It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: US to remove North Korea from terror blacklist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

AP: US to remove North Korea from terror blacklist

kevxml2a .verizon.net

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration plans to remove North Korea from a terrorism blacklist on Saturday after getting assurances the Stalinist nation has agreed to a plan to inspect its nuclear facilities, The Associated Press has learned.
President Bush signed off on the move on Friday in a bid to salvage a faltering accord aimed at getting the North to abandon atomic weapons, according to diplomats briefed on the matter.

The removal is provisional and North Korea will be put back on the State Department's "state sponsors of terrorism" list if it doesn't comply with the inspections, they said. The diplomats spoke on condition of anonymity because the administration has not yet announced the step.

The expected delisting comes as North Korea moves to restart a disabled nuclear reactor and takes other provocative actions, including expelling U.N. inspectors and test firing missiles, that have heightened tensions and threaten the shaky disarmament agreement
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This caught my eye, Im not really sure about this new proposal by the braintrust that inhabits our current goverment. I dont trust them and I dont see this as a means to an end. The minute one of the UN weapons inspectors gets too nosy Mr Kim Jong Il is going to have a hissy fit and curse the world and kick the UN out of North Korea and threaten the world. Of course this is my own opinion but I just dont see this being an effective way to deal with him and his goverment, I love this country but we need to stop getting involved in everybodys affairs. We have our own problems to fix and I know we all can agree on that.

kevxml2a .verizon.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
NK off THE list...?!

Well, one way to interpret this is we have pissed off soooo many idfferent countries we may be trying to improve our image...

But I don't know if taking THIS country off the list is the right move...time will tell, but this is quite a surprise.

Good find C!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good find? It was on bbcnews24 lol.

Anyway, it is more likely, Washington cannot afford to have any conflict with NK, not while they plan to attack Iran with everything they got. So the current aggressive behaviour of NK, has made the US decide to back down on NK, while they deal with Iran and possibly Syria.

Once they deal with Iran and Syria (assuming they get that far of course), they will divert attention back to NK and trying to keep them in check.

Plus they know, unlike Iran, NK has nukes in its arsenal, so it is more of a wise choice to leave them alone, than provoke a terrible incident that could escalate to a global incident.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Hmmm...I'm not so sure that's the wisest move.
While the US can't afford to deal with NK, it can't afford to deal with Iran, and as far as I'm concerned, Iran is a more prodominant thread because of the harboring of terrorism such as Al Qaeda. I haven't heard the the network is in North Korea.

I think it'd be a lot wiser for us to check Iran, than Korea, mainly because the threat Korea poses, while real, is not as realistic. A missile making it from the Asian East Coast to the American West Coast isn't as likely as a terrorist coming into the country with a suitcase bomb, or Iran backstabbing our forces in Afghanastan or Iraq.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Didn't Bush just declare us under some sort of national state of emergency due to the nuclear threat posed by North Korea in late July? And now this? The political flip-flops continue...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That could be, but would be less logical, it's much more difficult to stop someone with a suitcase, than it would be to stop a missile over 2000 miles away. I'm sure you see the logic.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
That could be, but would be less logical, it's much more difficult to stop someone with a suitcase, than it would be to stop a missile over 2000 miles away. I'm sure you see the logic.

LOOOOL

LOOOOL

Maybe one more; LOOOOL

That you think Iran has developed suitcase nukes (when they have yet to develop convetional nukes) makes me laugh hard. Any suitcase nuke ever going off in the US will have a "made in Israel" sticker on it (of course there will be no evidence once it is detonated rofl). False flag operations are the order of the day when it comes to frameing the next war target.

NK is a bigger threat than Iran or Syria, since they have real nukes capable of reaching the US via a balistic missile. Iran is only gonna get hammered, because Israel is the only nuclear power in the middle east, they wish to keep it that way at any cost. America is Israels bitch, so they have to do as told like good little boys rofl.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I never used the word DEVELOPED in my posts saf. Why don't you do a little more reading before you put words in my mouth next time. So, you assume just because they don't develop them, that terrorists operating within Iran don't have them? That's a foolish assumption.

So, you mean to tell me, that a possible threat from a suitcase nuke, from Al Qaeda is less of a risk than a balistic missile launch across an ocean? Why is that exactly?

[Edit]
I want to add, that while it is somewhat unlikely that they acquired said weapons through Israel (due to the relationship), it is still possible. The argument has nothing to do with who supplied the weapons right now, but who is more likely to pose a threat.

Also, taking into account of ICBM's...I'm willing to say both are of equal threat, still I will continue to say that (back on topic) removal of Korea from the list isn't the best move.

[edit on 12.10.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh this makes so much sense.
Another winner from the bush administration it appears. I just saw on the news this past Friday that NK had 10 missiles on the ready for a test and now that news has mysteriously disappeared and has been replaced by this. Hmmmmm.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by princeofpeace]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

I think chapter 29 is simply saying it was a good find among recent topics that could raise some eyebrows and speculation, Yeah I didnt not have to search for this story, It was right there on my homepage and I figured that out ATS family may want to bask in its glory

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Anyone with an ounce of sense knows, the war on terror is fabricated by the NWO, why? Because they can take away all your liberties, freedom and rights, in the name of your safety and personal interest against these mythical terrorists.

Do you think a real terrorist organisation, would call themself literally "The Toilet" that is what Al Qaeda roughly translates to from Arabic to English. Al Qaeda is nothing more than CIA covert ops. The name is a joke, they are laughing hard everytime people hear it rofl.

Also who mentioned Iranians buying a suitcase nuke from Israel? I was talking about a flase flag operation, which the CIA will most likely carry out, possibly with Mossad help etc.

Finally, if your implying Iran has nukes already, just not the capability to develop them thereself. Why would the US be so willing to attack or invade, knowing this? They would not be stupid enough, so it is pretty safe to say Iran has not aquired any on the black market, if it has the US and Israel, is in for some white hot suprise in retaliation.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

If North Korea is part of the 'axis of evil' and it has been kicking the nuclear inspectors out of it's country (etc etc) ... so why now are we removing them from the 'terror blacklist'?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Does that mean they shouldn't have been on the list to begin with?
Or did someone in the State Dept get paid off?
Or what .....?????

I can't keep up with the shadow gov'ts and bildebergers anymore.
They are moving too fast these days to keep tabs on. UGH.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Saf85

I haven't watched bbc in some time, and regardless, it's a good find to me because I had not found this info yet...

Zip it dude...

Back to OP...

Good find...

top topics

join