It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I agree. Went through Katrina. Whole town destroyed in MS. Anyone who has lived here more than one day hears hurricane stories and what you have to do to prepare.

Sorry, some of the people didn't even try to have basic supplies.

Every year in NO a film runs detailing what would happen if a hurricane hits the city. Every year it's talked about. Every year you are told to prepare.

The blame lies with local govt., then state. They dropped the ball first. They had buses to get people out and didn't. If we depend only on the federal government, we are in big trouble. Thank you

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
simplynoone:
this is a quote from your most recent post: So let me get that straight ..a predominately WHITE TOWN ASSUMES that all of those predominately BLACK PEOPLES who were running into their town to GET AWAY FROM THE MASSIVE CHAOS ...were all LOOTERS AND ROBBERS ETC .And that they chose to watch them all die rather than to even TRY and help them right >?
Now how many of the people walking on the bridge died??? ALL of them??
Look, the hysterical exaggeration is bordering on deciet from this comment of yours. So towns people, by not letting NO residents cross the bridge WATCHED ALL OF THEM DIE???

You do not make any sense, that is an irrational, dishonest, preemptive environmentally superfluous remark.

edited for grammar

[edit on 15-10-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

heh heh. you said superfluity.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fmcanarney
simplynoone:...And that they chose to watch them all die rather than to even TRY and help them right >?

Yeah, a bit over the top. Obviously simplynoone has never actually ever BEEN to New Orleans, or Detroit, or the extremely "urban" areas of some other large U.S. cities. She/he should really take that passion and visit, walk around the neighborhoods, fully absorb the "vibe", especially when walking after dark.

Having lots of passionate feelings about places you have never been is one thing, having KNOWLEDGE is another.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

No more pretenses, it was the democrats from the chocolate city that were the problem.

Call me a racist, I really do not care. Its my observation that 99% of the problem for crime is them, we all know it, none of you are willing or able to admit or say it, well I am.

Every camera shot about looting from every source I could find showed only 1 maybe 2 white people, hell even democrat cops were stealing from walmart. I know, the democrats are all poor, thats because they keep voting democrat.

When you think you are entitled to something you are not, you are a democrat. Democrats think the government is there to provide them with everything. Wrong.

So because you are a democrat, you must believe that George Bush is the devil and "George Bush dont like black peepo"(Kanye Democrat West) Government does not=handout or at least it shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

You still do not get it on taxes do you? Your taxes do not pay for government services except to the military to help the governement protect you from agression both foriegn and domestic in nature. These may be of the following: Terrorist homegrown(william Aryes, obamas buddy), invading militaries(mexican army crossing our borer) and any and all attacks from outside our borders.

That is where the money should go via the constitution of the US. Instead the democrats want the government to run your life from birth til death. If you own a home, you pay property taxes, local government takes that money to provide you with services, not the fed.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Prepared for a metor to hit my house or general location? The answer really depends on the size, is it a planet killer or will it just destroy most of civilization as we know it?

First off, your anology was ignorant and should be denied. I am prepared for almost any problem manmade or otherwise, I have something most people lack, that is survival knowledge and skills. I have tools to help me survive and the best tool i have is my brain. Something these democrats are lacking.

I have won this arguement because I have brought something democrats always forget to bring, that is knowledge and truth. The looting democrats do not care about anyone but themselves and they are greedy, thus the looting mentality. They were not looting food and water, they were looting 15 pairs of Nike's, Plasma TV's, Liquor by the caseload and whatever else was not nailed down, hell they even took a pallet-jack to help them carry all their booty.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AmethystWolf

Thats because the people in qualcom stadium were not deficating on the walls and looting, they acted in a calm manner and didnt rely on big gov to help them. Those people lost just as much or even more, yet they were still rational...hmmm I wonder what the difference could be?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Defense and security: In 2007, some 22 percent of the budget, or $590 billion, went to pay for defense, homeland security, and security-related international activities. While roughly $125 billion went to support operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, the bulk of the spending in this category reflects the underlying costs of the Department of Defense and other security-related activities.

www.cbpp.org...

On March 1, 2003, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) became part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The primary mission of the Federal Emergency Management Agency is to reduce the loss of life and property and protect the Nation from all hazards, including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters, by leading and supporting the Nation in a risk-based, comprehensive emergency management system of preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation.

www.fema.gov...

So.. If Homeland Security is something we pay for with Federal Income Tax, and FEMA is a part of Homeland Security then how exactly do we NOT pay for FEMA with our taxes???

You were saying..

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Ok maybe you have a point ..
I was really just commenting on how that article sounded (As in what they are really saying and how it came across at least in my opinion )

An example .a raging wife beater is chasing his wife down the street .
The wife knocks on doors saying HELP ME HELP ME ...they do not open the door because they are afraid of what COULD happen to them if they let her in .So they do not answer that wifes pleas because of their own selfishness in trying to just protect themselves ...she ends up dead ..because they did not want to get involved and risk their own life to save another ..
I have been in those shoes ..and someone did answer the door and called the police and saved my LIFE >>>.The wife beater banged on their door ..he even had a gun ...and yet they still risked their life to help save me .
The wife beater did not go away till the police came ..(it was intense) but God protected them only because they did risk their own life to save me.(In my opinion anyway)
It worked out (Thank GOD)

[edit on 17-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

You are still not paying directly for a service, you money is allocated by congress.

FEMA is there to provide logistical support, it is not their job to be first responders in anyway shape or form. Governers must call on FEMA before they can do anything, then each local gov must tell FEMA what they need, FEMA pays for the goods and the governer must call on the guard to distribute those goods.

The military cannot just march into any state it wishes, the governer must approve of it beforehand no matter how bad the disaster is. You had 2 democrats running the state and the chocolate city, they are both to blame from the begining.

Lets look at every Democrat run major city or state. Look at detroit, poor, falling apart mayor in jail, look at chicago's south and west side, run down, burned out buildings, poor, massive gun killings. NO, same thing democrats controlling anything, it eventually collapses. Gary Indiana, need I say more?

[edit on 17-10-2008 by stinkhorn]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am not talking about who tells fema to go where, I am simply clearing the topic of weather or not fema is funded by taxpayers.. They are. If a part of Fed. Income tax pays for the Department of Homeland Security, and FEMA operates under the DHS, then that means that they are also partly funded by the taxes. I think more should have been done. I don't care WHO gives orders for relief, I just want to know why it wasn't done. You are right that FEMA gets orders to go to the areas of disaster. I am just simply saying that taxpayers should have gotten the relief that they pay for through taxes... Thats all. Yes, they did get SOME relief, but I don't think it was enough. Thats my opinion, and thats non negotiable.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Well, actually, these poor people pay no taxes at all, so maybe they should get no help at all. That is the democrat system, they dont pay any taxes at all, yet they get the most from government. While I pay the most taxes and get very little to none in the form of federal services.

Maybe everyone should pay fairly across the board, a flat tax if you will.

Ask Naggins why he waited, ask the former governer why they waited, I think its because they thought the people would act better that they did, they thought they would remain civil, big mistake on their part.

[edit on 17-10-2008 by stinkhorn]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

Of course there were people there that don't pay taxes.. Thats a given. But you know there were a lot of people there that do pay taxes. Even if they worked at Burger King, they still paid into it. Its unfortunate that we base who gets assistance on who has money. If they had money, they would have had a car and a way out IMO. Thats not to say that ALL homeless people are not at fault for being that way. Some just don't give a sh*t and don't try to help themselves. But there are a lot that I feel for. How can I not?? Its the mom in me I think. I don't like seeing children hungry, cold, and sick. It kills me.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

If someone works at BK, they may have taxes withheld, but they get a full refund, plus more through the EITC.

They dont pay any form of income taxes.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nothing really wrong with that video at all.

Thats what happens when people abandon personal responsibility and rely on government to take care of them.

Hopefully at least a few of those people learned something from that experience and wont let themselves be put in that situation again.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

I didn't know that.. Then again, I never worked at Burger king or anything like that so.. All I know is if I am in the middle of a disaster, and I payed into something.. They better provide that ish
After Charlie, we were extremely pleased with the support we received. We did not go hungry, we didn't go thirsty at all, ect. I just don't get why NO didn't get the same treatment.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

NO is a city filled with welfare junkies.

You didnt know low income earners dont pay taxes?

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Constitutional Scholar

They get paid to not work and to keep voting democrat, the democrats will continue to bash republicans because they might actually change their way of life for once.

You cannot rob from the rich and give to the poor, the rich earned their money, they work hard to keep it and grow it. The poor get free money and never have to work, why give up the gravy train?

obarry said he wanted to distribute the wealth, that is nothing but marxism.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join