It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austrian far-right leader, Joerg Haider, killed in car crash.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Austrian far-right leader, Joerg Haider, killed in car crash.

www.--.com

Far-right Austrian leader Joerg Haider has died in a road accident at the age of 58.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Rinorino2]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is really big, for those that our not familiar with Austrian politics Joerg Haider is a really important figure, described by some as an outright Nazi and others as merely a far-right character in the style of Pat Buchanan. You can be sure conspiracy theories will be discussed regarding this death-and of course the Mossad will feature as will the Brussels EU government. Haider was staunchly anti-EU-this is really interesting-eliminating a Hitleresque character prior to a 1930's style depression???-stormfront will be buzzing.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Lets just say it is convinient for such a thing to occur. I understand your rationale behind your argument, and shows yet again, that people are not allowed to choiose who they want as leaders.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

This might not mean much to Americans but to german and Austrians, a topic of thousands of conspiracy posts of the future was just born.
This guy is a household name in Germany and Austria-and he is very anti-EU, World-bank and the rest. Not that I in any way would support him.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rinorino2

Yep but thats democracy for you, total bull. I am not surprised about this. Didn't a far right politician also die early a few years back in holland.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

However I find it strange when those that outright think little of democracy and freedom of speech complain that their freedoms are being curtailed.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Yep but thats democracy for you, total bull. I am not surprised about this. Didn't a far right politician also die early a few years back in Holland.

yes that would be Pim Fortuyn, he was killed by a left winged activist who claimed that he would be a threat to muslims and other foreign people in the Netherlands.
Later on a popular right winged columnist named Theo van Gogh was slaughtered by a muslim terrorist . being shot from his bike on the streets of Amsterdam and then stabbed with a knife cut his throat and then leaving the knife and a letter on the body of theo van gogh.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

Isn't it interesting that people want nationalism, but they(our leaders), will not allow any one with those sort of tendacies, to come to power. They would rather stop it dead before it starts.

You would think the news would suspect something if they where real news, but they as usual never touch these stories.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Here's his car. Click the picture for full view.

Photo: Scanpix/EPA

Source (in norwegian)

Wikipedia

The neutrality of this article is disputed.

[---]

Haider was killed in a car crash in Köttmannsdorf near Klagenfurt, in the state of Carinthia, in the early hours of 11 October 2008. Police reported that the Volkswagen Phaeton that Haider had been driving came off the road, rolled down an embankment and overturned[12], causing him "severe head and chest injuries"[13]. Haider, who was on his way to a family gathering in honour of his mother's 90th birthday[14], was alone in the government car and no other vehicles were involved.[15] An initial investigation uncovered no signs of foul play.[16]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

Isn't it interesting that people want nationalism, but they(our leaders), will not allow any one with those sort of tendacies, to come to power. They would rather stop it dead before it starts.

You would think the news would suspect something if they where real news, but they as usual never touch these stories.

I think you should except the fact that only some people want nationalism, many don't. People tend to agree with whoever they talk to-and you might go down the local pub and talk nationalistic stuff and people agree with you-doesnt mean they actually really agree with you. Most people just want the next flat screen TV.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

yep i understand, most are just consumers.

Funny that they will not let people have any voice at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I am not sure if all people want a voice.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
You can't compare poeple like Pim Fortuyn and Haider. While Pim Fortuyn did stand for something and his death was a tragedy the death of Haider can be considered luck. Pim Fortuyn stated many times that he didn't have anything against civilized muslims. I agree with some things that both said and some things that Wilders says now , because I'm not particularly fond of muslims myself .I think we shouldn't let them build anymore mosques and they have more than enough rights but i think you shouldn't blaim all of them. Pim Fortuyn stood for something Haider was just an angry man , he was a clueless and popularized figure and i think death serves him well. Being a NAZI is just as bad as being an extremist muslim.
AMEN! And he probably died because of reckless driving, considering his reckless personality.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In this day of computerized automobiles, it is not inconceivable that someone outside the car could have taken control of the vehicle via electronics and intentionally caused it to crash. Many think that it what occured in the crash of Princess Diana back in '96.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by starviego]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

IMO that car in the picture has not been rolled, the roof has no scrapes or mud and dirt on it. When i read embankment i think grassy slope, perhaps I'm wrong. The car may have flipped once on the road to create that damage, but roll down an embankment? i dunno, what does anyone else think?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here are few articles that might be related.

See Israel concerned over Austrian far-right vote
www.thejc.com...
See The end of Austrian-Israeli relations?
www.jpost.com...
See Haider is back. Just don't mention the war
www.independent.co.uk...
See Mossad spied on Austria's Haidar
www.upi.com...

Now this is not to suggest that the Mossad did this, it could well have been another intelligence agency. It’s a very covenant accident for the globalists though, if that’s what it was.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by beefeater
IMO that car in the picture has not been rolled...

Agreed. Note most of the damage(from what we can see in the picture) is in the left front and side of the car. It looks to me like the left side of the car hit the rear end of a high clearance vehicle, like a truck, at high speed.

As this was a new car, the vehicle's computer should have details on the last seconds of the car stored in its memory.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
short video of the crash site here..
news.bbc.co.uk...

His car veered off the road near the southern city of Klagenfurt and overturned while trying to overtake another vehicle, according to police officials

www.guardian.co.uk...

that makes more sense than the embankment story but IMO its still open to question.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Here are a series of photos of the crash site:

diepresse.com.../home/politik/innenpolitik/421797/index.d o&popup=

The captions of the pics say he passed a truck, returned safely to the right lane, when his car veered out of control. He hit a street sign, jumped the curb, plowed through someone's hedge, hit a concrete post, causing the car to flip several times before coming to rest right side up. The posted speed limit in the area was 70kmph(about 50mph) according to cops, though the road looks like it passes through a residential area, so it could have been lower than that. The accident scene was spread out over 150m(about 450 feet) indicating a very high speed crash imo. In addition, the accident occured at night in fog; probably not a time when one would be zooming through a residential neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
As a politician, Haider must have known what a careless accident involving injury or death to another person would have cost him and his party. All the more reason for him to be extra cautious, not extra reckless. Are we to believe that he was driving through a residential area at 90mph in darkness and fog? I am thinking that Haider intentionally drove off the road through the street sign, curb, and the garden hedge in a desperate effort to slow himself down after he realized he no longer had operational control over the accelerator or the brakes.

The onboard computer should show what the car was doing in its last seconds. If we don't hear any more about this electronic record you can be sure it means a coverup.

Another bit of essential info would be the response time of the police. How long did it take them to arrive at the accident scene? And how long after that was Haider put in an ambulance? And when did the ambulance arrive at the hospital? Remember it took over an hour for Princess Diana's ambulance to arrive at the hospital after it left the accident scene.

Good link here:
www.rumormillnews.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join