It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love of a Lion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don't normally post in BTS (not that i have anything against it :-)), but i had to show people this video.
My son showed it to me last night and told me it would make me cry. It did.

Please watch it, its a lovely video and it's only a minute or so long:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
to give you some background information on this. It was 1969 and Harrods had an exotic pet store (yes, really). These two guys bought a lion cub, named him Christian and looked after him.

After a while, it got too big and by coincidence, the film makers of Born Free visited the guys furniture shop in London. They suggested taking the lion to kenya where George Adamson would reintroduce it to the wild.

Eventually, Christian went off in his pack, away from the reserve. When the two guys wanted to visit, they were told it would be a waste of time, as firstly, the lion had not been seen around the compund in 9 months, and secondly, it would not remember them anyway.

They came anyway and it turns out the lion had returned to the compound the night before.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by geek101]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi geek101. You should stop by BTS more often.

I love that video. I've seen it before, I'm pretty sure that it has been posted, but I never get tired of it and it still gives me goosebumps and tears in my eyes every time.

Rush

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this. I had never seen it before, and I have to admit that it brought tears to my eyes. It was so moving.

I also want to share this video with you:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
thanks guys

I only saw this last night, but clearly it's been around a long time. I know what you mean, no matter how many times i watch it, it always make me a cry a little.

Ziggy....that's amazing, i have seen that one, but thanks for posting it. I had forgotton about it. It's incredible how much emotion these "wild" animals show.

Rush, funnily enough when i started the thread, i gave it the title "Christian The Lion" and ATS said a thread exists by this name, so i searched that exact term and nothing...but the top result was "Christians are liars"....not exactly the same thing.
However, i have no doubt it is on here somewhere. Glad you liked it.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What that particular youtube video didn't show was that Christian has a pride of his own and that after the initial meeting the female and the cub were introduced to them and they all just kind of sat around and enjoyed each other's company. It was absolutely amazing!

Rush

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
yeah, i saw that one after because i was looking around for info and other vids.
Watching them playing with the little cubs....well...makes me want a lion too .
There's also a video somewhere with an interview of the guys made in 2008. (I of course, jumped on the first vid i came across but there are better ones :-))
I love it. I love when the lion is walking towards them and coincidence or not, but his jaw drops in a kind of "hey, it's YOU guys" type way :-)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
wow. Thank you for posting these videos.
They were very uplifting.

I had never heard of Christian before.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ok so i read the comments before i watched the movie because i wasnt sure if it was going to be soe form of animal abuse and if it was i wouldnt watch it because it would seriously break my heart.

but u all seemed to enjoy it.. so i watched it.. and omg i am such a sap. that really touched my heart. thanks for sharing.. i never want to watch it again!!! hahaha (but in a good way, if that makes sense) =')

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I love both these videos. I bawled like a baby, and it wasn't the first time I had seen them. So very touching..

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I'm glad you liked it. Everyone i have shown it to has cried. Apparently, it was actually FOUR years since they saw Christian, not one as the video states. Which makes it even more amazing.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Dear BTS, Stop making me cry!! Sh#t.....

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hello I just tried your link and it says it has been removed!!!!!!

Think I might have seen it but not sure. Is it the one when the lion comes up and hugs the two guys? If it is, I can say I,ve seen it and yes! Very emotional. There is another vid somewhere of a person who reared a lion cub but it was in a zoo. When the person turned up it put its paws through the iron bars and hugged her. Very nice but not as nice as seeing a now, wild animal remembering its past. (if this is the vid I saw).

On a similar vid have a look at this. It shows wildlife looking out for each other.

I know its not human intervention but it just shows a bit of Buffalo love.

www.youtube.com...[/url]

Hope you like it!

Albert

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by albertfothergill

Yes, it was the video you mentioned. Don't know why it was removed though. Thanks for the link to the lion/buffalo vid....i have seen that one before but forgot all about it. Its amazing to see this kind of thing i agree.
Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :-)

top topics

join