It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina EXPOSED! Must Watch! This makes me sick!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by corusso

I wish more people would share their stories. I am really getting sick of hearing people that have never had to deal with such devastation blame the victims for not "just leavin'." It is insane to think that every single person could have just up and left so easily but aside from that, what do people in NY even know about such thing? Far too many people here seem to be real quick to explain how wonderfully they would get through a situation they will never be faced with.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

It turned my stomach too...then made it knot up. I cried as I watched...deeply saddened by their suffering and outraged at the lack of help they received.

Where was our government to help them during this terrible crisis? Why weren't food packages and water bottles dropped? Why were they ignoring this emergency? There's no excuse for the lack of response...no excuse at all.

I'm just so angry and upset for what those poor people in New Orleans had to endure, and I think our government officials should be held accountable.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The media portrays the bad 95% more than normal and good behavior. I do not believe everyone was looting for tvs during Katrina. So just because a few were assholes we should condem them all? You keep harping on this. It must make you feel good. The Katrina victims are an example of what could happen to more Americans in the future. The government doesn't care about any of us. You could be smart follow all the rules save, have a 401k, leave town before a disater, but you never can cover every angel.

Also I do agree that Americans need to all know how to fend for themselves. Farming, use of firearms, first aid etc... Our dependency on our government has gone too far. They regulate our food, water, medicine, media etc...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cornblossom

This just shows how easy to manipulate you are in this instance. Not always, just here, so don't feel attacked or anything. You made an assumption based on one obviously biased source and didn't do any objective research on either 1) what really happened or 2) what should be expected as a government response during a crisis.

A lot of people are fools in this way. Hopefully we can all work on that - on objective analysis.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Urban Legend? Guns being taken from citizens that have the right to bear arms to protect themselves? That's a fact, I've seen the videos of it. They didn't know the people were still in the Super Dome? I guess you could easily misplace that many people in one place along with the police and military that were stationed there outside as well. I suppose that was also an Urban Legend?

I'm seriously wondering how many government agencies now have people that are paid to visit ATS and spread their lies and propaganda on this site.

It's my belief that Katrina was an experiment to see how people reacted during this kind of tragedy on American soil.

Isn't it interesting when a crisis strikes on the other side of the world the US government doesn't have any problems mobilizing food and water drops to those areas? As well as logistical personal available.

MILLIONS of American had food, water, and supplies collected for distribution to New Orleans and the surrounding areas following the Hurricane, and those supplies NEVER got there. Some of us knew exactly how bad the situation was, and would become. Yet, the government claims they didn't. Yeah, sure...

Deny Ignorance...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the effort to keep this in the foreground of our memory.

There is blame, and it is not the government, it is the people.

All of us.

For not being diligent watching who gets into what position.

That is why it is so important to vote.

Get out there and vote, or it will happen again.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

--Many survivors in the Dome complained of food and water shortages, a charge that reverberated through the media echo chamber. According to Maj. Bush, the Guard stuck to strict rationing - one MRE and one liter of water per day, exactly what troops got in combat in Iraq. Because so many victims were being brought in so quickly in an open-ended rescue operation, the Guard wasn't taking any chances of running out of supplies by opening an all-you-can eat buffet.

It started out with a 3-day supply for ten thousand people, and ultimately brought in 300,000 MREs and 397,000 liter bottles of water, a 30-day supply for 10,000 people. And as Maj. Bush points out, there wasn't a single death from dehydration - a constant threat to those waiting to be rescued from rooftops and attics in the 100-degree heat and in the steamy atmosphere of the Dome as well.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Sorry I'm in a hurry & don't have the time to scan this thread, I will later, but I watched all that Veoh would let me watch, 2min? Anyone have this in another format, site, or saved? Much thanks.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

The bridge was damaged and uncrossable by the time people wanted to leave.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Well gee, if my house were located in a city that was 13ft below sea level and sinking about 1/2inch every year, you would think you would be prepared for a damn flood first, hurricane second. Maybe a tsunami, maybe a tornado.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ya know...it is a #ty situation that these people went through..and our govt should have done much more to alleviate the suffering of these people. I must also say that maybe next time, the PEOPLE will better prepared to handle themselves...and maybe leave town first...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
But your always gonna have those, "That Cant Leave".

2 basic things could have been done, "In The Beginning, As this Would Have Been a Priorty" even in a battlezone.
+ FOOD
++WATER, if these items would have been available, alot of the crime would have never happend. However we have our "BAD APPLES" out their.
What I dont understand, and does not compute in even in my military oriented mind. Taking away the weapons of perfectly good law abiding citizens, especially during such a turmoilistic situation. Where were their priortys???
Im just glad I wasn't their-NO B-O-D-Ys ever taking my guns.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bazarocka
2 basic things could have been done, "In The Beginning, As this Would Have Been a Priorty" even in a battlezone.
+ FOOD
++WATER, if these items would have been available, alot of the crime would have never happend. However we have our "BAD APPLES" out their.

They DID have food and water at the Super Dome. They were handing out 1300 calorie meals once a day and a liter of water. No one will starve with 1300 calories a day, and even without food no one starves in 3 days.

And many of the "looters stealing food" seemed very very far from dehydration or starvation!

A lot of them look like they are having a pretty darn good day actually!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by realshanti

The bridge was damaged and uncrossable by the time people wanted to leave.

I'm sitting here in Nola and that's not what the citizens are telling me....I'm inclined to give credit to the original reports that I heard on the news backed up by the accounts of folks I've talked to here... Also on the news at the time were eye witness accounts of groups of people being turned away at gunpoint and having shots fired above their heads to warn them off...nice try though....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfotech
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

If they think they can get away with it they'll do the same to any of you.

Now that I can completely agree with you on.

I hear so much about the lack of help by governments(local,state,and federal) being because those were poor black people. I simply don't see it that way. That doesn't mean this wasn't the case. I saw it as people that had the chance to get themselves and their loved ones to safety and chose not to. I saw black people helping white people, I saw white people helping black people. What I saw that disgusted me was the people standing in front of cameras with their little children and infants chanting for help. Why didn't they get their children out of there when they had the chance?

My lack of sympathy stems from those there screaming for help while at the same time looting for whatever they wanted. It's my opinion that if they were capable of looting they were capable of getting themselves out without anyone's help. The people that were left behind because they were unable to get themselves out(the elderly) and it's found that no to little effort was made to get them out them a lynching is in order. Every single parent that forced their children to suffer this for their own selfish reasons should not have children and those kids should be taken from them and the adults should be strangled until they stop kicking.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Would you have tried to stay with your 4 month old after hearing the damage Katrina was going to do? Or would you have tried to get you and your infant out of harm's way?

Me personally, I wouldn't let myself get in that situation if it was avoidable,and for many of the people that chose to stay behind it was avoidable.

While I do feel for those that had absolutely no way out I have no compassion for morons that had the opportunity to leave and didn't. What ever happened to them is their own damn fault.

It is the responsibility of each of us to defend ,protect, and take care of ourselves and our loved ones,not our governments'. If our government warns you that bad things are coming to get to a safer area and you don't listen then how can you expect anyone to feel sorry for you or rush to help you? Then when there isn't an immediate response it must be because they were mostly black people.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

Again ....they made it through the hurricane ..it was the FLOODING afterwards that caused the real problems ..Did anyone warn the residents that there would be severe levy failures after the Hurricaine >?

What I hold the Gov accountable for is their lack of concern by waiting not just a few days after to come to their aid ..but SEVERAL DAYS >.And turning people away in boats ,planes etc who were trying to get help to them .....and blocking roads where no one could get out during that flooding ....(There are numerous accounts of that happening ...I also saw this on TV on CNN I believe while it was happening ...Sheriffs parked in the middle of the road saying GO BACK you cannot come here )>....I will see if I can find that video ...

Seriously do you really believe that was right to turn a blinds eye to anyone under those kinds or circumstances ?No matter whether they left or didnt leave .>We all had to sit here and watch PEOPLE DIE ON AMERICAN TV ...for NO REASON ....Even one small helicopter dropping even a few gallons of water out would have made me feel better about the whole thing ..
But no not even one helicopter drop ...nowhere ....

Sorry but no one deserved what those people went through ..
And no matter what .......I believe our GOV aided in alot of those people dieing in NO ..
For not dropping food and water down to those people in the streets.
Red tape or not ..that would have been the HUMANITARIAN thing to do .

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Well gee, if my house were located in a city that was 13ft below sea level and sinking about 1/2inch every year, you would think you would be prepared for a damn flood first, hurricane second. Maybe a tsunami, maybe a tornado.

Yes, you might think. Are you prepared for a meteor? You do live on a planet in the way of tons of space debri so if one hits and destroys earth and you die too, well that is your fault for living here and not being prepared for everything isn't it. It is really nice and easy to say unless you actually live there. If you are born there, your whole family lives there and you spent your life growing too old to run from a flood there...well you get the point, I would hope. I guess what you are saying is that noone should live there, everyone is capable of just up and leaving and everyone that died in the storm deserved what they got right? OK BUDDY! You win. If that is the point you are trying to make, it is all yours.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Ok Here is some of what I saw on Video live as it was happening ...
It tells about everything ..and the fact that they BLOCKED the ONLY ROAD OUT for those people to leave ...

Watch the whole thing ...even the reporters are crying ...
It even has Bush in between shots describing later on what he thinks about what happened ...
WARNING ..this is horrible to even watch again .
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I came across another Video that some of you will find Interesting .

The Katrina Myth; the Truth about a thoroughly unnatural disaster
www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join