It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

You really think that guns are the only thing that we have to keep us safe from tyranny? What happens when they use gas, poison, nukes, any of that stuff. Do you just give up? I sure hope that we have more than just one thing to keep us free.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

We've all seen massacres. And each time, the dead dumbasses were unarmed. Every single time. One single person, time and again, having the only gun on the premises, carefully and slowly takes out his vengeance or whatever, on fives, tens, or more of unarmed cattle.

And if you ever find yourself on the receiving end of a senseless massacre, in those last few moments of your life, ask yourself if you now had a gun, and had taken time to be very proficient with it, would you stop that SOB from killing you?

The truth is, no. You wouldn't have the guts or moral resolve. And that's nature's way of saying, "you shouldn't breed."

Why don't you tell that to the kids that were massacred in Columbine..Dumblane...Finland to name but a few? Dumbasses? Don't you have any respect? These people have a right to be able to go to school without packing a glock in their lunchboxes.
All it takes is one nutter with a gun.
With the kind of attitude you have I seriously hope you're not armed.
Worrying.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

"With the kind of attitude you have I seriously hope you're not armed. "

You Can bet he is armed, and I have already thanked him for it.

He cares about you and me. He uses brutal sarcasm to remind us.
Stop it with the ad hominem attacks, there is no need for it. So please find a way to make your point without attacking,slandering or diagnosing the contributing members - even if you disagree with them...

One day you will wish you had a gun, not for revenge but for defense.

Just having it won't make you use it anymore than having a knife or a baseball bat has caused you to kill anyone.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

That wasn't sarcasm. There is a difference between being sarcastic and being borderline psychotic.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa

Mate, on behalf of all the fallen Diggers and currently serving ANZAC's, let me be the first to say GET STUFFED!

You just completely discounted the massive efforts and losses that Australian, New Zealand and other countries armies made in the South Pacific in WWWII. Way to alienate your allies, arse wipe!

All in the name of "patriotism". Pathetic.

Don't ruin the myth for them. Sadly, it's all some of them have got left because the reality of the American Dream hasn't really bore the fruit that they were told it would have.

I say that 'Man-to-Man', as it were. Nice avatar.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This short comic is an excellent analogue respective to the paradigm of the unpatriot gun-grabbers on this thread - those who would disarm you so as to make things easier for the rapists and robbers and yes.... even governments....

And this one is for people who think the they are better off when their government disarms them (but not the criminals, disarming you makes WORK easier for them and Safer too!). Not to mention it indicates a common excuse used by gun-grabbers and those with gun-phobia (the irrational fear of guns, even one locked in a safe).

This one is for those of you who are still in the UK:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Dunno but it seems apt to me that the pro gun lobby uses cartoons to get its point out. Must be so its nice and easy for the rest of the whoopin and a hollerin NRA crowd to memorize and repeat.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

"Must be so its nice and easy for the rest of the whoopin and a hollerin NRA crowd to memorize and repeat. "

I already asked you to stop it with the Ad Homenim attacks. Again; please stop insulting myself and the other members.

I'm from Canada - No NRA. So stop making up lies and stop slandering us. At least come up with a better response than to attack the cartoons I posted for the enjoyment of the other members. A picture is worth a thousand words etc..

You might be young and able to defend yourself, but a man my age can be killed by a single punch quite easily. Rapes occurr when a women is over powered or threatened with a weapon. Robberies occur when the robber is armed and you are not.

Guns are an equalizer. Misuse one and you go to jail. Don't have one to use at all and you might die or get raped or robbed and then your wife and daughter get done the same.

I've seen whole villages in Korea wiped out by a dozen men - 200, 300 people , unarmed peasant farmers rounded up and killed. If each village a had a dozen armed and trained men, many of the massacres perpetrated by the Communists would never have occurred.

Most people who own guns legally keep them in safes. That's what we do in Canada- We have 8 million legal guns but they are all in the hands of people trained to use them, as our government forces you to get trained in order to purchase one now. That was clever of them.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Cartoons are hardly a valid source of information, that was my main point. Why are gun owners so scared all the time? most rapes occur from people women know, not crazed drugged up strangers with aids as the gun crowd constantly seem to be shouting.

www2.tbo.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist

I already asked you to stop it with the Ad Homenim attacks. Again; please stop insulting myself and the other members.

It's hard when you support a poster (Dooper) that calls massacre victims dumbasses and cattle for not having guns. That they deserved it because they're dumb enough they shouldn't be able to breed (Which was inferred!)That's an insult to myself and everyone else on here with a shred of human decency.

Edit - name and inference

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Fact remains that whether guns get banned or not, more potentially dangerous situations are created by not banning weapons.

After all, the easier certain weaponry is available, the easier it becomes to utilize it.

Not all criminals are people with access to guns, many for example, are kids just stealing something, that when caught, may resort to kicking / stabbing rather than shooting with guns.

As for "self-defense at home". Pistols are not the only method of self defense, hell, I have enough supplies at home to ninja the perpetrator into submission.

Though I do not really have the feeling that I have anything to fear in my country. It's been a long time since I've seen reports of horrible stuff happening in cases of burglary or w/e.

Last thing I remember was that at our school, someone got threatened by a boy with a knife. He got laughed at, and he failed hard. Noone got injured.

Though regardless of the opinions whether banning is good or not, there is one problem.
This has been going on for a while now, so by now there's a crapload of weapons floating around in the US. How do you want to ban those?

p.s:
I guarantee that some of my home-made stuff is potentially more dangerous than firearms, so banning them would not stop people like me (Or those of columbine) from making custom explosives / projectiles.

edited: Added an example and another point.

Also, in some countries guns are banned but you are still allowed to have one if you are for example, member of a shooting range. (Specific weaponry only)

[edit on 13/10/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

"That's an insult to myself and everyone else on here with a shred of human decency. "

Wow, so supporting Gun rights now equates to and insult against you?

Why, because a member named Dooper (whom you disagree with) is also pro gun?

In any case, You've once against made up a lie and used another pair of Ad Hom attacks against myself and Dooper.

"Which was inferred" - a posteriori and by you nonetheless. Stop lying. Stop it with the personal attacks.

Start arguing using facts, it is your thread afterall - unless you created it so you could provoke and attack Constitutionalists....

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Wow there gramps, easy now!
Where are all these lying accusations coming from? Because I don't agree with you I am a liar? Please read the last couple of posts properly. Particularly Dooper's post which you earlier defended.
easy now!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I think you'll find it was this post where you defend Dooper's statement.
Don't call me a liar gramps. Your mind is getting the better of you...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
OP,

You say you are worried about people who are blindly patriotic...

..Why then are you so worried about taking away the very guns that protect and ensure the Right to be blindly unpatriotic?

You do see the contradiction don't you?

Take for instance your worst nightmare, The American Militia:

They are patriotic, but not in the way the Average TV-taught American is.

Their patriotism comes from their Loyalties the Constitution and Bill Of Rights - Not the president, not the Government, but the People and wish to ensure their Rights and Freedoms. The Right to dissent for example, and therefore not just be"Blindly Patriotic" because the alternatives are just too dangerous.

*Edit: "Wow there gramps, easy now!"

"Don't call me a liar gramps. Your mind is getting the better of you..."

-This is what I want you to stop; Treating people like this. It is indecent and disrespectful of you. I am a Veteran (Korea) and a Semi-Retired Doctor, but I would understand if that doesn't mean anything to you. In fact, feel free to lambast me for it, and don't forget to add some snide remark about my age.

I would never treat a person the way you have treated myself and the other members who have contributed to this thread.

I will no longer be able to view your posts. Good Day to You!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I also notice you have went back and edited your posts to refer to my further posts. Not cool!
If you can't make your point honestly, don't bother at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

You've done it again! Stop going back and completely changing your previous posts to undermine my argument!!

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Time Out

Read these.

Terms and Conditions

No more bickering please. Debate the subject matter and not the poster.

If you feel a need to attack the poster, then walk away and do not post.

The subject of this thread is "American Patriotism Terrifies Me". Lets get back to it please.

[edit on 13/1008/08 by neformore]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Those of you who support gun control have friends in high places.....like the atrocity known as the UN

Hope you're happy.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Constitutional Scholar]

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join