It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daughter, 19, Sentenced For Murdering O.C. Mom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Daughter, 19, Sentenced For Murdering O.C. Mom

cbs2.com

SANTA ANA Still denying her guilt, 19-year-old Rachael Mullinex was sentenced Friday to 25 years to life for her role in the murder of her mother Barbara in 2006.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Crime of passion, or conspiracy?

Either way, this mother died brutally, simply for trying to intervene in her daughter's romance.

Many girls start dating at 17, so did the mom over-react? Or do you think she had some kind of bad feeling about the boyfriend?

Makes me wonder what really happened. There was Rachael's fingerprints on a roll of duct tape; and her DNA at the scene; but they both live there. She could've used the tape earlier.

The father, Bruce, stands by Rachael's innocence. And Allen was also convicted. Seems to me, the one who thrust that knife into the mom's eye should receive most of the punishment.

Is the world getting much more violent? I think so. And you?

cbs2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Allen and Rachel Mullenix put her mother's body in a television box --
later traced back to a purchase by her father -- and dumped the blanket-wrapped body in the harbor.

The prosecutor told jurors that the butter knife in the woman's eye matched silverware found in the home, that the mother and daughter's DNA was left behind in the bloody room, and that the daughter's fingerprint was found on a roll of duct tape.

Well when I read this I have to place a good part of the blame on television, music videos, video games and the very sad state of the public education system.

If these teenagers were less sheltered from reality, if they had to watch the evening news or other mainstream programming once in a while perhaps they would have thought twice about the mountain of evidence they provided as proof of their crime. They sound like a couple of complete morons.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by Sonya610

I have to place a good part of the blame on television, If these teenagers were less sheltered from reality,

Star for insight!
Yup, that could be a big part, Sonya. Where do today's teens get thier violence from, anyway?

I searched for the original article from '06, and found This Link that tells how Mrs. Mullinex was actually stabbed four dozen times!

That sounds like rage to me, from one, or both of the teens!

And a neighbor witnessed Allen dragging something to a car at 3 am.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENERStar for insight!
Yup, that could be a big part, Sonya. Where do today's teens get thier violence from, anyway?

I do not know but it does seem like that sort of crime is on the increase. And honestly stabbing someone like that, especially ones MOTHER, is an amazingly brutal act. It is not a moment of rage, it is an ongoing brutal act that would require real effort, stamina, and a strong stomach to complete.

The whole situation reeks of major dysfunction. The girl must be a complete sociopath, and who knows maybe it was inherited.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Would you have blamed television if the story didn't sound like an episode from The O.C. ?

I don't believe in the crap that television, movies and video games make people do these sorts of things, this girl was 19, unless she has some mental disability then blaming tv is a cop out.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Would you have blamed television if the story didn't sound like an episode from The O.C. ?

Sarcasm and subtlety often gets misconstrued apparently. I do not blame the fact that they butchered the girls mother on television, but I suspect that youth oriented programming may have played a part in their utter stupidity and the trail of evidence they left behind.

Locally we have a story about a couple of teenage girls adopted from Guatamala, they tried to kill their adopted mother a couple of times (succeeded on the second attempt). Messed up situation, what is especially sad is that the mother tried to get one of the girls into a psyche hospital but was turned away.

I have heard stories like that before, people with obviously derranged offspring simply CANNOT get help in any way. It seems to be especially bad in adoption situations, the parents may realize that their adopted older children are dangerous/crazy but once the paperwork is signed they must keep them at home or face prosecution for child abandonment.

www.gwinnettdailypost.com...

top topics

join