It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Thanks so much for all these vids. Hard to watch is about the nicest way I could put it myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The majority of survivors were at the dome or other refuge areas. There was plenty of water and food at those sites. If martial law was in effect, then those running around on the streets were assumed to be ignoring the order. And assumed to be looters. Why would you drop water to looters?
Yes there were exceptions, most homeowners were on the tops of their homes or elevated buildings and were given water. These were the first rescued due to food and water being at the refugee centers.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Very rarely have I ever starred a post from you dad. Actually, come to think of it, this is the first.

What people aren't getting (the ones getting pissed at you for your first statement) is that you aren't saying it wasn't bad. You are simply trying to tell these people to look at the real issues. Although I agree that the mayor and governor are to blame for a good majority of this, it was a FEDERAL emergency as well and that is supposedly what FEMA was established for. They failed miserably along with the state government.

Blame it on Bush? I can't see that either.

The point is, you are not being insensitive and people need to step back and see what you are really trying to say here.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Did you watch the Video I just posted ? They said on the Video even that Wal Mart trucks were turned away they were told they had plenty of water etc .. ..Geraldo asked the same thing .>Where is food and water for these people (At the Dome) 6 Days into that fiasco ....

6 DAYS .........why did it take 6 DAYS ? NO REASONS ON EARTH can justify that ..NONE ...
Dang this upsets me to even think about it again ..I was so upset then that I cried for days ...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To forcefully state over and over that "no food or water" was dropped or provided is not truthful, realistic, rational, or honest.

To state that this was a disaster that was not planned for very sufficiently is genuine.

To state that people were treated below the standards set for humane treatment of amimals is disingenuous.

The conditions in NO after the hurricane were harsh and deplorable.

No one, it has been stated, should have to live through that again.
They WON'T if they MOVE.

Several hurricanes happen on earth every year.
Several hundred tornadoes as well.
When was the last time a meteorite hit the earth.
That comparison, not only is mundane and venal, it sheds a spotlight on the thinking process of the author.

There will never be enough facts to convince emotion based reasoning of reality.

FEMA will probably let you read their policies and procedures, which if you did you could point out their errors of thinking and planning, so this never happens again.

If you do not like what you have been getting then dont keep doing what you have been doing. That is a definition of insanity. Doing the same thing expecting different results.

Don't like tornadoes, dont move to or live in Kansas. Dont like hurricanes or the consequences of same then dont move to or live on the gulf coast.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by fmcanarney]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The national guard was AT THE dome. They had 360,000 liters of bottled water and 300,000 MRE.

They rationed them out to the residents of the dome, one quart/liter of water and one MRE per day. One MRE has 1300 calories.

30,000 people divided into 300,000 MRE is enough food and water for TEN days.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok FM ...thats all your opinion ..and I have mine ..we are both entitled to them.
No hard feelings ..really ..

I am just upset at the lack of feelings from our Gov for their own peoples .(ALL OF US IN AMERICA) .....We are all so expendable to them ...it is so ungodly....and so horrific thinking that this could happen to people in our country ...you expect that in third world countrys with their horrible leaders ..but you sure dont expect it to have happened here ..we were supposed to be different (at least thats what I was sure hopeing) ......

What happened to those Gov officials to have gotten so cold ? And non careing.
Did you see Bush smirking in that Video when he was explaining things to that reporter ...I mean SHEESHH ...I would have been crying (Real tears even) and would not be able to even do the interview if it was me they interviewed (President or not) ...he acted like it was no biggie and almost acted like he got some kind of kick out of it at that interview ..(With his smirk and all) ....

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
By the way, the Army changed their supply policies a few years ago from the old policy of "just in case" to the new policy of "just in time".

Just in case means that you over supply everyone just in case they need it, grenades, fuel, food, ammunition.

Just in time means you give everyone only what they need and resupply them with grenades, food, fuel, ammunition just in time right before they run out.

No one was concerned about the survivors at the dome because they had food and water for 30,000 people for TEN days. They were all recovered prior to ten days.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yes, Simplynoone,
we agree on whether the FEMA was up to snuff to handle a disaster of this magnitude. They weren't, and never will ever be.

We disagree that there was food and water at the dome. I read a post saying there was food and water. A Colonel I believe quoted about it.

We agree that no one should live through this again, you by requiring the Gov. to have the power of Almighty God, me by simply having those so inclined to MOVE.

You look at videos and cry, I instead reason that while what happened is tragic, it for the most part, could not have been averted.

The GOV told people, for five days, they were in harms way and to leave.
Those people ignored the warnings.

Those same people whine and bellyache that the GOV. needs to immediately solve the consequences of their poor decisions.

Too bad the Almighty GOV cannot predict the route and the severity of a tornado five or more days in advance.
People in Kansas would love the five day warning instead of the usual five minutes.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
For the record I do remember hearing that they blocked the main road out. And I believe it! The people in the surrounding areas were ALSO suffering and they KNEW EXACTLY what was coming out of New Orleans. Perhaps many of the posters in this thread have no clue but trust me the people living around New Orleans know.

The surrounding towns supposedly had a run on the sporting good shops as their citizens stocked up on guns and ammunition. Some of the convicts had been lost as well, to so they knew darn well what dangerous elements could/would be coming their way.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
omg i cant believe the government did this why did they do it and what else did they do that we dont know

if they can do this then nothing will stop them doing anything to us do you think they want us all to be slaves or something or are they just following orders from WHO????????

can it be aliens at area 51 that are giving the orders or maybe they are the illuminati who are also probably there if you can believe some stuff that has been secret but has been released

what else can they do maybe more floods and what about wildfires that burn everything MAYBE these are also the governmenrt doing stuff

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. And kudos to Brian Williams for this commentary. The real tragedy wasn't Hurricane Katrina, it was our government's response.

I really appreciated what Brian Williams said about how if we come out of this crisis and don't have a national conversation on race, class, petroleum, the environment then we the news media will have failed by not keeping people's feet to the fire. I wish those feet had been held to the fire. I'm afraid they did fail cause I haven't heard such a national conversation...

When the California Wildfires happened in 2007, I was struck by the differences in how the people in Qualcomm Stadium were taken care of vs how the people of New Orleans were treated at the Superdome.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by AmethystWolf]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AmethystWolf

Even the people in New York were at least allowed to walk out of town across the bridge to get away from what was happening in New York .

NO people did not have that choice once they were stuck there ....
the VIDEOs I posted on the last page before this one ..tells about how they would not even let anyone walk out 6 DAYS later even ....for 6 DAYS they were held in that town (everyone was) ....AFTER the floods and the Hurricaine.

Also Texans were not only allowed to leave during IKE and after Ike ..some actually had to be FORCED OUT afterwards...So why wasnt the people of NO allowed out ? AFTER the flooding ?

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimplynooneSo why wasnt the people of NO allowed out ? AFTER the flooding ?

Because they knew if THOUSANDS of desperate, angry, often criminal people from New Orleans came into their small town and they could NOT FEED and SUPPORT them they would have a huge problem on their hands. Their towns would be destroyed too!

Anyone that has ever visited New Orleans learns very fast they clearly tell the tourists "Do not leave the French Quarter after dark". Period. That is a small, historic area of town, if you go outside of the quarter you are in trouble and you will most likely be robbed. I do not mean "maybe" I mean if you walk around in the surrounding areas after dark you will MOST LIKELY be robbed, or worse. It is a VERY HIGH CRIME, dangerous area. The guide books and sites also tell tourists NOT to wander around the cemeteries and other areas in the DAYTIME because it is risky to walk around in small numbers.

Some of the posters in this thread REALLY need to travel a bit and discover what parts of the U.S. are really like. Even during the BEST of times many parts of New Orleans are quite dangerous.

If any of the posters here from New Orleans want to comment on THAT I would love to hear their views. It is true and they know it!

A Louisiana police chief has admitted that he ordered his officers to block a bridge over the Mississippi river and force escaping evacuees back into the chaos and danger of New Orleans. Witnesses said the officers fired their guns above the heads of the terrified people to drive them back and "protect" their own suburbs.

Gretna is a predominantly white suburban town of around 18,000 inhabitants. In the aftermath of Katrina, three quarters of the inhabitants still had electricity and running water. But, Chief Lawson told UPI news agency: "There was no food, water or shelter in Gretna City. We did not have the wherewithal to deal with these people. If we had opened the bridge our city would have looked like New Orleans does now - looted, burned and pillaged."

www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Spike Lee made a documentary about Katrina and New Orleans called "When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts"

It talks about what happens before,during and after Katrina hits New Orleans.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

I can't live in the place where I grew up, where I went to school, where my best friends are, where my family is. The economy is too poor. So we live where there are jobs.So I go back and visit once in a while.

No one is obligated to make sure everyone gets to live where they want too.

And comparing a meteor strike is comparing apples and oranges. Because basically everyone is SOL on that one. There isn't much of a choice where to go.

I only live a light hurricane area, and we are prepared. I am no saying people can't live there. But if you decide to live in a hurricane bowl, have the common sense to be prepared and have a plan.

Like I said, the majority of people left behind were elderly. and the majority of them had a way out.
The theory is that most of them were around when Camille hit. Camille was a much bigger storm then katrina, (there was another storm too but I can't remember the name) but didn't do nearly the damage.
the big difference here is that all the wetland that protect the gulf have been developed or eroded away.
Making Katrina more destructive then necessary.
So they thought there wasn't a reason to leave.Not knowing the state sold them out to developers.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Like I said, the majority of people left behind were elderly. and the majority of them had a way out. So they thought there wasn't a reason to leave.Not knowing the state sold them out to developers.

Yes the majority that died were certainly elderly. But seriously if anyone has elderly relatives that they know well, elderly people have a tendency to "stay put". Yes they lived out many hurricanes before, and that gave them reason to believe it would be okay. In addition they don't want to leave their homes and their daily routines. It's an elderly mindset thing.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

At some point you have to learn to survive, there is a certain percentage of the population that can not do anything without governmnet help and that is sad. i agree there shouild have been better aid giving to those people but at some point you need to try and get out of there not just sit there and die.

I see they also did not show the people shootting at the helicopters or say anything about the women getting raped in the Super Dome or Convention Center did they. This video did not show half of the tragedy that really happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
[A Louisiana police chief has admitted that he ordered his officers to block a bridge over the Mississippi river and force escaping evacuees back into the chaos and danger of New Orleans. Witnesses said the officers fired their guns above the heads of the terrified people to drive them back and "protect" their own suburbs.]

So that very well could have been the reason for all the CHAOS ..SHOTS FIRED ABOVE PEOPLES HEADS as they are TRYING TO GET OUT OF DODGE before chit gets really bad is reason for PANIC if you ask me ..And more than likely was the reason so many went NUTS like they did ..Sounds to me like it was the cops who stirred the pot by firing guns off .it incited a riot as it would have caused a total chaos situation in any town where something like this takes place ...

[Gretna is a predominantly white suburban town of around 18,000 inhabitants. In the aftermath of Katrina, three quarters of the inhabitants still had electricity and running water. But, Chief Lawson told UPI news agency: "There was no food, water or shelter in Gretna City. We did not have the wherewithal to deal with these people. If we had opened the bridge our city would have looked like New Orleans does now - looted, burned and pillaged."]

So let me get that straight ..a predominately WHITE TOWN ASSUMES that all of those predominately BLACK PEOPLES who were running into their town to GET AWAY FROM THE MASSIVE CHAOS ...were all LOOTERS AND ROBBERS ETC .And that they chose to watch them all die rather than to even TRY and help them right >?

So ok I now know that those people are also to BLAME for those peoples deaths and will be held accountable to God for that .
What if something was happening like this in their town and they were fleeing to NO and they were TURNED AWAY >.I wonder how they would feel.

Why cant people PUT THEMSELVES in someone elses shoes and say hey ..what would I want them to do for me If I was in THEIR SHOES>.

See now that even makes me madder about this whole mess...
I need to stay outta this thread lol ...

I want you to know that I am not directing this towards you .it is towards those who DID THIS .....and I do appreciate that link ..

I still see no justifiable reason for any of what happened there that whole week ...And all who took part in not doing something to help or even those who turned their backs on people in need will be held accountable someday.
Not to mention ..What goes around comes around ..So make sure what went around is something you hope will come back when IT IS YOU that is in that same position ...(This is to all of you who took part in that mess or did the VERY WORST THING you could do like turn those people away when they ran to your town for help ) >.........this is to that TOWN .....I WOULD NEVER LIVE IN YOUR TOWN ...because you would turn away those of your own townspeople then if chit ever hits the fan IN YOUR TOWN ...you proved that by your actions with those people ..What If I was one of those people at that time ..then in doing it to them YOU DID IT TO ME TOO ..
Because we as a human race are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER .....

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Everyone involved in Katrina was at fault and lessons will hopefully be learned from it. The people should have left the area when told to. The government could of been faster at getting food and water to the survivors and taking care of the injured or dead. Living that low below sea level with a Hurricane coming right at you should of been enough to say" I'm out of here". Looters took advantage and took more than just food. Police officers didn't come back to uphold the law. This was a teaching from Katrina and they were students of a disaster that took life. It wasn't pretty but we can't go back and change it now. Hopefully everyone will leave next time a huge hurricane comes barreling their way.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join