It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
intresting thread...
CUT...
When i was young, i moved out of the USA, and lived in a crappy 3rd world hell hole... Now, Uber-Anti-Americas get mad at the mention of the word, 3rd world, mostly because they have never been to one...
But go live in a country that has a Socilist Totalitarian regime in charge
Go live in a town where there is 3 million people and 50 cops
go live in a town where every store has an bodyguard with a shotgun and bulletproof gear
Once you have lived in a 3rd world hell-hole, yuo realise all the little things that you have taken for granted here in the USA.
So if your a gun-hater, bible-hating, Member of the Anti-America party crowd... Have fun, i know there is alot of you...
Just remember, when your ass is in trouble, its going to be the people that you HATE that are going to save you...
The people who belive in God and Guns are going to save those that don't... again...

Ha! Absolutely frickin' right! Eldridge Cleaver one of the founders of the Black Panthers (wow... dated myself there) left the US only to return & say much the same as you did above. Check him out...
Much of what I write is immediately taken to be anti-USA. Nonsense! You have to listen to what the person is saying/writing & not get emotional. The OP started a thread that to me is exactly what Jesus preached. Watch out for that "patriotism"... it will be the death of us all. Now about the guns & Jesus position that many argue and by which many live... All I can say is that the Jesus story doesn't work without the "resurrection"... life after death part as fact not fiction. This isn't the thread to go that way... so... I stop here. Final thought is that on a conspiracy forum y'all might want to consider that all conflicts are contrived by TPTB with the thugs at the top benefitting from all the misery and chaos inflicted upon the slaves.

Good post TKainZero... needed to be said.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

NO, it was just an example... a made up example. Based on nothing but common sense... thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Like what kind of distinction??? Is there like some kind of small print just below where is states... thow shall not kill... on if it says both animals and humans?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I ain't no kid thanks... hey MMA bro

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Patriotism is a tool that divides, sets up sides and can be the downfall of whole nations if they are led by the wrong person, be it a president, zsar or prime minister. Im a scotsman and a patriot, but like so many of my fellow brethren I would not be led by corrupt politicians whether they sit in Edinburgh or whitehall. I evidence this point by reminding everyone that we the scots were the downfall of Margaret Thatcher and her poll-tax.

I love my country dearly but that can never be areason for blindly following a leader who means harm to our nation or our country.

Can i remind everyone that we are also a "world community" and the threats that face America just now are also facing many of us in many nations world wide. Maybe if we all looked at ourselves as being patriotic to this earth we live on with as much zeal as we do our countries we would not be in the mess we are in today.

As far as guns are concerned, I wish we had them because we are surely going to need them soon. We must use this time to learn from each other, support each other and prepare each other. A NWO threat is just exactly that, a threat to everyone no matter where we live. Start looking at the bigger picture and not that corner of the earth you live on, its our only hope of winning. Being united as a spieces is not what the PTB want, why? because they wouldnt have a hope in hell in reaching their goals if we all stood together.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousFinger

Like what kind of distinction??? Is there like some kind of small print just below where is states... thow shall not kill... on if it says both animals and humans?

You shall not murder.

Think that about covers it...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

move back to alaska if you dont like texas commie

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I ain't part of any "World Community" pal... I didn't go fight in Iraq for any World Community!!! I ain't picking up a rifle again for any government ever again. The next time I do... it's going to be for my own benefit this time.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousFinger

What? No reply 'bro'? Thanks for playing anyway!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Ok, then if it states murder then how is protecting ones self murder?

Maybe you should just leave bible stuff alone for awhile...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You don't need to kill to protect yourself.

maybe you should leave the thinking to other people for now

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

What country are you from?

And you refer to America like the Nazi's, Who's land have we taken. We gave France, Germany, Spain, Italy, soon Iraq..............on so on there land back. So what is your basis for the comparison?

Nazi's tried to take it, we stopped it.

As i guess a patriot i am proud of that record! and of those who died to do it!

Technically we done just "take it" we buy it, we own more entities in the world than any other country other than Great Britain, we are being smarter than Hitler in taking over the world by not blatantly forcing it on the people, but rather by subtly inducing it over a longer period of time, through economic/business/agressive means but as you said, we don't just "take their land", we take their money now.

He is basing this comparison(probably the best comparison of our countries current state these days) on the idea that 90% of citizens in Germany never knew what was about to happen before ww2, they all were thinking they were "Securing their homeland" just like us, by moving out and securing their enemies before they attack the 'motherland'

homeland security? Homeland was a nazi term along with fatherland etc. Hitler also used a faked attack on his own people(it was a real attack but perpetrated by nazi's against their own people) in order to get his entire country, every man woman and child, on his side. They all did so willingly. I mean, its pretty obvious Hitler and Bush use the same tactics to get their people to bow down to them.

Here is an example:

“An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland.”
-Adolf Hitler, when announcing to Gestapo to the people.

Bush is also quoted:

“An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland.”
-George W. Bush

Now, does that not scare anyone when you read that they used the same sentences, word for word? The idea of protecting your people by pushing out and attacking the enemy at their soil is retarded, this only starts more wars, the best protection is to secure your soil, and pushing out to attack on others land just spreads out thin number of armed forces further...

I mean don't get me wrong, I love this country more than the average person, but I'll be damned if I follow bush into war, the number of civilians killed in Iraq makes us more of terrorists than anyone else... I feel strongly for this country but if history repeats itself and this time muslims are the target, then I will not be a part of it.

I'm just one of those people that absolutely hates "Hipocracy"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MaynardisGod

Thank you!

Someone gets it!

This is not an anti-amercian thread, i'm jus highlighting the similarities between nationalism seen prior to WWII and Patriotism that i see in America just now!

edit - typo

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumJunkie
Handgun crime 'up' despite ban

news.bbc.co.uk...

hmmmm, what else happened in the late 90's that may have contributed to gun crime in the UK, oh yeah, thats right, a whole bunch of terrorists called a ceasefire and didn't need their guns anymore, shockingly, gun crime of all types has gone up since.

supply of unregistered, illegal, guns has become higher, price has thus come down and accessibility has increased. legally held guns are not part of the same equation. criminals have no use for legally held, traceable, guns.

the handgun ban is pretty unlikely to have caused an increase in gun crime due to a fear factor reduction as there was never a large number of hand gun owners in the UK. it's not as if criminals were afraid to commit crime in case the person had a gun.

EDIT
h yeah, the thread topic, IMHO patriotism and nationalism are really the same thing, in the same way that shock and awe is the same as blitzkrieg. american patriotism doesn't bother me in the slightest, the thing that scares the bejesus out of me is that there seems to be a large proportion of americans who seem to believe "america" is the american government, not the american people.

[edit on 11/10/08 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Curious............ perhaps you should lay off the personal digs, and address the thread theme instead.
I ain`t no bodies MOD neither (spits wad of bacco out of mouth)

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It was more a point that you cna squeeze people as much as you want..And they will still get what they want. I'd say a gun charge is pretty stiff in the UK..Yet they are still getting them are they not?

Here's one from 07
August 26, 2007
Ministers 'covered up' gun crime

www.timesonline.co.uk...

June 28th, 2008

www.thaindian.com...

It sounds to me like people are willing to face a serious legal spanking to do as they see fit. People will bad mouth Americans that go out and legally buy guns for what ever reason they want one. There are controls to keep people from buying a gun legally..And we still get criminals getting them. But at least as an American I am willing to man up and say it happens. Other countries that regulate their people within an inch of their lives then say it don't happen here is a lie. Anyone saying it is not is also a liar or just plain stupid.

Americans are not near as stupid as what some others might want to believe. As stated in this thread earlier the ATS member list does not get close to an idea what the average American is like. We can love our country without loving how it is run. Many have become sheep and just want to get by. Most understand that 75% of the crap being spewed by the big two in the race will have no affect on them. They will still be working their asses off and barely making it by. What many here don't seem to remember ore know at all is the American Dream is alive in well.People can still rise above and have their piece of the pie. We hear stories all the time of someone that rises over adversity to live a life of their dreams. You can have whatever you want if you want it bad enough. The ones that say it can't be done have already bowed their heads and stop trying.

I know I know..Everyone hates us. Stop worrying about what we are doing and fix yourselves. We need to do a lot of that ourselves. And we will. American has been in some bad situations in our history. But more than once we as a nation have done what the rest of the world thought was impossible. We will get through it all and look back and hopefully not repeat the mistakes in our past.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

American Patriotism is 100x worse that WW2 Nazi Germany... in that we lack the hindsight to recognize our bullcrap, and you can chalk that up to the phy-ops brainwashing projects that have been running on our TV's since the 50's... oh, and CNN+FOX=Repulicans and Democrats left right paradigm.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join