It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Who is this man??? John Sidney McCain?? Should we be scared of this John Sidney McCain?? I mean, he is saying Barack Hussein Obama is a family man?!?! I wonder what John Fitzgerald Kennedy would think of this....

(See why we drop middle names?)

Seriously, good on ya John Sidney McCain!
(watch the video though...he cringed!)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

The attack dogs have been sent to both parties. It was the most honest thing i've seen throughout the whole election process...and it's not like Obama has been Mr. Nice Guy in his campaign either.

I'm voting on the man...not the campaign in which both are guilty of being dishonest.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Obama isnt an arab, hes a decent person... Sounds racist to me.

What if he had said "Muslim" instead of "Arab?"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It is possible Ayers and Obama may have met at Columbia as early as 1981, it is also possible that they met as early as 1989 when Michelle Obama and Ayers wife worked for the same lawfirm. It is also possble that Ayers is the ghost writer for both of Obama's memoirs that is still being looked into the writing is very similar.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by DarkStormCrow]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David. I am not disputing that point. Of course both parties do.

I am addressing one thing specifically.

Whether McCain was genuine.

McCain is allowing his VP candidate Sarah Palin to preach this message that apparently he is genuinely against?.. Come on... She is not going on some personal tangent, they are on the same team man.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble

Originally posted by bknapple32
Obama isnt an arab, hes a decent person... Sounds racist to me.

What if he had said "Muslim" instead of "Arab?"

Then that would be.... quite different!

Muslim is a religious title, and Arab is racial.

I thing you missed the point.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
It is possible Ayers and Obama may have met at Columbia as early as 1981, it is also possible that they met as early as 1985 when Michelle Obama and Ayers wife worked for the same lawfirm. It is also possible that Ayers is the ghost writer for both of Obama's memoirs that is still being looked into the writing is very similar.

This type of argument, to me shows desperation. If you want to convert me into the McCain/Palin/Conservative camp; you might do better trumpeting the accomplishments of the last 8 years of the Bush presidency.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

The attack dogs have been sent to both parties. It was the most honest thing i've seen throughout the whole election process...and it's not like Obama has been Mr. Nice Guy in his campaign either.

I'm voting on the man...not the campaign in which both are guilty of being dishonest.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by David9176]

I ask you to compare negative attack ads from mccain vs negative attack ads from obama... then tell me who mr nice guy is.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Support who you like , I aint happy with Bush either , he has been a disaster for true conservatives.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

It's also possible that the moon is made of cheese. But unless you go there, you'll never really know the truth.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I won't do that. Do you win if Obama has less?? Does it really matter?? The point is they are both guilty of it. Ok...Obama is LESS guilty...but guilty nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkStormCrow
reply to post by whaaa

Support who you like , I aint happy with Bush either , he has been a disaster for true conservatives.

something we can agree on

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by bknapple32

I won't do that. Do you win if Obama has less?? Does it really matter?? The point is they are both guilty of it. Ok...Obama is LESS guilty...but guilty nonetheless.

well in that case, in terms of character, ill take the lesser of two evils.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

But unless you go there, you'll never really know the truth.

and that is exactly people are going there with ayers, cause they want to know the truth about Obama and Ayers.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
they want to know the truth about Obama and Ayers.

I've gotta disagree. They don't really want the truth; they'd much rather beg the question in order to have personal perceptions reinforced through supposition. The truth is far too mundane, and that's why such inferences did nothing for Clinton when she begged the same questions during the democratic primaries.

[edit on 10/11/08 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Iwill definatly will NOT be voting for McCain, however,

he did the right thing- and i was impressed when that woman in the audience called Obama a name and he stopped her.
His strategy was NOT working.

He will do better if he acts "civilized"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I think McCain is a great man, and I am not one of his supporters in this election. I doubt he has much control over his own campaign. It has the fingerprints of Rove and the GOP slime machine all over it. I feel sorry for him.

PUUULLEEZZ! His campaign floods the airwaves with all kind of incendiary ads with "terrorist, terrorist, terrorist" and you say he is a great man?? These ads also end with the "I am John McCain and I approve this message"...and you feel sorry for him!

This is the same kind of crap I heard when everyone felt sorry for Bushy because of the actions of Cheney, Wolfiwitz, "Rump-roast" and the all the other Halloween cast of characters which "he had hand picked!"

No, if McCain can't control his own party (which he has no interest in doing cause they are his minions to do his dirty work), then he damn sure ain't fit to rule on decisions affecting the whole world!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He's a public person. He works at the University of Illinois. Call him and ask some questions. Send an email.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'll be honest with you. I don't think McCain is in full control of his campaign and i don't think Obama is either. That is what i think was shown tonight. McCain's last few rally's have had some hate mongers in the crowd...and i could tell he didn't like it. IMO. He did the right thing and i applaud him for it. He's not going to let up on the double A's and i don't think he should. Let people find out for themselves...if they find nothing..then so be it. But the question should be raised nonetheless. He should be able to question it and NOT be thought of as being racist and i think he made that clear.

I'm not going to try and sway people's opinion...i'm just stating mine. Frankly, i don't want to get into the mudslinging he said/she said bull anymore. I've grown tired of it. I've been called a Racist and countless other names just because I question Obama's values. It's not fair that people can throw that out at you without merit. RACIST is a strong word and should not be used lightly.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Even Faux News is basically conceding defeat already. IMHO, OBAMA is going to be pres because they believe it will calm us down. Make us believe he is for the people. It's a shame that any candidate that believes in TRUE democracy basically get silenced by the MSM. ie Ron Paul.

Hell, I think that's probably why Kennedy was assassinated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join