It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OJ Simpson seeks new robbery trial in Las Vegas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

OJ SIMPSON SEEKS NEW ROBBERY TRIAL IN LAS VEGAS

kevxml 2a.verizon.net

LAS VEGAS - Lawyers for O.J. Simpson are citing judicial errors and insufficient evidence as they seek a new trial.
They filed documents Friday in Las Vegas with Judge Jackie Glass. She oversaw the trial at which the former football star was convicted of robbing two memorabilia dealers at gunpoint.

If she doesn't grant a new trial, Simpson attorney Yale Galanter says he will appeal to the Nevada Supreme Court.

Attorneys for co-defendant Clarence "C.J." Stewart also plan to seek a new trial. They've argued that Stewart should have been tried separately from Simpson.

Simpson and Stewart were convicted this month and face up to life in prison when they are sentenced in December
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-10-2008 by cmd18B]

Mod Edit: Fixed ALLCAPS Title

[edit on 10/10/08 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I dont know about any you but enough is enough from this idiot. He is making a mockery of the judicial system..AGAIN..Who does this guy think he is.His lawyers are a disgrace.The evidence was brought forward and he was found guilty, why does he feel that he is innocent..all the time. I swear to all thats holy that our court system is very flawed. I am sick and tired of hearing about this idiot. He is a classic moron and I hope he gets whats coming to him in jail.

kevxml 2a.verizon.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-10-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
All I can say is;

i252.photobucket.com...

LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think he's as guilty as Michael Jackson IS. Quite frankly, I wish they'd just lay the law down once and for all on him, and silence these stupid lawyers.

I'm rather tired with hearing how people should be freed because "they used violence to get property back." There are times and places for it. If there was stuff of his he wanted back, judicial was there for him to gain the rights back. But noooo, he had to go and rob the joint.

Great minds.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B

I dont know about any you but enough is enough from this idiot. He is making a mockery of the judicial system..AGAIN.

I think said judicial system has already made plenty of a mockery of itself via allowing nonsense like the financial double jeopardy of taking all of a man's wealth after he's been found "not guilty" of a crime. When you have half of the jurors who say in post trial interviews that they had convicted OJ before even hearing from any witnesses and the witness testimony had no impact on their beliefs of the case, then you have very legitimate grounds for a mistrial.

And for the record, I'm a lilly white redneck and I believe OJ is getting screwed.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

That was awesome budweiser stunt man...so well put and on target..you were waiting to post that weren't you?..lol

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Someone sent me that link today at work. Saw your post and the rest is history!

Awesome though ain't it!? Nearly puked with laughter at work!!
But all the same a pretty apt response to your post!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yes...funny how things work out like that sometimes..

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
An equally hilarious - but nonetheless off topic post;

www.demotivateus.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is just Defense Attorney SOP. It is the begining of the appeal process, and I would have been SHOCKED if they had not done it! It will fail at this stage and will proceed to the Appellate level. Hopefully, if the prosecution and Judge did their jobs, it will die there.

new topics

top topics

join