It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Monday coming?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hi There,

If I may I would like to present something of a naive assumption. I would expect Monday to see gains in the markets, nothing colossal, just a bit of shoring up, but I do feel that come Tuesday or Wednesday, we will see the markets slipping again, and the reason for this will be due to 'realisation'.

Market traders will 'realise' that many of them will not be benefitting from the governmental actions proposed, and this will see a frenzy of selling to occur, as traders seek to minimise the damage upon their profit potential. Speed is of the essence, too quick and too slow leads to oblivion...panic will not aid in the judging of the speed. Watch out for the 'black holes' to appear in Eastern-European, latin American countries.

I believe this crisis presents too good an opportunity to pass by for the swallowing up of independence-seeking countries. Through having their fledgeling economies damaged during this crisis, they will seek help...and put themselves in deep debt with the IMF...probably. Globalisation never had it so easy to accelerate an attainment towards its targets.

Yours (naively, of course)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
[noob]

no nikkei today?

all the quotes I see are from Fri.

bank holiday in japan?

[/noob]

[edit on 12-10-2008 by shermanium]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Markets closed in Japan due to National Holiday. National Sports Day

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
cool

Domo arigatoo

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The market is artificially kept above its true value by hot-shot traders who wouldn't benefit at all from a major collapse. Everyone knows that banks that don't lend are dead banks, but the price of financial stock doesn't reflect upon the situation at all -- the price is way above the real value. The traders wage war with tin soldiers and the question is how long this scheme will last. These traders are not the decisive majority to keep the game going. If the dot.com bust is to be repeated, then the sparks starts to fly from the circuit breakers. Actually it's not about if; it's about when.

There is also a possibility that the "frozen" credit is not that frozen. In that case the circuit-breaking Black Days won't materialize that easy.

Pictus, the ancient pagan god of trading, says that DJIA will close on Monday -149.2 points to observe the Columbus day.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Did some big news or something just get released?
DOW futures are up 300+pts ??????

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme2

No link yet, but CNBC just reported that the US will announce Monday AM that we're going with a plan similar to the EU plan. This may well be the cause.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
We will definitely see a dead cat bounce today.

I'm guessing a huge rally. 3% or so upwards as short sighted people feel all fuzzy inside with all the international efforts this weekend. Then, Tuesday, it's back to reality as people realize that the fundamentals mean a DUMP!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme2

There throwing the kitchen sink at the system, will be interesting to see what ron paul, says about unlimited dosh being thrown out, lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Honestly, if we don't get a bounce now (today) on the backs of the foreign markets, we are toast.

Not that a bounce now is anything more than a panacea. the problem is not resolved, it is just stalled to buy time. They have actually made the situation more unstable now than ever. It will come home to roost, the question is when?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
US banks and credit markets were not open today.

It will be interesting if we can hold on to our gains tomorrow when the full US market is trading.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
I personally think that the markets are up huge on Monday. Almost everyone of my clients has called looking to buy on Monday(Ive trained them well). The foreign markets will be reassured that the US did not follow their last day of trading with a huge decline. I expect Asia will be up 10%+ on Monday making up all their losses from fridays close. Point is all the experienced investors are drooling at this opportunity. They could be early, but they feel secure buying and holding a few years at these prices.

I personally think the PTB are positioning to destroy the fed. I think they are moving slowly in order to prevent even worse havoc. Once the fed is gone and we control our own money supply most of the problems will fix themselves. So what if we have to merge with Canada and Mexico? We started out as 13 colonies if anyone remembers. Expansion is just the natural course of things.

Called that one right.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just goes to show what happens if you listen to the bulk of ATS's oracles, which are always for economic doom: you lose, big time.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You bash all the ATS'ers who think something is going down, wanting things to fail so they can say I told you so. You are no better, you sit there waiting only for your chance to say I told you so to them. Although your I told you so is better, it is still the same thing. Both sides are dangerous in my opinion, and just because people specualte about what may happen it doesnt mean they are doom and gloomers.

You have to be open to both sides in order to find the truth. Also when looking for the truth, you dont have to be a dick.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I personally think the PTB are positioning to destroy the fed. I think they are moving slowly in order to prevent even worse havoc. Once the fed is gone and we control our own money supply most of the problems will fix themselves. So what if we have to merge with Canada and Mexico? We started out as 13 colonies if anyone remembers. Expansion is just the natural course of things.

Called that one right.

Can you go into further detail about tptb destroying the fed? Or start another thread on that theory or point me in the direction of a thread that has been started about that theory?
I find this very interesting, who are tptb? they seem to be different then the usual ptb if they are trying to destroy the fed and we control our own money.
I am all for destroying the fed and when it all boils down merging with Canada and Mexico really doesnt destroy me as it does others. As long as it is done for the right reasons...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes , black Monday! HAHA yeah I think its just funny how the opposite happened in a way. haha.

Im not bad mouthing anyone i just think its kinda funny, like its uncanny. Someone says their life is ruined and they win the lottery.

But yeah this isn't over. You cant have a sea storm destroy ships if there are no waves. Ups and downs are common, On the large scale of the market, today was jsut a blip. You have o have profit taking.

Today was a panic buy. sounds odd, but the shot sellers were obviously packing in after the high open, expecting it to level out. Even me. haha, Then when everyone realized, oh [email protected] going up for good. Everyone covered their shorts. and it started a frenzy of short sellers and buyers alike o buy. Either way its not healthy. doesn't show very much stability. I mean is better that it was a frenzy upward than down, I dont think we could have taken another huge sell off today. At this point it doesn't even seem we correlate much with any normal trading. Its basically a game of craps right now.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next week and month.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostlandseller

The most important thing to remember is that markets are always cyclical. Preparation during the up times ensures you will be able to survive the down times. Never think it's always going to remain the same, whether it's up or down.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join