It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Just Became Very Interesting!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Seems like the last stand up state in the U.S.

Makes you think doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Looks like I'm going to have to move to Montana. Especially if they keep that "mess with our guns and we will secede" promise they made before the Heller verdict.

It's refreshing to hear a (D) tout Ron Pauls A NRA rating. Take note D's. Especially you coastal, gun-grabbing s.o.b. (D)'s.

Montana, apparently a truly Independent state.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I know absolutely nothing about that governor, but basing my opinion upon this interview alone, I definitely like him. I don't imagine Wolf expected Ron Paul to be discussed in the interview, but by god if the governor didn't include him in the first sentence out of his mouth. Kudos for the balls to do so. "You want to talk about McCain and Obama? Well, we'll get to that, but first..."

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

I noticed that, too. Noticed how he tried to downplay Ron Pauls role, and quickly moved to asking questions about Obama and McCains presence there.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I like how the commentator was trying to get the governer to stop talking about RP. Good Job Montana. I've always wanted to move there anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Did you catch when Wolf was trying to wrap it up he says "so you're calling your state for Obama?" and the governor answered "no, not at all"

Where did Wolf pull that one out of? Not once in the interview did he claim anyone was leading. He repeatedly said Pauls great support is keeping the McCain and Obama completely tied. To Wolfe that equates to "Obama is winning?"

Wolfs a numb-nut.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I usually don't comment much on Ron Paul because I probably wouldn't vote for him either. I'm not big on his let's turn over everything to the corporations idea. But it would be most gratifying to see him shake up this election. I think we're screwed either way, personally so if McCain wins due to a split of the liberal vote it doesn't really matter.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Can't watch it (dang dial-up), would someone please post a little more of the gist of the content ?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Looks like I'm going to have to move to Montana. Especially if they keep that "mess with our guns and we will secede" promise they made before the Heller verdict.

It's refreshing to hear a (D) tout Ron Pauls A NRA rating. Take note D's. Especially you coastal, gun-grabbing s.o.b. (D)'s.

Montana, apparently a truly Independent state.

what makes you think that liberal democrats don't own guns and don't support the 2nd amendment. with that said...don't try and break into my house and hurt my family. oh... and i do live on the coast, so assumptions can be very costly.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FewWorldOrder
Can't watch it (dang dial-up), would someone please post a little more of the gist of the content ?

Sure. At the start of the clip, Wolf says that the Montana polls show the state's vote between Obama and McCain is "too close to call". This leads into an interview with the Democratic governor of the state. Wolf expects a discussion of the Obama-McCain race, but the governor immediately begins to talk about Ron Paul's status in the state. He notes that Ron Paul has a significant amount of support, particular in the western region of Montana. Interestingly, Ron Paul will be on Montana's ballot. The governor also mentions that Ron Paul placed second in the Republican caucus, ahead of McCain. Wolf quickly shifts the discussion back to Obama and McCain, per usual--he appears decidedly uncomfortable with the governor's topic of choice.

[edit on 11/10/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thank you very much, paperplanes.

Cool, I rather enjoy it when the PTB's standard programming is interrupted by unexpected leaks of truth.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Because liberal democrats, in New England at least, keep beating the "AWB" drums. You'll have a hard time convincing the people in NYC, MA, CT, and NJ that the liberal democrats are perfectly okay with guns. Then there's the two flagship guys Obama and Biden. One who authored the AWB and both who want to make it permanent.

It's not like the (R)'s in the Northeast are much better.

If I were still in CT I would trade the (R) governor for Montanas (D) in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone knows it yet, but Arizona has passed legislation to secede as well. If there is a gun ban, or if there is a martial law enacted, they will secede if 34 states go with them. There are a few states that would love to, Alaska being one of them.

the bill is called hcr 2034 if you want to google it and actually read the bill itself.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Thewayshemoves]

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I must have missed that Ron Paul comment.When did he say he wanted to turn everything over to corporations?That is really contrary to his stance on...well..everything.He is pro constitution,anti IRS,anti big government,pro gun,pro life,.He has even stated that some corporations in America have to much control over the people.

I must have dozed off during that speech.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Good stuff. That man has earned my respect.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Not just to pop in here & steal Montana's chance in the limelight, but I should point out that it's not just Montana standing up against the tyrannical Feds...Arizona & Oklahoma have already gone public about their intentions. Unfortunately, relatively few people outside of those States really hear about it...Thanks to a complacent (or is it collaborative?) MSM.

Also, Georgia has always been in strong support of the 2nd Amendment (link to Kennesaw gun ordinances, for an example) as well as other states I don't even remember right off the top of my head. I think that, depending on how soon Bush (or his successor, if any) decides to clamp down on the citizens, I'd bet that there's quite a few States that would be more than willing to take in some "refugees," especially if they wanted to help!

Originally posted by jimmyx
what makes you think that liberal democrats don't own guns and don't support the 2nd amendment.

Well, I think that the general stereotype (deserved or not) usually puts it that they'd want to own their guns "by the law," if at all. Hmmm...Let's see, no permits needed to own or carry, no restrictions (other than mentally or physically incompetent & federal convicts) on ownership & restricted only by defensive or survival purposes...Gee, that sounds to me like this IS THE LAW!
Source: Bill of Rights, 2nd Amendment (bold emphasis added):

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What are all of the registrations, regulations, ballistics records, permits & all of that other horse-pockey for anyway but to infringe our Rights?

BTW thisguyrighthere, I love that Claire Wolfe quote in your sig...It "hits the nail right on the thumb." I usually reserve that particular phrase for stating the painfully obvious.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Can't stand the guy.

If you want a good read on what kind of guy Brian Schwietzer is, this is a good place to start

Here is what Schweitzer said in the speech about the three topics Hall cited:

• Allegations of trying to intimidate Republican poll watchers on Indian reservations. Schweitzer said Democrats wanted to make sure the residents of the state's seven Indian reservations voted because they are strong Democrats. He suggested that tribal police showed up at polling places and threatened to arrest Republican poll watchers on trumped-up charges.

Schweitzer said in his speech: "Then they said to them, 'People matching your description have been reported as having stolen a pickup about 30 miles (away). We only have one jail here and we don't have a phone here, and we've already got 11 people in the jail. Sometimes it takes two or three days to work these things out. So you either come with us in the back seat of our car or you can both get in the front seat of your car and we'll lead you off the reservation, and if we never see you again, you won't go to jail.' We didn't lose one single vote there."

Ah, but he was just joking. Right. There's plenty more in that article, too.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
all this crud, mccain will be the next president wether you vote for him or not. the powers at be want and will get mccain. the powers at be already started the ball rolling. acorn, voter fraud, one means to sway more votes to mccain. the bashing of, this will always be. you will see computer error. the news has already stated a typo error. so some will be this. im telling you your vote does not count here. listen, learn, watch what is going on before the election. wake up , america. we need to stand up, for what is
going on. we the people. not, we the elite, peace.
i hate to say it , but 2012 is comming and all you elite will go with it.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by estrip]

new topics

top topics

join