It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO to Take Aim at Drug Trade in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

NATO to Take Aim at Drug Trade in Afghanistan

www.nytimes.com

BUDAPEST — NATO defense ministers agreed Friday to allow troops operating in Afghanistan to attack drug lords and their networks supporting the escalating insurgency in the country.

Attacks on drug “facilities and facilitators supporting the insurgency” are to occur only if the NATO and Afghan troops involved have the authorization of their own governments
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.myaddiction.com

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I thought for sure that there were at least SOME steps occurring to limit this, in as much as heroin is one of the WORST and MOST DANGEROUS illegal drugs in existence, and we have been in Afghanistan now for years.

But apparently, NATO is just now getting around to addressing this problem. What is more, they are going to attack only those drug lords who are "facilitating the insurgency", and leave the friendly drug lords out!

I don't really get this. I can't believe NATO is scared to tackle this problem. (NATO has a lot of guns.) It is something else. The only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of NATO members receiving drug money.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Of course, what is NEVER said in these matters is exactly which Drug lords will be attacked, and which will miraculously continue to produce opium for the rest of the world.

Maybe Heroin was getting too cheap and they need to suck some of the reserve notes out of the black market; or am I being too cynical.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join