It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama concedes mistake over Muslim outreach meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
deepbackground.msnbc.msn.com...

The Obama campaign’s Muslim outreach director participated in a meeting in mid September that was attended by several controversial Muslim activists, NBC News has learned. The Obama campaign now concedes that was a misjudgment, and that its top Muslim staffer would not have attended the meeting if she had known the full participant list beforehand.

“Would a campaign staffer have attended if they were aware of the complete list of attendees? No,” said Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt in an email statement to NBC.

I post this story kind of as a preemtive strike. It's no secret that I'm not a supporter of Senator Obama, however I'm pretty weary of the MSM smears and "blogspot" hyperbole that is circulating about him. The way I see this, Senator Obama's Mulsim campaign director was in a meeting in Virginia wherein one of the attendees -- Mahdi Bray -- has been thought to be a Hamas and Hezbollah supporter.

I think it's a smart thing for the Obama campaign to meet with and garner support of American Muslims. I also think that had they know beforehand the attendees, that they might have opted out. I don't want this to become more fuel for the "terrorist association" claims. Therefore, I encourage everyone to read the story, and hopefully see it for what it was -- an intelligent campaign move that Senator Obama would not have approved had he known the quirky nature of some of the attendees.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Okay, so this is a non-issue? Good. That's exactly what I was hoping.

Actually, I was hoping to be the first to open this thread, with the thought that if the anti-Obama fly-by-nights posted if after me with THEIR spin, that their thread would be closed.

Good. Let it die out as it should.

Selah.

join