporters more than he has slammed Obama in the campaign. I guess his supporters are starting to realize that.

I love America and I dread an Obama Presidency. But if the man that Louis Farakhan called the messiah does happen to win (with the help of ACORN) all I can say is that it took a Jimmy Carter to get Ronald Reagan.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

We should be comparing our presidents to the ones that tried to protect us from the very situation we are in now. If a persons race or religion decides for you our country will fall.

The most noble leaders of the U.S.A. have united our people with those of other lands and beliefs, when we lose that ability to fear or distrust, we have lost our country and our struggle to advance as people, together in the world.

new topics

top topics

join