It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Patriotism Terrifies me!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

A number of years ago, I got robbed THREE times, by some thugs that lived down the road. Reported it to the cops after the first two robberies and they did nothing. After the third time, I bought a gun, set up a target in the field next to my house and every afternoon at the time they drove up the road on their way home, I was out blowin' holes in that target. I never got robbed again.

Wouldn't an alarm or better door have been a simpler answer? How do you know it was the guys down the road?

You probably weren't robbed again because there was nothing left to take!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Black Market bro... who cares about gun laws. Its all for show anyways... it's just so some can keep their panties on in politics.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
reply to post by skeptic1

If no-one else had a gun, why would you need one? Why not take away your right to own one? What's next? Don't take away my right to own Inter continental Ballistic Missiles?

For a very good reason. You can take away the right to own a gun, but the problem still remains. Hell, can cut the arms off every man, woman and child on this planet and the problem would remain.

The problem is hate and the desire to kill. Take away guns and people will stilll kill with knives and swords. Take those away and people will kill with clubs. Then rocks. etc...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousFinger
reply to post by earthman4

Hey good for you guy... everyone give this man a cigar. You people have no idea how safe you are because of guns.

earthman just keep following the crowd budy... whatever.

I got a little scared and thought about seeing if my guns had rusted. I am going to stick with the crowd for a while but I might duck out when they appear to be headed over a cliff. I just want the world to know that it aint all wild west out here. 99% of us only see guns on cops .

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
CAN I PLEASE RE-ITERATE THAT THIS POST ISN@T ABOUT GUNS!!!
ITS AMAZING HOW GUNS AND PATRIOTISM SEEM TO BE SO INTERRELATED WITH YOU GUYS!!

This is about PATRIOTISM. Please stop posting about guns!!

Get back on topic!!

Sorrry buddy...

You brought guns up....
in your 2nd post...

AND, the right to gun ownership is one of the First and Foremost tenats of American Patriotism...

Have you ever even read the US constitution and Bill of rights?
Do you know what those 2 documents are???

You saound like you have no idea...

Guns and Patriotism go hand in hand...

the reason why you don't want to discuss one of them is because you hate both of them..

"Wouldn't an alarm or better door have been a simpler answer?"

Oh man... i got an idea.... how about you just have the ACLU on speed dial, and when someone breaks into your home, and intends to harm you or your family, call the ACLU... see what they do...

[edit on 10/11/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Gun owners kinda scare me aswell, like they need to over compensate for something, particularly the ones who cling onto the second ammendment like it was written yesterday - guns serve no purpose in a civilised society.

It's this kind of ignorance that terrifies me.

Just sayin...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Thus ends out discussion of guns and their roles in American patriotism. Some excellent points have been made. Now let us all go outside and shoot into the air in unison, just like the nuts abroad. Now lets all go inside to avoid the falling bullets.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Handgun crime 'up' despite ban

news.bbc.co.uk...

link   

Hey buddy! Why would a gun owner scare you? I've owned a gun for the better part of my life and how many people have I shot or threatened to shoot..... Zero! As with most gun owners. Your civilized society isn't always so civil. Besides I would say that for most owners it's almost like a hobby to collect or target practice or even for piece of mind. The criminals will get them regardless. I think that a computer used in the right way --or wrong way depending on how you look at it-- could be even more dangerous!

G

link   
I agree with the OP in that... yeah, the current atmosphere of Patriotism scares the crap out of me as well.

Just look at the dopes that McCain and Obama attract to those rally's, the sheer size of those crowds is what scares me... where do those people come from? It's sickening that those fools think government will save them...ahhhh I'm not even going to get into it, but for those of you that know what I mean... it's just typical isn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The people who belive in God and Guns are going to save those that don't... again...

Isn't one of the ten commandments 'thou shalt not kill'?

Seems kinda ironic that you associate God with Guns....

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazed
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Another point, in America in some places you can get a permit call "concealed carry", that means that yes, some Americans have guns in their purses or in hidden holsters on their body.

Yup..I have one..Good thing too. I was able to stop a man trying to drag off an elderly woman a few months ago. Found out her was wanted for multiple rape of old women. I live in the country and the cops are spread pretty thin around here. We have crime..Most of it being meth manufacture related. Makes people crazy..they want to do bad things.

Oh..and yes..the "bad guy" had a gun..A crappy little thing..but it was functional. no I didn't have to fire. I'm pretty happy about that.

[edit on 10/11/2008 by DrumJunkie]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Did David not kill Goliath with a sling shot and Gods help no less? Whats your point?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumJunkie
Handgun crime 'up' despite ban

news.bbc.co.uk...

This report is ten years old, referring to 1997 when handguns were banned in the UK.

What are the figures now? Anything up to date? A ban means future sale of weapons, these crimes were commited with guns that were already in circulation.

I would bet gun crime has dropped off since then.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks

And then there were the Koreans (think) that stood on the rooftops of their stores with guns in hand. Hmmmm, if I remember correctly, their stores were not ransacked and they didn't have to fire a shot.

A number of years ago, I got robbed THREE times, by some thugs that lived down the road. Reported it to the cops after the first two robberies and they did nothing. After the third time, I bought a gun, set up a target in the field next to my house and every afternoon at the time they drove up the road on their way home, I was out blowin' holes in that target. I never got robbed again.

Wow, I was really hoping someone would be stupid enough to miss the point yet again.

let me try to explain this slowly.

The point was made that....

Riots happend in France because it was a country without guns.

My point was that in the USA, a country with guns, riots DID indeed happen.

Individual stories about guys with guns protecting their store has nothing to do with the point.

They said the riots happend in France because there were no guns in france. Simply pointing out that this coutry has guns, as well as riots. Those koreans did nothing to stop the riotting did they? No. If this was about individual protection, that is different. The point was gunless countries = vulnerable to riots. I was pointing out that we are just as vulnerable to riots.

Please oh please people stop responding if you cannot grasp what you are responding to.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Did David not kill Goliath with a sling shot and Gods help no less? Whats your point?

Stick to reality dude. Luke Skywalker did not defeat Darth Vader...blah

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousFinger

Or what about David KILLING lions, and wolves to protect his sheep. You could also argue that the ten commandments has no clear definition on what not to kill... man and animal... If so that would mean hunters are sinner's... yes/no?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by MorningStar8741

It is just like that in the UK... exactly!!! If you have little miss muffet walking down the street at 2:00 am in south London or whatever, with a hand cannon in her purse, the thugs would think twice next time they attacked a woman... and I guarantee you the crime rate would go down.

So you are saying that as it stands now, the crime rate in the UK is insanely higher than that in the U.S.? Are women not safe to go outdoors at night in the U.K.?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousFinger

erm no... i'm pretty sure there is a distinction about killing other humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join