It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trickle down Econ. A fraud?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So many money hating ATS'ers think those with money are evil or that we need to raise there taxes to give more to others. Well actually they are the ones who do the most. They don't want ot be forced to trust the Gov. with this they want to decide. Take there money away and there is impacts.

When it's felt all the way on the left and all the way on the right the middle will soon feel the squeze. If i were you i would hope they get to keep as much as they can becuase eventually, IMO soon it will start comeing out of your pocket. i.e. lost job, no pay raise or pay cuts.

First non profits then employees. Think twice before agreeing with Obama on his economic plan and dismissing the trickle theory. Small Bus. owners making $250K a year or more are the major funders paying for these programs. And you will be surprised who these people are. Look at the sponsors of your community events. They are good community minded and centered individuals who likely are the ones who would help you change your tire.

My question...Do you want them donating THERE money or do you want the Gov. to take it and give it to groups like ACORN. (i don't mean to pile on with ACORN, just good recent example.)

www.komonews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think your basic problem is that money tends to concentrate itself. I can talk about the oldest city in the world or point out that if you are very good at replicating something, it will lead to lots of cash. This is not bad, higher levels of technology require ever more concentrated amounts of cash to develop and reproduce them.
What I think you need to make it work is 'limited redistrubtion.' Better still, instead of all the cash, give them a training......

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Good post, but haven't we tried that? i just say let the free market give them the money and not force it to. What we don't want to happen is what will happen on the wrong route. IMO

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't really think people understand what trickle down economics (supply side) really means. If you think it means that a janitor is going to get paid 30 dollars an hour for sweeping floors and cleaning toilets then you have the wrong idea. What it really means is that the more money the rich have the more money people will have to invest into new businesses and spend. In that case it works.

People will try to blame trickle down economics on the current crisis when really there are lots of reasons why the economy is in ruins. In fact under the Bush tax cuts the rich payed 39% in taxes. www.opinionjournal.com...

The current crisis is contributed to sub-prime mortgages that started it and the real culprit credit default swaps. You can have your own opinions about trickle down economics, but it does work.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Why let the markets decide? They've been out by 24% so far this year. You do not bow to the markets. Nor do you buck themm.

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
The current crisis is contributed to sub-prime mortgages that started it and the real culprit credit default swaps. You can have your own opinions about trickle down economics, but it does work.

Over hundreds of years, if you want to buck it up to 50, then redistribution is your baby.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well the current crisis is contributed to sub-prime mortgages and more importantly credit default swaps. If you want to look at what caused these to be come problems then you don't have to look any further than the Federal Reserve. They have way to much power to delegate what our currency does.

Our debt driven fiat money system is the other major cause of all this. There was to much credit in the market for the market to keep up with it. Too much credit extended out to people that couldn't pay the credit back. Our current monetary policy is flawed.

Another problem is our governments way of spending money. They just spend, spend, spend, like money grows on trees. Economies go up and they go down. Doesn't matter what the economic model is that is part of economics. You have good times and you have bad times.

If the free market was truly free and the politicians stayed out of the corporations pockets this would just be another recession. So that brings us down to the whole problem which is the people that we delegate power to - to pass laws decided to delegate power to a private entity to coin our money and in turn sell it to us with interest.

Redistribution happens all the time, the difference is do you want to let people that have the money decide what to do with it or do you want to let the government decide what to do with it. I'd rather let the people that earned the money, in most cases, distribute the money because they know the best places to put it.

In short recessions happen in any economic model and there are lots of contributing factors to this and the current crisis is contributed to sub-prime mortgages and credit defaults swaps or better yet too much of an abundance of credit.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It not only is NOT a fraud, it is vastly understated in even the most enthusiastic theories. The reality is that a very few creative, intelligent people create more wealth than the rest of the population (99+%) combined.

That does not mean that most rich people are among the creators of wealth, or that wealth should not be shared, but that the incredibly easy, comfortable lives we live in this time period are due to a very small number of people and their innovations.

Communism was the greatest economic lie ever told.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Grumble]

new topics

top topics

join