It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin guilty of abusing her power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

"I find that Governor Sarah Palin abused her power by violating Alaska Statute 39.52.110 (a) of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act," investigator Steve Branchflower concluded in the panel's 263-page report.

Source

Well, well, well.

How will this effect the election?

How does this reflect on McCain's decision making?

Did McCain's camp know these details and take a chance that they would come out after the election or have Palin and her posse been hiding/distorting the truth from even her own party?

The McCain camp have already released their own report that says the there was no abuse of power.

The McCain campaign on Thursday issued its own report, written by its staff, stating that the Alaska governor was not guilty of any wrongdoing.
"The following document will prove Walt Monegan's dismissal was a result of his insubordination and budgetary clashes with Governor Palin and her administrators," campaign officials wrote. "Trooper Wooten is a separate issue."

But remember that on the panel there where 10 Republicans and 4 Democrats

[edit on 10/10/08 by Horza]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Personally I think that this must break the back of the McCain campaign.

Correct decision or not, there is less than 1 month till election and this kind of thing will take much longer than that to dissapate.

Her reputation, already sitting on a knife edge, could very well be damaged beyond repair for this election.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What makes people think that Alaskan Republicans would be friendly to Palin? She took out a sitting Republican in her quest for the Governors office. Maybe they were his cronies? There are alot of RINO's out there.

This is like Bush firing certain U.S. Attorney's that served at his discretion. Either you can fire someone or you can't. It is my understanding that Palin had full authority to fire this person, just like Bush had full authority to fire the United States Attorneys.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That all may be the case ... but it doesn't change that fact that this was a bi-partisan panel.

Also, my point above was that, right or wrong, the findings may very well re-ignite the serious doubts America has about Palin ... and if they ignite again then they will burn brighter than before.

The McCain camp simply cannot afford ANY more back pedalling

top topics

join