It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain and the "arab" Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Being to lazy to switch the channel tonight, I watched reply after reply of a women being interviewed by McCain who referred to Obama as an arab. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE POLITICAL. Now moving on, the news is all talking about this and McCain's response, saying no Obama is NOT an arab, and most news networks are taking it further saying Obama is not an arab or a muslim. Maybe I'm taking this too far but I get the feeling we're correcting arab or muslim as if it is a grave mistake to be one. For example when McCain cuts the women off he says something along the lines of "No Obama is not an arab he is a decent American". Anyone else seeing bias reporting here? More evidence of the media dehumanizing the middle eastern wars and conflicts?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vagabond33
Being to lazy to switch the channel tonight, I watched reply after reply of a women being interviewed by McCain who referred to Obama as an arab. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE POLITICAL. Now moving on, the news is all talking about this and McCain's response, saying no Obama is NOT an arab, and most news networks are taking it further saying Obama is not an arab or a muslim. Maybe I'm taking this too far but I get the feeling we're correcting arab or muslim as if it is a grave mistake to be one. For example when McCain cuts the women off he says something along the lines of "No Obama is not an arab he is a decent American". Anyone else seeing bias reporting here? More evidence of the media dehumanizing the middle eastern wars and conflicts?

ITs clear as the sun...

This whole campaign feeds off the silent, unspoken hatreds Americans hold.

ITs a double whammy BLACK and ARAB issues.

You got it right - there is code in use...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
To many Americans, especially hard core Christians, being Muslim is a bad thing. In fact, some would say it is about the worst thing you could be. I for one find these opinions to be ridiculous at best and deplorable at worst. Personally, were I in McCain's shoes, I would have said something along the lines of "Obama is not a Muslim, he is a Christian. However, even if he were a Muslim, that would not make him an evil man, most Muslims are very religious, decent, wonderful people...." and so on.
However, given that a large percentage of his base is convinced otherwise, he could not say that. But IMO, that is what he should have said.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
It's possible that he just didn't think his response to that extremely ignorant woman through very well. It's also possible that his "That one" statement was some kind of slip-up. However, if he comes up with more slip-ups like that, it's really going to be hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

new topics

top topics

join