It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man burned alive in LA street.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Man burned alive in LA street.

www.latimes.com...

LOS ANGELES - A homeless man died after being doused with gasoline and set on fire on a street where he had lived for many years and was a familiar face to residents of Koreatown, police and local merchants said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.latimes.com...

[edit: added source link]

[edit on 11-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sometimes I find it completely disgusting what man is capable of. I'm at a loss for words. This man didn't deserve to die like this. Is this what our society has become, is this what we are now? Maybe we do need a despot, maybe we do need a dictator that ends things like this. I just find this to be completely disgusting.

Camain

www.latimes.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: added source link]

[edit on 11-10-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I agree it is disgusting, I cant imagine someone being capable of such things. But that is like trying to catch the wind, sane people have a hard time understanding the insane. I would say you would have to be quite insane to do something like that to another human being.

That all being said, a dictator isnt the answer, and I for one wont stand for a dictator in this country.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm speechless. Karma will catch up with those responsible.

May he rest in peace.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
That's awful, but I do remember hearing of things like this happening before. The depths that humankind will sink to disgusts me. What makes people do things like this.

On the note of a dictator - if you think this is bad as a fairly isolated case, imagine what it would be like if someone like Saddam came to power?

Doesn't bear thinking about the horrors that would take place (often behind closed doors).

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Have you guys ever seen a film called bumfights. That shows you what americans have become.

Just another sickening story, to add to your dehumanisation.

Just remember in this world, if you harm no one, your insane, while people like this, are applauded, and called sane. I never understand why.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sounds like some sort of gang initiation.

I was in Japan Town a few weeks ago (very close to Korean Town in Los Angeles) and it is really quite a decent area. Safe streets, decent people, I am sure the whole area is in shock over this.

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go
On the note of a dictator - if you think this is bad as a fairly isolated case, imagine what it would be like if someone like Saddam came to power?

Uhhh...actually countries ruled by strong dictators are usually VERY SAFE when it comes to street crime or random violence among the citizen population. People fear the government and definitely do not want to end up in the prison system. As a tourist destination dictatorships are usually much better than other 2nd or 3rd world choices. As long as you do not do something to anger the government you don't have to worry about being attacked by petty thugs.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's when I read stories like this that the fight between good and evil is so obvious. Even if someone wouldn't call themselves religious or spiritual would have to see that, right?

The amount of human suffering and injustice in the world just really bothers me because I am a sensitive person...like it isn't bad enough to just be homeless...but pile more misery on.

I really hope the people who did this are put through some misery of their own

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What I'm getting at is the abuses that would take place to opponents and other political types.

That's why I put the bit in brackets.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This one really show the best and worst of mankind. people in the neighbourhood cared for the man, fed and showered him, gave him money while he did not ask for it and this went well for 20 years. So, even with the terrible ending of this story it does show the good in man, and the bad. Sad and terrible ending to a nice story.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Harman]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Truly, truly awful.

It's sickening to think that human life - any human life - is seen as being so disposable.

There can be no real motive for this, so I'm inclined to agree with Sonya610's view that it was some kind of gang initiation or something. It's terrible that someone has tried to prove their 'worth' by viewing someone else as being so worthless. Aren't gang members supposed to be tough? What's tough about torching a homeless man? Particularly if, as the story suggests, there was a group of them who drove away in a car. A group of men kill one man, then scurry away from the scene of the crime in a car? How is that tough?

Vile.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman WeirAren't gang members supposed to be tough? What's tough about torching a homeless man? Particularly if, as the story suggests, there was a group of them who drove away in a car.

Honestly I am rather shocked that an Hispanic gang was involved in this (if that is the case, and it probably is). I do hope they settle this within their own ranks. As stated this has to be a VERY big deal in that area.

Though your comments about "human life" seem a bit odd. As if it wouldn't be a problem if they set animals on fire and listened to the cries for entertainment. Granted that would NOT make the national news, as that sort of cruelty isn't usually a big deal in our sick society, but it still seems odd to say "human life" twice. Hidden message?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
people, you all make very good points. But have any of you thought, what if the world goes to s##t and law an government brakes down. These people are the one who are going to rule the streets with absolute terror. Im not worried about dictators, im worried about these people becoming top dog. Especialy in a global crisis as we are now. Her in the UK the general populas is completly un-armed, so it will be these people, such as the gangsters and hoodies who will become the predators and we the prey.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Though your comments about "human life" seem a bit odd. As if it wouldn't be a problem if they set animals on fire and listened to the cries for entertainment. Granted that would NOT make the national news, as that sort of cruelty isn't usually a big deal in our sick society, but it still seems odd to say "human life" twice. Hidden message?

Hidden message? No, just you trying to read something that just isn't there. As someone that's adopted many rescue animals over the years as well as having sponsorships for several animals, I find your comment a little 'desperate' to say the least.

I said, human life, because the man was a human being just like them: human beings. However, they obviously see this man as being less than them. I repeated "human life" because I was putting human life into a different context. Not just this man's life but any human life; none of us deserve to be treated as disposable. It's not like I was repeating the words for no reason.

Seriously, if you think my post was odd. Yours reads very odd to me and either very paranoid or very desperate.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman WeirSeriously, if you think my post was odd. Yours reads very odd to me and either very paranoid or very desperate.

Thanks for explaining. The poster above used this story to make political comments about dictators, and I thought perhaps your "human life" comments were hinting at another political issue.

I have rescued many animals in the past too, that cause is the nearest and dearest to my heart. I am not exactly sure how my comments sounded "paranoid or desperate" but perhaps you will explain.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
These actions have nothing to do whatsoever with polotics. so why have we even gone into that grey area. This was either the act of a phycopath who gets kicks out of killing, or a gang initiation. One way or another it is just another act of random violence in a violent society. to be frank, this stuff no longer shocks me any more. just another day in hell.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I have rescued many animals in the past too, that cause is the nearest and dearest to my heart. I am not exactly sure how my comments sounded "paranoid or desperate" but perhaps you will explain.

It was the "hidden message?" comment. Having seen you post on elsewhere on the board, it's obvious that you're not stupid, so I was more inclined to think that, for whatever reason, you were being unintentionally paranoid or was purposely trying to read something into my comment that wasn't there.

Anyway, we agree on both the terrible death of the guy in the story and we agree on rescued animals, so let's call it quits whilst we're ahead.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yes, that was a very tragic and dispicable thing.

Unfortunantly we---collectively--we do that kind of thing and much worse every day, a thosand times a day, all over the world.

I always shake my head when I watch a movie about some child getting killed and everybody's sad like it's the end of civilization, or some cop, and all the other cops are crying like bitches, yet we go around the world killing children cops, soldiers, husbands, fathers, daughters, brothers, in other people's land everyday.

Why would you expect civility and humaneness from the bottom when you have none from the top?

My suprise is not that stuff like this happens, it's that our streets and kids are not complete maniacs.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
how can people be so evil as to burn some poor homeless man alive =(

i actually had seen this homeless man before since i don't live far from where it happened. i use to see him walking around with some headphones and never once did i see him bothering anyone. i just don't understand how any one could do such a thing. i feel bad for what happened and hopefully justice is served

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Was he the same guy who'd hang around in Silver Lake near the Sunset Junction?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join