Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TARBOX
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Just goes to show that there really are some people on this planet that don't care at all about others.

I never said I don't care about people at all but if you're faced with a situation such as Katrina and are warned before hand and don't take the needed steps to secure your safety then no I can't and won't feel bad for you. The elderly that were left behind and died is saddening of course but I saw many people able-bodied enough to leave. If they were able-bodied enough to loot they were able-bodied enough to get themselves out.

As for laughing at the people on their roofs. Yes, I thought it was damn funny. Sat on their roof for four days? And they never thought to make a grab for things floating by to fashion a raft and save themselves? Still brings a smile to my face. I would have gave up on rescue after the first night and rescued myself. Never rely on someone else to get you out of something you got yourself into.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

Um. this is ATS. I'm looking outside the box everyday.It's what we do here. No I don't have compassion for people that had ample time to prepare themselves for this and chose not to.Get off the racist crap already there was more than just black people stuck there or did you not notice? Inhumane? If they had left or prepared themselves it wouldn't have been inhumane as you say. Hopefully those that lived through it and still reside there have learned a valuable lesson and next time will get their asses out of dodge.

And I do call myself an American and am very proud to say so. How am I un American because I didn't feel sorry for those that stayed?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Does that include the elderly, handicapped, people with no automobiles, and the people that chose to stay behind to help and protect the people I just listed? Not everyone that was there just decided to stay for fun.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

No the elderly not being evacuated before hand is indeed a sad thing and I feel that if no effort was made to get the elderly out there should be an investigation and those found guilty of standing by should be punished by hanging. They caused lost life they should lose theirs for it. If you were able to walk then you were able to get out if you wanted. I'm not completely heartless but I don't find any sad feelings within me for those that 1. didn't prepare, and 2. those that could have left and didn't.
If I put myself in a situation like that I wouldn't want one dollar of my fellow American's tax dollars spent rescuing my sorry butt if I was able to avoid being put in need of rescue.

You want to know the people I felt sad for? The children who's idiot parents didn't get them out of there, and the old lady that the big dude took down to the floor in her kitchen. Have you seen the video for that? That woman I respect. She had plenty of supplies and a weapon to defend herself from marauders. She was prepared. Every person that stayed behind could have followed this lady's example.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The Response to Katrina is why I woke up and realized what a DEMON George Bush is.
I am not that religious, but if there are any demons on earth, GWB has got to be their leader.
This is so unreal, yet it was.. What a world we live in.............

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
There is another story here that the hug a thugs seem to overlook. We here in TX took in tens of thousands of these people and they repaid us with robbery, murder, and more drug dealing. It was like Houston was one big nasty ghetto. it took a couple years to get them the hell out of here, once they realized they were not getting a free ride from TX.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I visited New Orleans before Katrina and most people don't understand how poor some of the people are that lived in New Orleans. They make minimum wage. Seriously I was shocked. Don't get me wrong the people of New Orleans are the sweetest, nicest and most fun people, but they don't have much money. Without transportation walking would've been the next best thing after the buses were all filled.

As poor as these people were and still are they are still Americans that pay taxes. Our government should have helped them promptly. As for those who feel like the Katrina victims brought their problems on themselves should ask the government how they easily can pay for the war on terror and Bailout of Rich assholes?!

Seriously some people in America are very poor. They don't have cars or the latest tech toys and they live off of minimum wage. I didn't understand this fully until I went to New Orleans. Oh and New Orleans is just as fun as Las Vegas! Can't wait till it's back to normal!

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Teeky]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm not afraid to admit it but I really cried hard after seeing this.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Is it possible someone can find this video on youtube and send a link. I am currently deployed in Iraq and tried to watch this only to find out it is "blocked" here in Iraq. I wonder why. Maybe because we as soldiers are suppose to live in a small brainwashed bubble and not seek truth.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
George Bush, FIMA and the mayor of the town, Hang your f*****g head in shame.

Awfull.

And we hear stories of CEO's of major banks getting £$Millions as the rest struggle.

the world is gone, its not the same, the Mafie, the chosen few are in charge. This is NOT the way it was intended to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The reason things got so bad and the reason we've failed to learn any lesson at all is clearly evident in some of the responses in this thread. The culture of indifference and selfishness combined with people who just have a pile of steaming garbage for souls is why those people sat there for days with no help.

There's no excuse. None. If you think everyone had the ability to stock up on supplies or to get out you're just wrong, period.

It's really easy for some people to sit back and say I have the resources, it's the brown people's own fault, their lives are worth less than mine and all that other demonic bull# being preached by various people in the media. The fact some of you can actually justify that attitude just shows how far our society has slipped.

You look down on them for being poor. I'd rather be poor than be a complete piece of crap of a human being. That's what it comes down to, some of you are just worthless in spirit and devoid of any redeeming qualities as a member of this society.

Your prejudices and sociopathic qualities shine through your posts just fine. It's no surprise given who your influences and media heroes are. Now I understand how it was possible for people to follow a man like Hitler. It really all makes sense now.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by nfotech]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
The reason things got so bad and the reason we've failed to learn any lesson at all is clearly evident in some of the responses in this thread. The culture of indifference and selfishness combined with people who just have a pile of steaming garbage for souls is why those people sat there for days with no help.

So because I believe those that had the ability to leave and chose to stay shouldn't be pitied means I have a pile of steaming garbage for a soul? I don't see anything selfish about thinking people should face the consequences of their actions.

There's no excuse. None. If you think everyone had the ability to stock up on supplies or to get out you're just wrong, period.

Not everyone had the resources to get supplies but, I saw many able to walk around to loot. They had enough strength to carry their spoils so yes they were able to get out.

It's really easy for some people to sit back and say I have the resources, it's the brown people's own fault, their lives are worth less than mine and all that other demonic bull# being preached by various people in the media. The fact some of you can actually justify that attitude just shows how far our society has slipped.

Again with the race crap.Who ever said anything about it being brown people's fault? I saw several different races.

Who in the media preaches demonic BS? Only one I can think of is Pat Robertson and I don't watch much T.V. and definitely don't watch that dude.

You look down on them for being poor. I'd rather be poor than be a complete piece of crap of a human being. That's what it comes down to, some of you are just worthless in spirit and devoid of any redeeming qualities as a member of this society.

Don't even talk to me about being poor. I watched my mother go hungry many times so me and my siblings had enough to eat. Or watching her sell our car for 500 dollars when it was worth far more just to keep from being evicted. I grew up very very poor so it has nothing to do with being poor. And I'm a far better member of society than those looters.

Your prejudices and sociopathic qualities shine through your posts just fine. It's no surprise given who your influences and media heroes are. Now I understand how it was possible for people to follow a man like Hitler. It really all makes sense now.

Prejudice, no. Sociopathic I can live with. I have no influences to speak of and I damn well don't have any media heroes.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

can i find this video somewhere else? because i'm from another country cant get access. Thank you in advance! ....and sorry for my bad english

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
We here in TX took in tens of thousands of these people and they repaid us with robbery, murder, and more drug dealing.

Yeah, Atlanta got a fair share too and the crime rates skyrocketed in areas where the Katrina refugees settled.

Sure the government messed up big time. No doubt about it. But the mess that resulted was also due to the masses of ferral angry vicious humans that live and thrived there.

When the tsunami wiped out huge parts of asia there was some looting in the aftermath because people were starving and desperate. However the did NOT just start raping, robbing and killing everyone who looked like an easy target.

In New Orleans they DID! The reporter in this story went out of his way to show pictures of grandmothers and kids and portray the masses as just innocent victims, however he clearly stated they had to get OUT because they were NOT heavily armed and that meant they could expect to be robbed or killed.

That does NOT happen everywhere and everytime there is a huge disaster and people are hungry/thirsty. There are many cultures that have lots of poor people, however those people do NOT turn into sadistic monsters at the first opportunity! Many societies would NOT have murderers and violent thugs immediately running the streets and making decent people hide in fear of their lives.

The people that act like that behavior is "normal", and that being poor is an excuse for having absolutely NO morals or empathy for other humans whatsoever are part of the problem.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
TKain: I agree with you on a few things here. Your first post had me extremely angry, then after your second I can understand your perspective.

We still can not let compassion escape us, for those who were victims, deserved to be rescued regardless of their reasons for staying. I don't care to entertain the notion that I would have a made a better decision being that I haven't walked in their shoes.

Yes, the looting of department stores for tv's, shoes, and other merchandise angered me. Looting for food, water, medication, diapers, and things of immediate survival is something that would definitely not be beneath me should I find myself with nothing. I cannot blame those who broke into stores for necessities. Our human instinct is to survive...

Many people listen to and respond to authority. They may not have thought for themselves. They did not believe their lives were as endangered. Mayor Nagin SHOULD have done everything that he did when Gustav was coming.

I think the major thing here is this, Katrina in all of it's horrific tragedy must serve as a painful lesson that we absolutely CAN NOT rely on the government to rescue us. That we must rescue ourselves. I will agree 100% with you there. We all should look at the failure of the Superdome, and realize that rapes were occuring, when the lights went out. And who wants to believe another human being could be capable of such an act in the middle of a crisis? But it happened. For this, I don't want the government's hand in my life.

Now here we are facing this crisis, and it's a matter of time before we see more food shortages, prices going higher, and people having less. Will people sit around and just discuss it, or will we be out stocking up as much as possible before there's really no one else to rely on but government showing up with MRE's for the populace?

I was stuck in a situation where my city flooded one year, and no one knew what to do. This was back in the early 90's. I remember those long, long lines waiting at the water truck in 100 degree heat, for my 3 gallon a day allowance., while people around me started getting angry and overheated. There was fights due to line jumpers. Never again if I can help it.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Asherah]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is one of the problems with our country! Where does it say in the Constitution that it is the State's (Government) job to protect you from natural disasters? Everyone feels they are entitled to be saved by others. Guess what, New Orleans was built below sea level. The people should use common sense and move to higher ground.
I'm sick of hearing about how the government should have done this or that for these people. Let me ask you something, how much money and actual help have you given to these people?
Yes, the situation was sad. Yes, help was needed. Blaming others for not helping or rescuing people fast enough is crazy. Why didn't Brian Williams offer some of his food to the starving people?
No, I'm not a Bush supporter. I voted for the Constitutional Party in 2004, and I'll vote the same in 08, unless I write in Ron Paul.
This is a perfect story to emphasize self reliance. People need to be able to help themselves from man made or natural disasters. It's not the Governments job to save you!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I wasn't picking you out individually but apparently my post spoke to you.

The actions of the criminals have no bearing what so ever on the fact that people were abandoned and left to die. I haven't been able to find another example of FEMA failing to do it's tax payer funded job prior to Katrina.

It's a fact that only after the members of the media began confronting the government did the assistance start arriving. Are you telling me you aren't aware of the people who were turned back at gunpoint trying to leave the city or how FEMA sent truckloads of food and water from Walmart and other donors away?

It's a sad fact that race and poverty had everything to do with it.

When do we as a society start owning up to the fact that when we treat people like disposable garbage they react by living up to our expectations? It's very easy to ignore those people and tell them to pull themselves up when we're white and educated. I've overcome a lot in my life and risen to a level of income none of my ancestors had or would have ever dreamed of but that doesn't make me feel like anyone who can't do the same is worth less than me.

There has to be poverty for our system to work. The working poor are the backbone of our society, without which the middle and upper class could not exist. No one wants to take on that responsibility, however.

I heard people like Rush Limbaugh and O Reilly and way too many others try to place the blame on the mayor, the governor and especially the victims themselves.

I know you don't get this but when you and others post your contempt for the looters and those who took advantage of the system what you're really saying is all those poor people, especially those poor black people deserved to starve because some of them were criminals. None of that excuses the fact that our fellow Americans were abandoned and ignored while certain people sat on their well fed asses and told us all to excuse it by using racial and class prejudices.

I've got news for you. The people at the top, those in the government who felt they could get away with allowing those poor people to die don't give a damn about any of you either. If they think they can get away with it they'll do the same to any of you.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I cant believe some of the replies on here, suggesting in some way it was the fault of the 30000 + people.

Do the people who leave these replies truly understand the concept of poverty?

I seriously hope my post did not come across that way.

I grew up poor, and right now I would consider my family sitting right above poverty line. We live pay check to pay check. We barely cover our expenses and have zero health care insurance.

If you would have spoken to me pre-Katrina, I wouldn't have been one for emergency prepared-ness. Not even after 9/11, did the idea cross my mind to really start those survival packs. I was ignorant to it.

Ever since 2004, we take a little money no matter how small the amount and put it right back and don't touch it. When we grocery shop, we buy an extra can or two of this or that. We started emergency packs with first aid, medication/herbs, etc. It is amazing how much a person of little means can acquire with time and determination. I can only hope we are as prepared as possible. I'm sure that not all my bases are covered.

I only hope to discuss this in a respectful way toward the Katrina victims, since I certainly do not blame them. I think more than anything I understand where they were coming from.

I would have definitely been that person who had just paid their rent, without a way out of town, and very little in the pantry. It's just a fact that I can be honest about.

It is a failure on the state and federal level of government to not emphasize the importance of emergency preparedness, and make certain all citizens have a plan, regardless of income.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Asherah]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join