It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting it in perspective: some helpful graphics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There's lots of language floating around at the moment, and most of it has taken me the past month or so to work out what it actually means; at least to understand what the basic problems are.

But it also helps to have a visual representation of the amounts of money involved in things such as the bail outs taking place.

I've come across this link at the BBC, and I think it shows the situation very accurately for the numbers-shy.

If you're like me and have no idea what the jargon means, a peek at these will get you thinking...

news.bbc.co.uk...

If you have any other links like these, post them here.

A lot of talk on ATS has been accused of being alarmist, but I think the visual stuff speaks for itself.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Man, just looking at that picture all I can do is shake my head. I wonder what it will look like when the tide of this crisis has been stemmed? These were all HUGE...I repeat HUGE companies. A year ago we all would have been called crazy if we had predicted this outcome.

"All great truths first start out as heresy"
George Bernard Shaw

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This one really scare me:

That £500bn is way more than the US proposed payout, and a HUGE portion of the public spending. Look at that compared to Health and Education spending!
And we've got a national health service! And our GDP is way less than the US. Man, we are royally screwed over here.

The thing is. No one has said yet how much extra tax the average joe has to pay to foot this bill. Quite a lot by the looks of it. Was Gordon p'd off cause we caused such a stink over the abolishion of the 10p tax rate? They haven't even paid us all of that back yet.

This is it folks. The NWO really are coming into play now. The plans are in place and phase 1 is almost finished. There's no denying it now, and no hiding from it.

Man, we need to get active

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404

That's like a game of 'Bankruptcy Bingo!'

Instead of a 'full house', you get 'empty house' because of foreclosure.

top topics

join