It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesting NUNS branded terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Protesting NUNS branded terrorists

www.washtimes.com

nuns labeled terrorists you have to read this
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This makes me SICK
If anyone had any doubt in their mind that this government needs to be overthrown this should fix that.
These people are insane...
Did I mention they control our nukes?
I would love to see nuns and priests start rioting and marching on the white house flipping over cars and burning everything in sight right now...

www.washtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Careful

It was the MD state police that gave them the terrorist label.

Now they face fresh infamy as two nuns secretly branded by Maryland State Police as terrorists and placed on a national watch list.

So who is it that we should "overthrow"?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
O and I suppose this has nothing to do with our federal government or department of homeland security right?
I don't know of too many state level terrorist watch lists.
And it's ANYONE who go's to an anti-war protest...
Better tell your grandma not to hold up a sign that says make love not war...
Since when are adult diapers and walkers weapons of mass destruction? lol

[edit on 10-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm just saying that if the MD State Police didn't put them on a watch list, nobody else would have.

I mean they broke into a missile Silo, poured their own blood on it, got a Federal conviction, and managed to stay off the Terrorist list.

Accuracy counts in reporting...don't you think?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
For all we know the missile silo ordeal was probably before this fascist government started all their scary "everyone is a terrorist put them on a list" bull#.

When you let someone get away with something illegal, they just get bolder and bolder...

This government is already powerful and scary enough in my opinion, and completely out of control.

The longer we wait, the harder it'll be.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i remember a nun slapping me in catholic school, so yea get what is coming to em'

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashamedamerican
I would love to see nuns and priests start rioting and marching on the white house flipping over cars and burning everything in sight right now...

Now that would be funny!!

You did read the whole story, right? Broke into a missle silo, which is trespassing, and painting bloody crosses. They are lucky that it wasn't an active silo, or they'd be pushing up daisys right now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Yes I did read it all, and they are very brave nuns I will give them that much...
But terrorists? C'mon...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yes I did read it all, and they are very brave nuns I will give them that much...
But terrorists? C'mon...

I agree whole heartedly with spacedoubt.

Breaking into any military base and doing anything to a missle silo is very illegal. That is some serious terrorist like activity.Im surprised they werent put on it sooner.

You seem to be under the impression that they were put on the terrorist watch list by the federal government and as spacedoubt has said that is just not the case. They were put on the list by the MD police state police, and if THEY didnt do it noone else would have.

So dont blame the feds for the actions of the MD state police.

you said yourself that when you let some one get away with something illegal they just get bolder and bolder. well I guess the MD state police didnt want them to get bolder.

They have proven that they are capable of breaking into a military base and messing with a missle silo. What happens if they become bold enough to break into another military base and attempt to actually blow up or launch one of those misslesin some kind of bizzare protest?

Do you really want them to have the opportunity to get that bold? I sure hope not.

[edit on 12-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is where it starts though.Did the nuns break the law when they entered that nuke site?You bet they did.What have they done recently to deserve being placed on the "watch list". Nothing! Nothing almost everyone hasn't done in the past few years.Getting very angry and speaking our minds.It's the tip of the iceberg,can't you see.Soon enough we will be marked as terrorist if we don't subscribe to whatever BS they are pushing at the time.
It's like an old cowboy told me once."It's a long old road that doesn't have a turn in it" Folks we are on a terribly long road if we don't turn it around!!

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
They weren't put on the watchlist for the missile silo, they were put on it for attending an anti-war protest.
Yes MD cops put her on it but it IS a federal list.
My point, and I appologize maybe I should have been clearer, is that when attending an anti-war protest gets you put on a federal terrorist watch list...
Then we should all be scared.
Because next they will subpoena ATS to turn over records and it will be us.
Then it'll be your mom or dad or son or daughter for saying they don't support U.S. policy, in a private phone conversation with a friend, and so on and so forth.
These things mushroom, and they are on a very slippery slope.
Anti-war protestors today can very easily become something else tomorrow, they don't dare to take away your rights all at once because we would revolt, they are doing it step by step, piece by piece.
This is classic "boiling frog syndrome"
Look beyond these nuns, at the bigger picture here...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Terroristic Penguins LoL

Sorry about the sarcasm, but come on people, nuns are terrorist for real.

I mean i can understand the position of the police and military about the public safety issues and about the missile being dangerous, but ,come on terrorists, give me a break.

I mean how old are they 55 to 75 or something.
I am one not to believe in god or anything but sometimes you need to stand up and fight for what you believe in, remember the Boston tea party some could say they(American colonists) were terrorists too.

Is it me or are they trying to make us all who speak up a terrorist.

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

They weren't put on the watchlist for the missile silo, they were put on it for attending an anti-war protest.
Yes MD cops put her on it but it IS a federal list.
My point, and I appologize maybe I should have been clearer, is that when attending an anti-war protest gets you put on a federal terrorist watch list...
Then we should all be scared.
Because next they will subpoena ATS to turn over records and it will be us.
Then it'll be your mom or dad or son or daughter for saying they don't support U.S. policy, in a private phone conversation with a friend, and so on and so forth.
These things mushroom, and they are on a very slippery slope.
Anti-war protestors today can very easily become something else tomorrow, they don't dare to take away your rights all at once because we would revolt, they are doing it step by step, piece by piece.
This is classic "boiling frog syndrome"
Look beyond these nuns, at the bigger picture here...

It is a federal list and they were put on it by the MD state police so why are you blaming their being on the list on the feds? They are not the ones who put them on.

Besides that are you really suggesting that they were added to the terror watch list strictly for protesting and their activities of the past had no influence on that decision what so ever?

Lets say someone broke into your house once and painted big crosses in their own blood. They served their time and now they are standing out on your lawn shouting at you screaming how they hate you and want you gone. Would you feel safe? would you invite them in for tea? Or would you alert your neigbors of this person so they can be on the look out for them just incase they come back to harrass you?

Well thats all that has happened here. A couple (the fact that they are nuns really doesnt matter to me) have a history of breaking into military bases and hanging around missle silos ( do you understand how dangerous that is?) and they also go around screaming down with government and what not. Do you not see how these two ladies could be percieved as a threat to our government?

The bottom line is they commited a huge felony and quite frankly the government doesnt trust those two anymore.

Ok so now im going to attempt to look at the BIG picture as you have asked.

You suggest that the government is going to swoop down and put me and my friends and family on the terrorist list. Why? nobody I know are convicted felons with a history of breaking into military installations.

Many of my friends and I have been to anti war protests. None of us have been added to ANY terror watch list.

As for ATS being subponead to turn over records, there is already nothing here that they cant already see. So I doubt they will need any records. Besides there is nothing illegal happening on this website what so ever.

Your big picture doesnt make much sence to me.

Perhaps its more likely that they were added not just for protesting but because of their criminal backgrounds and the nature of the felony they commited along with their open anti government attitude that finally landed them on the terror watch list. That makes much more sence to me.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BannedForLife

Is it me or are they trying to make us all who speak up a terrorist.

No just the ones with a criminal history of breaking into military installations, hanging around missle silos and are openly against the US government.

To me, by the way, the fact that they are nuns is not even important. They are not being put on the terror list for being nuns. They are on it because of their past behavior and their being so openly against the government.

I cant help but wonder, if it had been the leader of a muslim church or to guys from afghanistan who broke into a US military installation and was openly protesting the US government, would anyone even bat an eye if they were put on the terror list?

Is the real issue people are having is that it is two old white christian women instead of two middle eastern men? I hope not but it is something to contemplate.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

No just the ones with a criminal history of breaking into military installations, hanging around missile silos and are openly against the US government.

The key word in your statement is against , anybody that is against the government will be put on a watch list that is the point i am trying to make.
It does not matter who you are or what you do, because some times words are more power full than missiles or guns and that scares the government more than anything else.

(fixed code)

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Well...it was bound to happen thanks to the Patriot Act, ordinary citizens can now be deemed "Terrorist" when they are viewed as doing something against the STATE. Just sad...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i find it very worrying that in such a forum there are still doubts about whether or not US is a fascist country...

IT IS

and there aren't any doubt to have,

just lots of work to do to stop it

nun or not nun

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"It is a federal list and they were put on it by the MD state police so why are you blaming their being on the list on the feds? They are not the ones who put them on."
Because they wouldn't be on the FEDERAL TERRORIST WATCHLIST if the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT hadn't created the ridiculous piece of trash they call the patriot act to begin with.

"Besides that are you really suggesting that they were added to the terror watch list strictly for protesting and their activities of the past had no influence on that decision what so ever? "
No I'm not suggesting that, I'm informing you of the fact that this is EXACTY what happened. It's happening to more people than just these nuns.

"Do you not see how these two ladies could be percieved as a threat to our government?"
At this point I can see how anyone not doing what our "masters" tell us to do would be considered a threat.

"The bottom line is they commited a huge felony and quite frankly the government doesnt trust those two anymore."
So in your logic anyone who the government doesnt trust should be branded as a terrorist? That would include you, me and everyone else we know.

"You suggest that the government is going to swoop down and put me and my friends and family on the terrorist list. Why? nobody I know are convicted felons with a history of breaking into military installations."
So you think that only "convicted felons with a history of breaking into military installations" are put on the terrorist watchlists? wake up.

"Many of my friends and I have been to anti war protests. None of us have been added to ANY terror watch list." Really? Was this before the patriot act? How sure of that are you? or are you just spouting off at the mouth again because it makes you LOOK right?

"As for ATS being subponead to turn over records, there is already nothing here that they cant already see. So I doubt they will need any records."
Well they can't see our IP's from just reading the forums so yes there IS info they can't see just as you can't see it.

"Besides there is nothing illegal happening on this website what so ever."
How is making statements against the government in this forum any different than making that same statement at an anti-war protest? No theres nothing illegal here, and there is nothing illegal about attending an anti-war protest, yet people (alot more than these nuns) are getting slapped onto this "bad american" list.

"Your big picture doesnt make much sence to me."
I'm sure it doesnt if your eyes are closed and you are just looking for something to argue about.

"Perhaps its more likely that they were added not just for protesting but because of their criminal backgrounds and the nature of the felony they commited along with their open anti government attitude that finally landed them on the terror watch list. That makes much more sence to me."
Perhaps its more likely that they were added because of their open anti government attitude.

As I stated this is CLASSIC "boiling frog syndrome" and if we let them get away with this kind of fascist dictatorship behavior where will it end?

Mod Note: How to Quote– Please Review This Link.
[quote ]text goes here[/quote ]
When to use: Use the normal quote tag when quoting other members.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The key word in your statement is against , anybody that is against the government will be put on a watch list that is the point i am trying to make.
It does not matter who you are or what you do, because some times words are more power full than missiles or guns and that scares the government more than anything else.

You are stating that like it is fact. Lets call it what it really is, speculation and assumption. Nothing more. You do not know for sure that the government is going to put anyone who is against it on the terror list.

You are really missing the important Key words by the way. Yes, there are multiple. Not just "against'

Here are they key words. "CRIMINAL HISTORY OF BREAKING INTO MILITARY INSTALLATIONS HANGING AROUND MISSLE SILOS AND BEING OPENLY AGAINST THE US GOVERNMENT"

I suspect anyone who has broken into a military base and messed with a missle silo and is openly against the us government will be on the terror watch list.

You dont seem to unde stand that they were not put on the terror list JUST for openly protesting the US government. let me assure you once again that is not the case. They were added because of their dangerous history. Their being against the government only makes the feds suspicious.

I would be willing to bet money that no government would like a group of people to break into one of their military bases and mess with their missle silos and then go out on the streets protesting them. I would bet that any government would keep an eye out on some one like that.

I know that if someone broke into my house, messed with my guns and then stood outside shouting down with GST, I would be pretty worried. I would be wondering if they are going to break in and use my own guns against me. In order to prevent that from happening I would alert my neigbors. I would let them know of this person so they can be on the look out just incase this person shows up again.

So no they were not addes to the list soley because they protested. if that was the case half of the country would be on the list right now. They were added because they have a scary criminal background are openly against the US government and they have the potential to act again or mabye do worse.

simple as that.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join