It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Find on Google Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This find seems stranger than anything I've seen on Google Sky.

I found this short flick on youtube, but the text superimosed is not english.
It is around lion, but I hope the coordinates can be determined by someone and posted.

Here's the link. I'll try and find it as well, but am new at google sky so one of you may find the coordinates faster.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wow............ Looks like a black hole.

I'd like to see some educated statements on this.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm probably wrong but it looks like a black hole to me but I'm no expert on it my reasoning is the shape and jets.

Example pic below

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
wah! I can't see it! I am, like many other users/members on ATS, am at work and unable to view anything on utube. Any still pics?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm trying to locate it myself. I am not getting controls on google so I downloaded worldwide telescope and still can't get the controls like a friend had. I am trying IRIS 12 microns. Maybe Ie8 Beta2 is bugging, since I have a few bugs with scroll bars and dropdown menues now. Might have uninstall it to get things to work. Ah the fun of time consuming MS bug and error troubleshooting.
I may have to actually read the help files. Last resort as many of you know.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Very wild guess... but wouldn't it be the galaxy M105 in infrared? It is indeed supposed to bear a huge black hole in its center.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here you go, I coppied the picture for the ones who didn't want to go to youtube.

I have no idea what it is, could it have something to do with this "thing" Hubble found and nobady had an explanation for?

Thanks for posting

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I opened Google sky but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.
I've been trying every setting I could find and nothing.
Anybody else having any luck?
I'm using the latest version of Google Earth Pro.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Its a the GFL ship's wormhole opening (joke)

but seriously, it could be a gamma ray burst or some other phenomena i dont feel like listing right now...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's hard to say what it is because we don't know what resolution that image was taken with. If you look the same area without Infra-red, it's just a bunch of stars. Plus, the position in the sky compared to the background stars may not be lined up right. What is strange is that there is nothing else like it in the IR imagery.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It's a planet that happened to be in the field of view when IRIS shot that part of the sky. It just happens to be sitting right on the ecliptic - that's never a coincidence with an object that bright. IRIS wasn't designed to look at anything that bright and google sky doesn't know how to handle such over-saturation of the image (plus IRIS is just one source g-sky uses to produce false color IR images - other IR surveys didn't happen to catch this planet at this spot as you can confirm in WWT) so it looks messed up. Here's a regular WWT view of the same region of sky in IRIS's database, it looks just like a planet should to IRIS - blooming and overexposed:
i189.photobucket.com...
This "anomaly" was already discussed to death here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Looks like Saturn was near this position when IRIS conducted an observation of the area in May 2007.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the link! That's my wife and mother-in-law coming back sooner than expected from a visit her (my wife) aunt.

Damn! I got to clean up the house with all these beer bottles and panties thrown about!

Thanks for the heads-up!

On a serious note though, beats all I've ever seen. It looks as though it may be photo-shopped of an existing black-hole super-imposed in the constellation of Leo.

Just my guess.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Just for the record, nobody has ever photographed a black hole. We have photos of what we THINK are the EFFECTS of a black hole, by they don't look like that object. In fact there are some knowledgable people who say the black holes have not yet been proven to exist (although I think they do exist).

The familiar images we all have in our heads of black holes (black round objects with a bright ring of material around it) are all "artists conceptions".

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Intelearthling

Just for the record, nobody has ever photographed a black hole. We have photos of what we THINK are the EFFECTS of a black hole, by they don't look like that object. In fact there are some knowledgable people who say the black holes have not yet been proven to exist (although I think they do exist).

Technically if you want to get picky, Even if black-holes 'existed'
they would immediately not exist, being as a hole is not actually anything,
its the lack of something, So to be reeeeally picky,
The fact there is a lack of something exists, but the hole does not,
Ponder that for a little while

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hello. There was a discussion about this find on one of polish forums. I needed 10 minutes to find that object. It's nothing strange:
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join