It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Financial Collapse - What Will Happen Next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Here is a brief summary of the events to unfold.

1. The Anglo-Saxon financial institutions will continue to haemorrhage as investors withdraw their funds and no longer refinance loans as they fall due. Many of the investors are foreigners who have lost confidence in investing in the Anglo-Saxon banking system.

2. The fall-out is impacting the European Union economies, resulting political and economic changes is how the way the EU is govern.

3. There will be a lack of confidence by the Asian countries in reinvesting in the Anglo-Saxon nations ­ the withdrawal of their capital will result in the collapse of the US dollar, British pound and other currencies depended on the carry trade, followed by national bankruptcy.

4. While Asia and European economies will survive and once-again prosper, the Anglo-Saxon nations will collapse into deep depression, poverty and social disintegration.

5. A new economic model will emerge, where the State replaces the private sector, exercising control over the population in how commercial activity is conducted.

Link to news source

We will shortly see the collapse of the economies and currencies of the USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. The speed of this collapse is catching many by surprise. It will happen once their overseas investors withdraw confidence in their economies and withdraw their capital. Without being able to roll over their loans there will be a collapse of their currencies and defaulting on their international debt obligations. They will be blamed for the economic crisis that has engulfed the globe, bringing the hatred of the whole world against them.

It will result in the Anglo-Saxon nations sink into abject poverty; their people face starvation, disease, famine, and abject poverty. Their people will suffer greatly, as their societies sink into anarchy, as law and order breaks down, and society collapses. Their nations will be taken over by their creditors as they try and recover their debts, and their people put into slavery. It will be a time of great suffering and tribulation to its people.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Even more of a reason to go outside and learn some survival skills.
Understandable if you can't do that first hand because of location but there are plenty of books to read about it.

Being self sufficient is always good.
And it has the perk of not having to deal with the (in my experience anyways) horrible stupidity of the general public or pay the government for their service in charging me money.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
i think some things have been taken way outta context

lol first of all, most of those "overseas investors" have NO NATIONALITY

we call them International Bankers, and they control most of the worlds wealth. they have the biggest investment portfolio on earth.

if anyone lost confidence in the western markets, it was the International Bankers, because they got pissed at us being free and talking bad on them. So they are gonna destroy us financially, as punishment for spitting on their godly kingly shoes.

and them withdrawing their funds (the biggest investment portfolio on earth) they are causing the crash

its actually a crime

and if we could convict them by trial for this, id plead for the death penalty
despite it may be too soft on them

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Even for those folks who live in croweded cities can do alot to survive a collapse of the economic system.

Go out and buy supplies, like dry goods, drinking water, batteries for radios and flashlights (I use the solar powered ones and hand crank generator radios). Buy extra sets of clothing, get a few 5 gallon gas cans and fill those up for your vehicle. Get a protable, 4 stroke generator, 1000 watt or higher, go to harbor freight and get 12 of the 1.5watt solar pannels with the cig lighter plug and daisy chain those in parallel so they will pump out some serious current and charge an array of 6 or more 12v batteries, or arrange them to charge and maintain 24 volt batteries, buy a good 4kw or higher, true sine wave DC to AC inverter.

Buy some 5 gallon or more propane tanks and a couple of camping stoves and a propane heater, and outdoor cooking supplies.

Its amazing that the typical bbq charcoal can sustain good heat in a crunch and is cheap. Stock up on that. Make a boiler and use charcoal so you can have a steam engine that can turn a generator to make power, or if your lucky and live near a good flowing river, make a paddle wheel assembly and tie that to a generator. If you live in windy areas, like I do, make plenty of wind generators using the same wind cups that the weather service uses to detect the speed of the wind. Those work good because they are horizontally mounted, have cups to catch the wind instead of propeller blades, and are easy to make from just about anything, cans, plastic cups for example.

There are documents and plans available so you can make your own water purification system that would run on very little energy, like those I described above. Some of those systems can also be used to make "Brown's Gas" and with some work, convert that protable generator to run on Browns gas instead of gasoline, at which point all you need is water for fuel.

This is but a small sample of what people can do to make it through a collapse and not have to depend on the very ones that caused the problem and expect them to bail you out of it and take care of you..because they wont.

Now repeat after me..."Google is my friend".. and start "googling" for topics like "survial tips", "home made generators", "Browns Gas", "steam engines", "water purification", and start preparing before its too late!!!

Im glad I done all this 20 years ago, and am well prepared and ready for this alledged collapse. All I have to do is flip a switch and my home is 100 percent self sustaining. I have solar energy, wind energy, steam energy, browns gas generators, tons of dry goods and stored drinking water, so many extra sets of clothing for each member of my family and then some, LED lighting throughout the home, solar heated water, a custom built 48 volt DC power system that cranks out over 2,700 amps in current, all charged by solar, wind and steam, the steam engine is fired by using charcoal or wood and has aproximately 15Hp rating and can turn the 4kw generator with about half the load, and a custom built true sine wave DC to AC inverter that can push 8kw easy.

Oh, and plenty of snow during the winter months to collect, let melt and then run through the purifiers and wala, restock of fresh drinking water.

Plus adding to all this, the knowledge of hunting, fishing, making clothing, shelter out of materials in the surroundings, and knowing how to make tools and hunting weapons with natural materials all around me.

Each member of my family, including the little ones, knows how to do these things and knows the technical aspect of it as well.

Combine old techniques of the days of the horse and buggy and unique techniques of the modern era, and you got a great combination to survial in a crisis.

Good luck.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
www.newmogul.com...

From Peter Schiff's weekly email:

The Beginning of the End
October 10, 2008

...In the end, by refusing to allow market forces to work their cure, our economy will inevitably die from the disease. Our economy will now face death by hyperinflation, which will cause a complete loss of confidence in the dollar and result in prices and interest rates skyrocketing out of sight. The evaporation of our national wealth will lead to civil unrest, food and energy shortages, and the possible imposition of marshal law. If such a scenario unfolds, what is left of our Constitution will surely be completely shredded...

-- Peter Schiff is the President, Founder and Chief Global Strategist for Euro Pacific Capital. He is widely acknowledged as a expert in international markets, and in global economic strategy. He is a speaker at all the major investment conferences. He is regularly featured on CNBC and Bloomerg TV , and often quoted in the Wall Street Journal, Barron's, New York Times, the Financial Times, Investors Business Daily, and many others.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ahahahahaha listen to the crazy man talk about a coming recession, listen to them slam him for sexsim saying families need two incomes. Oh the joy of watching kooks talk, my goodness.......... Wait, you mean he was right?

forgot how to spell two

[edit on 10-10-2008 by dlongwell547]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Barter, trade, hunting and survival skills do not require any dollar value, nor does it require any bank account or line of credit.

It only requires YOU to learn it, understand it, and then apply it.

Simple, effective, and will allow you to see the next day, and the day after, and so on.

Also, these bankers and government people who are profiting off all this, well guess what, the same collapse of the value of the money is directly tied to their little, or big nestegg just as it does to the 1 dollar bill you can hold in your hand right now.

So if it goes down for the population, it goes down for them too.

Guess they havent thought of that yet, too busy trying to be so rich that they have become brain dead to the fact that all of this is like loops in a chain. Once the first loop breaks, the chain is worthless.

Like a row of dominoes, once the first one falls, the rest fall right after it all the way down the line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I just hope that a huge martial law type event doesn't occur where heavily armed soldiers start raiding and seizing ammo, stored food, survival supplies, and (sigh) weapons that happened to be registered.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
So if it goes down for the population, it goes down for them too.

Guess they havent thought of that yet, too busy trying to be so rich that they have become brain dead to the fact that all of this is like loops in a chain. Once the first loop breaks, the chain is worthless.

Thier wealth and security is decreasing everyday.

MY guess is that the champaign and caviar class are making contingency plans to evacuate the country right about now. Too bad the rest of the world is fuc@ed up as well.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by In nothing we trust]

new topics

top topics

join