It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FactCheck.Org: "He Lied" about Ayers... a Reality Check

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

FactCheck.Org: "He Lied" about Ayers... a Reality Check

www.factcheck.org

"He Lied" About Bill Ayers?
October 10, 2008
McCain cranks out some false and misleading attacks on Obama's connection to a 1960s radical.
Summary
In a TV ad, McCain says Obama "lied" about his association with William Ayers, a former bomb-setting, anti-war radical from the 1960s and '70s. We find McCain's claim to be groundless. New details have recently come to light, but nothing Obama said previously has been shown to be false.

In a Web ad and in repeated attacks from the stump, McCain describes the two as associates, and Palin claims they "pal around" together. But so far as is known, their relationship was never very close. An Obama spokesman says they last saw each other in a chance encounter on the street more than a year ago.

McCain says in an Internet ad that the two "ran a radical 'education' foundation" in Chicago. But the supposedly "radical" group was supported by a Republican governor and included on its board prominent local civic leaders, including one former Nixon administration official who has given $1,500 to McCain's campaign this year. Education Week says the group's work "reflected mainstream thinking" among school reformers. The group was the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, started by a $49 million grant from the Annenberg Foundation, which was established by the publisher Walter Annenberg, a prominent Republican whose widow, Leonore, is a contributor to the McCain campaign.

(FactCheck.org, which is nonpartisan, also receives funding from the Annenberg Foundation. But we are in no way connected to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which finished its work long before we came into being in late 2003.)

For full details, please read on to our Analysis section.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Do we really need to conduct this or any other campaign from so deep in the gutter?

The economy is melting down and there are serious doubts as to whether any of these so called fixes will fix anything at all and we are arguing about Bill Ayers?

Here is a good primer about the so-called controversy. FactCheck.org has an excellent track record of being "fair and balanced" in exposing both the truths and the lies of each campaign.

We need to stop all of the hysteric bullhooey and start seriously discussing the issues.

www.factcheck.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I guess people would prefer to discuss the lie as opposed to discussing the truth.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

i agree with you...but you have to understand that "fear" is the modus operandi of this republican party. it has worked in the past 2 presidential elections, and their base thrives on it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes I know but I am hoping... no indeed I think and from I have heard from others, know that this time most people just don't want to hear it anymore.... times are too dire for such bullhooey anymore.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The Ayers connection is weak, it won't last. We now see a little Palin Scandal emerging not from the Obama campaign but from the Wall Street Journal. Another major blow biting McCain in the ass again. It seems almost too easy.

top topics

join