It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postponing the election: It's a joke, or is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It would seem that ATS is getting more attention and more importantly being taken more seriously as its popularity grows as demonstrated in the Boston Globe.

Thank heavens for the Internet; it's put the surprise back in October Surprise.

Here is the latest big-picture conspiracy theory, which has been gathering strength on the blogosphere the way a hurricane feeds on Caribbean waters: It is widely believed, both online and, increasingly, offline, that the Bush administration intends to declare martial law and postpone next month's elections. To prevent Barack Obama's inevitable ascension to the Oval Office, obviously.

White House spokesman Scott Stanzel says the new directive supplants a Cold War-era emergency memorandum that is no longer valid in the post-9/11 world, with the country at risk of a "no-notice terrorist attack." But on websites with names such as justanothercoverup.com and abovetopsecret.com, the public document - often described as "secret" - was read quite differently. "FEMA Official States Bush Is Planning to Implement Martial Law," is a headline from justanothercoverup. "Pelosi Declared Martial Law Last Night," was a September headline from abovetopsecret.

They may not agree with what is being said here, but for them to try and discredit or write it off as paranoia tells me we are making enough noise to get somebodys attention....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I would say absolutely anything is possible at this point! But I'm still not buying into this "martial law" business just yet.

Obama is most likely an extremely highly risky assassination target, there's no doubt about it.

Combined with an event like that and the collapse of the financial system, the US constitution could very well be suspended and they could see martial law employed in that instance.

There'd be many angry people..

Edited for typos. I've been bad with speling!

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mattguy404]

new topics

join