It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Deleted - Double Post

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Your cause would be the relentless pursuit of gun ownership and ignoring the moral implications, specifically your viewpoint that it is somehow OK for people requiring antipsychotic medication to forgo this medication in order to keep their gun licence.

Dooper's post was not sarcastic. You know this, I know this. In any case, is it right to make light of such tragedies? Not cool. I find it more worrying that you claim to be a doctor yet share the same disregard as he does for human life. Might want to google Harold Shipman on that one....

I've said all I can to you Truthtellist, your arguments are weak and you claw at pointless, irrelevant scraps. The only other person to agree with you os Dooper, and well, that says it all really.

I hope we can agree on something on another thread, but until then I'm through with arguing with you.

Edit - Harold Shipman

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Why are you so mean to me?

I would never say to anyone what you have said to me and about me.

"specifically your viewpoint that it is somehow OK for people requiring antipsychotic medication to forgo this medication in order to keep their gun licence."

-THREE times now,you have referenced the thread wherein I note that I have always reminded my patients of ALL the ramifications that come with whatever medication is prescribed - They have a right to make an informed decision.

Do you also believe I not should tell them about the side-effects?

Warn about common contraindications?

*Please get back to be when you want to discuss how terrifying American patriotism is. Until then, stop picking on me. The mods already asked you to stop . You are getting far too personal.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

I apologise, that was a bit too far.

But like you did with Dooper, I could put it down to sarcasm. It was to illustrate a point.

Again I apologise.

Back to Patriotism. How about we agree to disagree about guns and discuss the central thread of Patriotism.

My original post illustrated the similarities between Patriotism and Nationalism and how, to me, I can see some similarities with pre world War II Germany.

I think there is a very fine line between nationalism and Patriotism. I remember George Bush running as a 'War President', which amazes me in this day and age. John McCain was quoted with the whole bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran in the initial stages of his campaign (is this the right attitude for a future world leader?

The whole 'USA USA' mindless chanting and flag waving whenever anything is mentioned is remeniscant of the Nuremberg Rallies.

These are just my opinion, I am not comparing Patritism to Nazism, I am illustrating the fine lines between right wing nationalism and too muh Patriotism.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Fictional device? Your ignorance is exceeded only by your capacity for BS.

The human body uses scalar electromagnetic energy, and if you ever did any outside reading, you'd realize just how much you do not know. I don't suppose you've heard of the priests who are able to concentrate some of this scalar EM energy and accomplish odd things.

Initially, our plasma device was verified by a large reputable forensic laboratory as violating known physics, until we pointed out that this is permissible if the Bohren effect is the mechanism. And by the way, plasma, being the fourth state of matter has the ability to convert transverse electromagnetic waves into scalar electromagnetic waves. You can start yourself, right there.

As far as my concern for life, it's much higher than yours. I actually have done the hard things to enable peaceful life, and not just for myself.

Jacking your jaw somehow doesn't get it done. Like most things worth doing in life, you've got the talkers and you've got the do'ers. You're all talk.

In a state of anarchy, people group together. If you approached, the first thing the rest of us would want to know is what you bring to the group. Since jaw-jacking isn't a valuable skill, you'd be excluded. I'm not going to feed you, I'm not going to defend you, and you would be just another huge liability.

And I'll say it again. If folks are too foolish to defend themselves, then they fall first, and that's nature's way of culling the herd. Natural selection. This too, is a scientific concept, and again, one I'm sure that's way over your head. You may want to put down your book, "The Moral Superiority of Pacifists," and do some outside reading.

And when it comes to the sciences, you are really, really . . . ignorant.

In the immortal words of Mr. T, "Fool!"

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Who says i'm a pacifist?
I also have a Masters of Science degree.

Don't make assumptions, as for moral superiority, you've been lording it over everyone throughout this thread.

The point is, this device of yours proves that there is no need for handguns as you claim you can defend yourself with this. That was the original argument wasn't it?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

While I am educated i am unaware of this device.

Can't know everything eh!?

Please provide a link so I can further research it.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Do you have one?
Why do I always have to ask you these questions more than once in order to get an answer?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Of course he doesn't have one, its all theoretical neutrino physics by the sounds of it.

And priests can do it apparently, so why the need for the equipment. Sounds like some kinda psy-ops crap.

www.prahlad.org...

think this website sums it up...

Classed as a pseudoscience, in otherwords BS!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So the gun nuts need guns to protect themselves from stuff. When it is pointed out that most of that stuff will defeat their guns, they then resort to talking about a made up weapon they do not own. Interesting logic there.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

There you go again. Yes, we have two different types of devices, which we are "playing" with. The plasmas device is a crystal vacuum tube six inches by eighteen inches. A bit unwieldy, but is sufficient for research and testing. If you want one, do your own research, spend a few hundred thousand, and build your own.

You have to make your own cathode, and determine just the right mix of beryllium, lithium, titanium, aluminum, magnesium, and this other element. Since they won't mix properly when casting, you'' have to mix them as powder and press it.

We have a third device that is reversed, which will completely heal a shattered, crushed elbow within two weeks. So far, we've reversed one macular degeneration, one lung cancer, one leukemia, one smokers hack, one skin cancer, and one crushed disc. We just don't know too many friends that are ill. Oh. Yes. We haven't had a cold or the flu in four years. It apparently stimulates rapid cellular dedifferentiation, and oddly, time-pumps damaged or mutated cells, while destroying infectious and degenerative diseases. So far.

This has been an ongoing project by several people for twelve years. We all have jobs like everyone else, so its an expensive hobby. Often when you make a small discovery, quite by accident, you find an entire hallway of other doors open.

Harm and benefit are interchangeable.

And hell no, we aren't sharing the dedifferentiation device either. You just modify to reverse the effect, and it becomes the weapon.

Why maintain the conventional weapons? Hell, they're fun!

But, you're all correct. This is all made up. I don't know what in the hell I'm talking about, and you guys are the experts.

Congratulations.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

So why would you spend all these pages crying about how important your precious right to bear arms is when you have these weapons to take care of any and all attacks? I see you now say that arms are just for fun. Well then why are you so worried about your right to have a gun when you have this special NON GUN weapon to take care of everything for you?

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Don't worry about it. I want my guns because I enjoy my several weapons, some are family heirlooms that are still shooters, I was born with the right to use my weapons, my Bill of Rights verifies that right to my guns, my right to defend myself using any means legal, including my guns, and nobody will ever take them away.

I carry a concealed .45 Kimber Ultra CDP II, as it's very lightweight, very concealable, and very effective. You don't have to like it, you don't have to understand it. But as it is, you have to accept it.

Gas now is three dollars a gallon. I also have 1967 427 Corvette that gets about eight miles per gallon. I don't need it either. But it's mine. And I enjoy it too.

You don't get it, you never will, and I don't care.

The only difference between us is that I'm a realist, and you aren't. Just wait until you meet reality face to face. Unarmed.

Luck.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

So now you just want your guns? I thought that you needed this right to have them to protect yourself. I got that idea from pages and pages and pages of you saying just that. Now suddenly that I have poked a gaping hole in your little story, you just have them beause you like to. Hey, whatever your reason is, is your business but you do need to realize that changing your argument this far in just makes you look stupid. You cannot spend days claiming you MUST have this right to bear arms, then say you have a future space weapon that defeats ANYTHING so you just have guns because you like guns. If you expect anyone reading this thread to think anything other than that you are an idiot, then you need to go back and try reading the claptrap you have been posting on this thread for days now and see how it lines up with your new little story. You are right, I do not get it. I do not get stories that change so drastically, nor do I get any weapon that can defeat ANYTHING.

I do think it is cute that you have changed your argument completely though. So I guess now you can admit that you do not NEED the right to bear arms. You have guns because you want them, but if you really need to protect yourself, you have your space weapon. So if guns were banned, it would not be that big a deal as far a protection goes, it would just make you made cuz you likes you your guns right?

[edit on 10/19/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Look. It's hard to tote around and conceal a six-inch diameter, eighteen inch long plasma tube.

As I said earlier, that stuff is work in progress over the past several years, just has interesting capabilities. You know, like a hobby? The side benefit is that my family doesn't get sick. You have a problem with any of this? And if you think for a moment that this technology doesn't exist, you need to do a bit of research yourself. God, but I hate ignorance!

My firearms are enabled by my citizen rights under our Bill of Rights, yes, I do enjoy them, I want them, and there's few more that I hope someday to obtain. Because a firearm is just a tool. And no one tool does every job. There are short-range, quick-acquisition weapons, quick-acquisition-restricted space weapons, high power weapons, low impact weapons, sub-sonic weapons, scoped long range varmint weapons, scoped long range high-power weapons, on and on. A man can never have enough weapons. The right tool for the right job!

The story hasn't changed. You're life is apparently so meaningless that you want to nitpick for the sake of argument - because on the larger matter, you have no argument.

Patriots are not fanatics, and thus, no threat to the population under law. Gun owners are not fanatics, and no threat to the population under law.

Only those who would take aggressive, unlawful action are at risk.

He who would awake must first cease to dream.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Same type of patriotism happened in Germany too.. were headed down the same path it seems.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

So you cannot make up your mind whether or not you NEED the right to bear arms or just like it?

I can tell you are confused. That is how they like it.

We are gonna take away free speech..
what about my guns?
No.
ok
Habius Corpus gone...
my guns?
No.
ok
and so on and so forth.

You worry about your guns while they steal every other right from under your nose. Then when they come with gas and bioweapons and teams of armed and armored men and vehicles, you better hope your little plasma tube works for you because it will be all you have once you have let them take every other right we have.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Point blank... criminals will get firearms. I will not be disarmed an neither should any other responsible American. Drugs are smuggled into this country by the TONS and there is no way that any criminal who wants a weapon (and guess what, they are not buying them legally at the gun shop) will get a weapon.

Who Has Illegal Guns and How Are They Acquired?

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

DOES GUN CONTROL REDUCE CRIME OR DOES CRIME INCREASE GUN CONTROL? Cato Journal

The authors find that right-to-carry laws reduce violent crime rates, the reductions are greater in counties with proportionally higher urban populations, and the laws afford relatively greater protection to minorities and women. The latter groups are precisely those that are disproportionately victimized by violent crimes. Furthermore, Lott and Mustard find that criminals substitute nonconfrontational crimes such as burglary, auto theft, and larceny for robbery and assault. Under concealed weapons laws, the latter crimes involve an increased probability of confronting an armed private citizen. Thus, right-tocarry laws increase the risk to criminals of being injured or killed during a crime and thus generate a deterrent effect. Indeed, casual evidence suggests that merely brandishing a gun deters criminals.

www.allbusiness.com...

GUN CONTROL FLOPS

The gun-control movement is in trouble across the globe. From Britain to Australia to Canada, promises of lower crime rates due to gun control have turned into a reality of sharp increases in crime.

Take the United Kingdom, where violent crime has been soaring. Britain has already banned just about every type of weapon a criminal might want. Handguns were outlawed in 1997, and nearly all other firearms (even BB guns) are heavily regulated. Yet gun crime in England and Wales nearly doubled in the four years following the ban. Overall violent crime soared by 118 percent. The violent crime rate in England and Wales now stands at twice the rate of the U.S.

Other English-speaking countries that followed Britain's lead in limiting gun ownership have nothing to show for it either. In Australia, violent crime rose dramatically after the "Port Arthur" gun-control measures banned most firearms in 1996. Violent crime rates averaged 32 percent higher in the six years after the law passed, compared to the year before the law went into effect. Armed robbery increased by 74 percent. Australia's violent crime rate is also now double that of the U.S.

www.allbusiness.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
American patriotism is awesome. While Americans wave their red, white and blue flags just know that we can wave any flags that we chose. Everyday on these boards I read posts saying everything but how take take down the American government, and every once and a while that might not even be true. Are they being dragged out of their homes? Are they being thrown secret prisons? No, and they shouldn't be. People have the right to make up their own minds, that is how democracy works.

Is American perfect? No. This is a country being run by humans and humans by nature are not perfect.

Today the economy and the presidential elections dominate the news. The presidential elections will be over in a month and some change. The economy fluctuates. America is right today, and wrong tomorrow. Today America has made it's self an easy target. Who knows what tomorrow will hold.

Patriotism. In America after 9/11 (regardless of what you think happened) patriotism brought us together. The country had suffered, together. Patriotism is what had brought us together. Patriotism today is no different than it was then. It's what bonds us together as a country.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

OK. I'll try to make this real simple.

A guy can never have too many:

Guns

Electronic gadgets

Power Tools

Sports Cars

Fishing Gear

Female acquaintances with questionable moral character

That's it!