Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
reply to post by fmcanarney

Do you research anything at all???
I think so. Feelings coming through with three question marks.

You pay a FEDERAL INCOME TAX!
Yes I do, have been for thirty years. Emotions showing with all caps.

FEMA is a FEDERAL FUNDED PROGRAM..
Yes it is and staffed by humans not supernatural beings.

Therefore, they should have been there to help the people because the people pay the taxes that keep them going..
The Superdome was a refugee center of last resort, and people were told to bring their own supplies.
As the Guard pre stocked the dome with food and water for three days.

Wow, ignorance is bliss.
It could be bliss...but I would not know that. Why don't you tell me if it is, oops, you already did. An emotion/passion based jab at me here.

That is all I am going to say to you.
Ok, suit yourself. You could stand some toning down of the excess emotion.

If you still don't get it then you should take a break from ATS and try to catch up..
By the way, are you by chance voting for O____a?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I agree with your statement. This is the true reality.

People are becoming more and more dependant to the point were we need babysitters. It makes me sick. It time to toughen up and not rely on daddy "Big Government" to help you out.

Take care of youself.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The problem was that the Hurricaine came and went ...everyone thought it was over with ...they survived the storm ...I am sure no one even thought they needed to leave then ....now lets get to the levees breaking ...(thats a whole other story ) and remember some even told of EXPLOSIONS then water went everywhere ....hmmm do you suppose thats why they didnt let the people out of the Superdome that first day after the storm was over ? .....because they knew it wasnt over yet ..and they sure didnt want more people outside looting etc (which everyone knows that looting is going to occur no matter what) ...
And as far as the state local verses Gov ..dont you think that in this case it would have been OKAY for them to come in and at least DROP FOOD AND WATER OUT .....the first day even after the flooding ..
Thats what they are GUILTY OF in my opinion ..WILLINGLY watching PEOPLE go without food and water for DAYS >>...what kind of cold hearted people are they ..I would have been willing to BREAK THE LAW to get help to those people wouldnt you ? Some tried to and were turned away ..not to mention even when people started to walk out of there during the flooding .THEY WERE STOPPED on the roads out and told YOU CANT COME THROUGH here ..go back ....I mean oh my God ..they really did want them to stay there and die ....

Also why did those in the Superdome only get 1 MRE the whole time they were in that Superdome ? Why didnt they even get told what was going on ?
Why were they searched for lighters and then given matches in those MRE's ? That reporter asked that too ..So whats the deal there ? Anyone ?

Someone else brought up earlier ...They (The GOV) said they didnt hear about anything till the 4 or 5th day ..then how was it that they told that reporter that HOMELAND SECURITY WAS IN CHARGE ?? How could they have been in charge when they claim only State and Local could make decisions >>>???

And what were they doing there already ?? And already in charge ??

Just like 911 something really fishy about the whole ordeal ..and it stinketh to high heaven .....

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The Mayor of NO is to blame the most .
I for one lived through it and being from MS .
I crossed over to try and help along with my family .
PPL would shoot at the boats and scream racial comments .

A lot of ppl took advantage of the whole situation and to me that in the saddest part .

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

The Guard pre supplied the dome with enough supplies for three days of water and three days of food for 15,000 people.

Louisiana National Guard delivered three truckloads of water and seven truckloads of MREs (meals ready to eat), enough to supply 15,000 people for three days.

15,000 times three meals a day for three days equals 15,000 times 9 or a little under 150,000 MRE's (meals ready to eat)

There is a lot of packaging in an MRE and a lot of trash to dispose of when done eating them.

So that fact of all the food and water there, plus the fact that people were told to bring their own supplies, would mean that rescuing others in more dire cirrcumstances would be the first priority.

Seems logical to me. Authorities were probably told of how much water and food was at the dome and knew thousands would not die there.

Your odds of living through Katrina were better in the Dome than outside of the Dome.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Then why did the reporter say they were given just 1 mre the whole time they were in there ?

I know I sure will not put myself in the hands of Gov EVER if I can help it.(no one should because they just dont care about you ..that is pretty obvious) ..
I would have hitched out of town if I had to other than get stuck in that dome .
Even the Houston Dome was a disasterous mess ....

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I will say this, I can agree to disagree with you. You have made it clear that you think these people should have fended for themselves.. Got it. I believe that more relief should have been available regardless on what was given out before hand. If we can spare 700 billion dollars for the corporate scum on wall street then we surely could have done more in NO. As far as asking what my political standpoint is, that is off topic and I would not discuss politics with someone that can't understand basic human rights.. Now, if there is something else you have to add to this topic, I would love to hear it. I have no hard feelings towards you. The caps was used because I thought you were missing what I was trying to say. I do have strong feelings about NO and I do feel like they were treated less then human. I hope that cleared some things up for you.

Ex

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Definition of Refugee:
An exile who flees for safety

Definition of Exile:
Someone voluntarily living somewhere outside their home country

These are United States Citizens . Using the word Refugee
is so insulting.

Side note.... If they keep us arguing with ourselves,
we will never see what they are really doing! Divide and conquer !
The lines between rich and poor are being drawn in this country,
and I think most of us here, unless you own an oil well,
are at the bottom end of the food chain!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
pretty discusted at that vid....
bottom line is here that these people where left with no food or water for days! no matter if they were warned previously of the hurricane ect....your rightious government sat back and enjoyed their 3 course meals while watching humans suffer for days in front of their eyes

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Perhaps they should have delivered more food, water, med supplies.

Perhaps the powers that be assumed that there would be some discipline over the food and water in the Dome. They were wrong.
They assumed the citizens would bring their own supplies. They were wrong.
They assumed there were few "life threatening needs and situations" in the occupants of the Dome. They were wrong.

Gov and occupants of Dome assumed the levees would hold. Both were wrong.

The Dome occupants assumed the hurricane would affect reality of their life less than it did. They were wrong.
The Dome occupants assumed the Gov would provide immediate relief. They were wrong.
The occupants of the Dome assumed immediate rescue. They were wrong.

The whole event will go down as a disaster. I bet the storm caused more loss of life than the incorrect activity, or inactivity of the Gov.

Those who lived through this chapter in American History in the immediate area should become employed by FEMA so that this will never happen again. I hope you can get a job with FEMA to correct these future situations, if that is your inclination. One person can change a lot of things, why, look at the woman who began MADD.

Perhaps some psychotherapy would help as well, for the trauma must have been tremendously damaging. And currently fatiguing as well.

Those things said, I was in the Guard during this activity, though not deployed to Katrina.

Some soldiers in our unit volunteered to go, and I did not.

Do I have anything else to add to the topic. You decide and if not, put me on ignore. Otherwise I will continue to add my $0.02 whenever my passion dictates.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

But preliminary figures compiled by the morgue in St. Gabriel, Louisiana, which is the primary facility handling the bodies of Katrina deceased, show that a majority of the dead in New Orleans and surrounding parishes were actually not black.

Of the 883 bodies processed so far by medical examiners at St. Gabriel, 562 have been identified by race. Slightly less than half that number - 48 percent - are African-American. Forty-one percent are white, 8 percent unknown and 2 percent Hispanic. The surprisingly low death rate for black Katrina victims comes despite the fact that New Orleans itself was more than two-thirds black [67 percent] when the storm hit. White residents made up less than a third [28 percent] of the city's population, according to U.S. Census bureau numbers.

The remarkable numbers, which undermine claims that Katrina rescue efforts were somehow infused by racism, have been completely ignored by the national media, with only the Lousiana-based news web site, The Bayou Buzz, devoting any coverage at all to the story.

archive.newsmax.com...
www.dhh.louisiana.gov...

Hmmm....why would the media want to make it into a race issue? Why would they make it a point to IGNORE the actual death statistics? Tis a mystery.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Ahh but mystery is the spice of life, don't you think? how about the mystery of why certain folks of Meterie held the bridge at gunpoint while people were trying to flee the city thus preventing others from receiving help they so desperately needed..hmmm....yes quite a mystery -
...NOT...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Good post about the percentages of those dead.

I hope some of the dead were those shooting at helicopters and rescue boats.

That would complicate rescue efforts and tie up resources designed for rescue attempts if every single rescue boat and vehicle had to have armed personnel with them.

And surely some of the good people involved in rescue would refuse to make valid attempts if they were reports of people shooting at them or other rescuers.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Is there any real proof that they shot at helicopters ? How do we know that wasnt just something someone said so they could justify the taking away of everyones guns ?

I just find it really hard to believe that anyone who needed food and water (even bad guys) would shoot at someone who was trying to help save them ....

And again as another poster brought up a few posts up .which I already asked that question a few posts back ..Can anyone give a good answer for this one ..
Why did they ban people from leaving on the roads out and the bridges ?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I would never tell anyone that they can not take part in a thread. Nor do I use the ignore feature. You have your views, and I respect that. I am just asking for the same in return. Like I said, I have no bad feelings towards anyone for having a different take on any situation than I do. I do take part in a lot of charity orgs. I have raised money for Mothers Against Drunk Driving, The Teddy Bear foundation, worked in soup kitchens, ect. Unfortunately, at the time of Katrina, I was highly under informed and did not pay any attention to anything outside of my weekend escapades. If I did not have a 10 month old to care for, I would be there now. It was a very unfortunate situation all around. No matter how you view the events that took place in NO the days after Katrina, I think we can all agree that this is something that none of us would want to see in our life times again. I posted the video for two reasons. One, because I think the Mass Media only showed us what they wanted us to know. They sheltered us for the bitter state of NO regardless of who was wrong and who did what in that city. And second, because I think it is important for people to keep in mind and not forget about what took place. People have a tendency to forget and that is why history repeats its self time and time again. If we keep these events fresh in our minds (the pain of these people, the desperation, the death, the sick, the homeless) then hopefully we can prevent another Katrina. Have better response, better evacuations, better self preparation, ect. Thats all I am trying to say. I am sorry if you feel my views are "Liberal". I like to call them Humane.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I live in Houston Tx.We just had Ike come and destroy much of are coast and islands.They say 23 people died. We still have 200 people missing.I have seen piles of bodies and the news and the people in power act like everything is a ok. I am 39 years old and I am in shock a month after ike they are still lying to the people.I always thought the goverment was here to help us.Don't be fooled.The goverment is the worst enemy we have.They control the press.They are picking up the bodies transporting them in reefer trailers to funeral homes for cremation.these are Americans. This is not the home of the free.This is hell on earth.We are just numbers to the usa.I was proud to be american my whole life.when Katrina hit I thought the that they just got caught off guard.AFTER IKE I know this country just does not care about its people.I'f it makes the goverment look bad they just cover it up.This is the truth not heresay I have seen this with my own eyes as I go out to to refuel the reefer units on these trailers.I think when people die the family should have the right to give the a proper funeral.After what I have seen.I am in fear for my own life from the goverment.I have been told to keep my mouth shut.I was told anyone can become missing.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

The pain and suffering as shown by this video has caused my heart and spirit to weep. I do hope and pray that this may never happen again anywhere for it is a crime that help came so late.

I thank people like Brian that placed themselves in harms way to get the word out so help would come hopefully.

I am praying for those in Texas now that have lost everything for it is so sad the conditions they must endure.

We need to find ourselves inside our beings the good that those that won our freedom during WWII showed by their sacrifice for us in the future.

What can we do for all of our children? I hope we all dwell on this......all over the World so the destruction will quit.

Look around in the news to see how bad things are now......

Peace and Love for all.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

For years the Red Cross and other relief agencies have strongly advised citizens to always have a 72 hour emergency kit packed and ready in case of a disaster like Katrina. If these people had simply had a three day supply of bottled water, food, medications and sanitary supplies which easily fit inside a school size backpack, they would have been okay. I felt sorry for them but their suffering was mostly preventable....and yes, they should have left town like they were told, with their 72 hour kits in hand.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Is there any proof that a sheriff would not let people cross a bridge?
Is that just someone saying that to incite tension?

Police were asking residents to give up any firearms before they evacuated neighborhoods because officers desperately needed the firepower: Some officers who had been stranded on the roof of a hotel said they were shot at.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Medical evacuations from the Superdome stadium have been disrupted after a gun shot was fired at a rescue helicopter.

President George W Bush, who will visit the disaster area on Friday, called for "zero tolerance" against law-breakers.

Map of central New Orleans
His Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said more national guards were being sent in the next few days - more than quadrupling the number of security personnel in the city.

Hundreds or even thousands of people are feared to have drowned in New Orleans, where the hurricane struck on Monday.

The government has declared a public health emergency along the whole of the Gulf coast. In Mississippi, 110 people are confirmed dead, but officials warn the toll is expected to rise.

Suspending the helicopter rescues at the Superdome, a spokesman for the Louisiana ambulance service told the BBC the crowd had grown unruly and he was concerned for the safety of his staff.

Overnight, a national guard was shot outside the stadium, but he was not seriously injured, a National Guard officer said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

People have faced shoot-outs and some reports say martial law has been imposed in some areas. Armed gangs have moved into some hotels.

Some have been breaking into shops, houses, hospitals and office buildings.
news.bbc.co.uk...

[There are rescue workers risking their lives to save people trapped in their homes, and now these heroes and the survivors are in danger from armed looters

Jessica Marrero
New Orleans
/ex]

CNN.com - New Orleans shelters to be evacuated - Aug 31, 2005Aug 31, 2005 ... New Orleans resembled a war zone more than a modern American metropolis ... officer was shot and wounded when he surprised a looter Tuesday, ...

FOXNews.com - Official: Astrodome Can't Take More Refugees - U.S. ...But across New Orleans, the rescuers themselves came under attack from ... "We' re trying to deal with looters as ruthlessly as we can get our hands on them. ...

Text

Reuters has what appears to be an even later version (or here) of the story:

"New Orleans police killed four looters who had opened fire on them on Sunday as rescue teams scoured homes and toxic waters flooding streets to find survivors and recover thousands of bloated corpses.

A fifth looter was in critical condition but no more details were available about the incident in a city where authorities are slowly regaining control after a wave of looting, murders and rapes in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

'Five men who were looting exchanged gunfire with police. The officers engaged the looters when they were fired upon,' said New Orleans superintendent of police, Steven Nichols.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I went through Katrina in an attic in mississippi with my family. I felt many of the same things reported on here. it was day threee when things got desperate. we were hungry dirty & tired. I had to get my family out. I was lucky to find a friend with a running vehicle. 9 of us piled in an suv & got out of town. I've typed my story many times on different threads, but just wanted to say thanks for getting this story out there.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join