It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spines
If association is the issue here, then maybe we are all forgetting who's pastor commited acts of terrorism against a woman who he percieved to be a witch...

...you know, organizing a mob, running her out of town and even shooting her snake.

If it is going to be an important issue to you, then perhaps you should make sure the other side in this election doesn't have their own terrorist association's.

(especially nut-job religious ones...and yes, the act and the mindset that provoked it was 'nut-job')

Go ahead, tell me that isn't terrorism.

[edit on 10/10/0808 by spines]

Talk about getting facts straight it was a guest speaker at her church she had attended prior to becoming governor. And frankly what someone's religion is has nothing to do with politics. She can believe Jesus was a goat for all I care. Now if I found out palin regularly sat down with bin laden and had ties with his family yeah now that becomes concerning. Associating with terrorists is much different than what's said in a church that’s why I give Obama a pass with rev Wright. He may not feel the same way the church does but that’s not why people go to church is it. I believe there is an old saying that applies here hang out with the dogs and you catch the fleas.

[edit on 10/12/08 by dragonridr]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
reply to post by bruxfain

Originally posted by bruxfain
So all of Obama's and his supporters points are irrelevent to me. When he says he didn't support the war in Iraq, to me this means that he had every intention to tolerate the existence of Evil. This is acceptable to him. This is his understanding of what it means to be President of the United States.

So the fact that the Bush Administration chose to lie to Congress in order to get authorization and funding for the Iraq war is okay with you?

The fact that Iraq was invaded under the false pretext that Iraq was in possession of WMD is okay with you?

The fact that thousands of American lives and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi lives were lost because of the false pretext put forth by the Bush Administration is okay with you?

If there is such a thing as evil, does not any of this strike you as being a perfect fit for the definition of it?

Wow i cant believe the garbage which comes out of some peoples mouths. They in fact did find weapons of mass destruction and congress has access to the same sources the president does he cant lie to congress they can verify everything he tells them thru the cia and did. Do you remeber when hillary clinton got called out on that same exact thing. She simply stated yes she read the reports but didnt understand them wow huh. Congress and the white house rely on dod and cia reports nothing else.

heres an article you might want to read Munitions Found in Iraq Renew Munitions Found in Iraq Renew
another one
WMD Phosgene from Iraq Found at United Nations

One more to think about

Saddam's WMD Moved to Syria,

Even the new iraqi government knows they were there just dont know where he put them. except maybe this man who arrested by the syrian government for his reports.

Nizar Nayuf (Nayyouf-Nayyuf), a Syrian journalist who recently defected from Syria to Western Europe and is known for bravely challenging the Syrian regime, said in a letter Monday, January 5, to Dutch newspaper “De Telegraaf,” that he knows the three sites where Iraq’s Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) are kept. The storage places are:

-1- Tunnels dug under the town of al-Baida near the city of Hama in northern Syria. These tunnels are an integral part of an underground factory, built by the North Koreans, for producing Syrian Scud missiles. Iraqi chemical weapons and long-range missiles are stored in these tunnels.

-2- The village of Tal Snan, north of the town of Salamija, where there is a big Syrian air force camp. Vital parts of Iraq’s WMD are stored there.

-3-. The city of Sjinsjar on the Syrian border with the Lebanon, south of Homs city.

Nayouf writes that the transfer of Iraqi WMD to Syria was organized by the commanders of Saddam Hussein’s Special Republican Guard, including General Shalish, with the help of Assif Shoakat , Bashar Assad’s cousin. Shoakat is the CEO of Bhaha, an import/export company owned by the Assad family.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
People in my area are having a problem with people stealing Obama signs out of their yards.

There was a news story this morning where a guy had his sign stolen three times then last night someone wrote Terrorist on his new one.

I am afraid that the "genie" McCain let out of the bottle may be of more concern than previously thought with all the public fear that was created by his and Palin's comments about him being a terrorist.

In my home town some people have been burning Obama signs that are on people's front lawns.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

For a point of reference, John McCain "has Scots-Irish, Anglo-Irish and English ancestry."

What does all of that history mean to John McCain? What does it mean to his son? What does it mean to Americans who share the same or similar histories?

What does John McCain's family history mean to Americans who do not share that history but admire it?

Do you have any idea about the historical makeup of the United States of America? Why Americans follow other Americans and relate to other Americans regardless of cultural, ethnic, and racial differences?

This is what your words say:

You hate Barack Obama.

You resent Barack Obama's wealth. Not his money -- you resent the wealth of Barack Obama the person -- who he is. You resent Barack Obama's background. You resent the life that he is living. You resent the rich name of Barack Hussein Obama. You resent the positive things that many Americans believe Barack Obama stands for. All things Obama you resent.

You resent Barack Obama's wife. Your resent his daughters. You resent his mother and his father. You resent his grandmother that raised him and sacrificed for him.

You resent African Americans. You resent that they have someone to look up to other than a rap artist, sports figure, or European American. You resent that African Americans can make sound decisions not based solely on the color of a person's skin. For you, a leader of African Americans only qualifies if his or her ancestors were American Negro slaves. For you, African Americans must suffer the choices of European Americans when it comes to choosing a leader of the United States.

You resent European Americans. You resent that European Americans can make sound decisions regarding African Americans. You resent that many European Americans would face fear and rationally choose an African American to lead them and the United States through some of its darkest days. For you, European Americans choosing an African American as their leader destroys the history and future of White privilege. For you, European Americans are only interested in the White part and not the Black part of Barack Obama; loving the White part, hating the Black part. For you European Americans have no soul; if they did, they would do the sensible thing and choose a 100% White person as their leader.

Your shallow words show that you do not posses a deep understanding of the history of the United States of America; nor the many things that it is today, nor its people.

Your shallow words, "Something came to devour this nation, I suspect that Obama is in some way related to it, but it was thrown down, and you'll realize this sooner than you may want to believe" is a portrayal of fear, cowardice, and unremitting hostility.

Your shallow words flow with hatred and resentment.

Your shallow words fail.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Obama voted against the war in Iraq. Thereby voting against waste of resources and human lives. If to you that means that Obama supports evil, very well then.

To each his or her own.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Obama wasn't in the Senate at the time of the vote to go into Iraq. He has said he would not have voted for it. However, your post previous to that one was simply poetic!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

That was a very long post. Is that really what you believe?
You obviously have no idea who I think I am; I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

Obama voted against the war in Iraq. Thereby voting against waste of resources and human lives. If to you that means that Obama supports evil, very well then.

To each his or her own.

Obama didn't vote against anything, he wasn't even in the Senate when the Iraq war started. The Illinois Senate put on a show for the press so that Obama could be shown to not support the war.

And no resources or human lives were wasted in Iraq. They were all spent on a successful and worthy cause.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Yes, that's right. (Should've said he didn't support the Iraq war.)

And thanks.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

What a complete bunch of crap. It's people like you who make this forum look like a conspiracy forum (oh wait, it is!)

Anyway, don't you think that if they had even found a trace of existing Iraqi WMD's the Bush Regime would not have called every journalist and their mother to proclaim it? I can't believe I even bother replying to such nonsense. Are you retarded or something?

The fact is even George Bush has acknowledged he was wrong about the reasons of going to war.

Only reason he's not in a war crimes trial is I guess because he's still president and that he can blame he CIA for giving him false info. Sources suggest though that the Bush regime more or less ordered CIA to find proof and if they couldn't find it, event it.

Some red necks miss the main Iraq invasion I guess.... Sitting safely on their fat asses and drinking beer and eating pop corn while the Fox News mounted camera on some US tank killed civilians I guess they considered great entertainment.

I wish some american channel would do a documentary and show the human suffering that really occured in Iraq. Almost one million people dead. Thousands of Americans soldiers dead or wounded. Millions of refugees... The Bush regime just shrugs it off. McCain supported it.

Senataor Obama was one of very few Americans politicians that was sceptic about the invasion (along with the rest of world).

The Al Qaida leadership is hiding in bases on the Pakistan border. something Obama have said repeatedly and have asked that the US army put some serious resources there... but Bush just put all the effort to Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with 9/11 or any WMDs. It's like a war crime. WAKE THE *snip* UP and stop being so gullable. Please.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Shades1035]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

I must ask. What "sound judgement" are attributing to people? Your world is being destroyed right now.

Consider yourself lucky to even be able to have an argument on the Internet. The only reason the world and life will continue when this is all complete is because something has saved you despite your collective lack of "sound judgement."

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

And no resources or human lives were wasted in Iraq. They were all spent on a successful and worthy cause.

$10 billion a month of taxpayer dollars and 4181 US casualties are a waste! Successful if you mean giving Al Qaeda a foothold in Iraq, which they did not have before. Worthy if you mean that we should be the World's police force. Iraq posed absolutely no threat to US security. It was a hobbled nation. Meanwhile, we are losing ground in Afghanistan due to all of our assets being committed to the Iraqi operation. And if you're wondering how I came to this conclusion: I WAS THERE! And you?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

$10 billion a month of taxpayer dollars and 4181 US casualties are a waste! Successful if you mean giving Al Qaeda a foothold in Iraq, which they did not have before. Worthy if you mean that we should be the World's police force. Iraq posed absolutely no threat to US security. It was a hobbled nation. Meanwhile, we are losing ground in Afghanistan due to all of our assets being committed to the Iraqi operation. And if you're wondering how I came to this conclusion: I WAS THERE! And you?

Isn't this where all of these types of threads end up? Who knows more about what. Is this the time I have to flex and prove that you don't know anything. America isn't losing anything anywhere. The leaders of the world tremble at the reality of what America is today.

But I cannot even have the discussion with you because I don't think you have any clue about how the world works in reality.

The power of the Cross is beyond your comprehension, can never be broken and the Cross belongs to me. So when your busy challenging me and telling me what you seen or where you've been remember I've got the Cross.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Isn't this where all of these types of threads end up? Who knows more about what. Is this the time I have to flex and prove that you don't know anything.

Indeed this is usually where you take threads...

But I cannot even have the discussion with you because I don't think you have any clue about how the world works in reality.

I have heard you say this a few times to a few members. Then again I have also heard you say that about yourself, heh...

The power of the Cross is beyond your comprehension, can never be broken and the Cross belongs to me. So when your busy challenging me and telling me what you seen or where you've been remember I've got the Cross.

What exactly does 'The power of the Cross' have to do with this thread?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

I ask that EVERYONE review the following two links before continuing with this discussion.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

YOU are responsible for your own posts.

The snide remarks, political baiting and personal attacks on fellow members will cease as of this moment.

There is no reason whatsoever that this topic cannot be discussed with civility and decorum.

Adherence to this request is expected.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Nevermind...

[edit on 12-10-2008 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What does the power of the cross have to do with this thread? about as much as his being in Afghanistan. He made a statement that the War on Terror has been a failure. I'd like to illustrate that not only was it not a failure, but a success. I'd also point out how I know for a fact that the War on Terror has been about as successul as a person could hope for in such a chaotic situation.

I do this because people are arrogant and believe they know things they do not. They repeat falsehoods repeatedly hoping that it will be accepted as truth.

The make accusations against people about whom they have no evidence. It actually goes on and on. Some of these things I know for a fact are false. Because I have the Cross and he/you do not.

I bet you even think you know what the cross is.

PS is that spray for you? you're the only one of us who just jumped into a conversation that doesn't concern you.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

ONE MORE THING...

Does anyone here remember the topic of this thread?

I didn't think so, so here's a refresher:

So McCain says that we shouldnt be scared of Obama as president

Stay on topic, or this thread will be closed.

[edit on 10/12/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

What does the power of the cross have to do with this thread?

Exactly. That was my question, and I am still unsure of the answer.

He made a statement that the War on Terror has been a failure.

Well I am of that opinion myself as I believe 9-11 was an inside job, so it was a failure to begin with imho.

I'd like to illustrate that not only was it not a failure, but a success.

If you truly illustrated that them I am sure I would be interested in reading it
However, I am not sure how that is even on topic.

I'd also point out how I know for a fact that the War on Terror has been about as successul as a person could hope for in such a chaotic situation.

I am even more interested in hearing it. You should make a thread on this.

The make accusations against people about whom they have no evidence. It actually goes on and on. Some of these things I know for a fact are false. Because I have the Cross and he/you do not.

No I am sorry. I do not understand what 'you' believe you think you know. I have only gathered bits and pieces of it when you random place it in various random threads. Again, make a new thread for it because it doesn't belong in this one.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Freedom of speech outweighs your concern of people using Obama middle name.

Regardless of their intent. People are using his legal middle name. One may not like it but there are many things people do that one may not like, but falls under ones constitutional right.

Anyone who takes Barak's middle name of Hussein to mean anything but "handsome" or "beautiful", which is what "Hussein" means in arabic, is nothing but a stupid ignorant bigotted racist.

This shows a lot about who you are and that's not speaking good.

Take a deep breath and examine your soul. That's the first step to correcting yourself and getting back onto an honest path.

Before you try to advise others you should look in the mirror and take care of your inadequacies. Barack Hussein Obama is his legal name and just because somebody uses doesn't mean they are stupid ignorant bigotted or racist.

if you desire to use McCain or anybody elses legit middle name you also have that right. I will also defend your use of it even if it has a hidden agenda behind it. Freedom of speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join