It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

end-user introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

Just thought I would introduce myself, my ATS alias is enduser (as in end-user); i'm in my mid twenties and live in the UK. This site was recommended to me as a place to come predominately for conspiracy theories, where the community has a balance of both hardcore skeptics and believers from all walks of life.

I havent been into conspiracy theories that long, but it has certainly been a roller coaster ride of emotions. What first got me into researching CT's was basically someone providing material by Alex Jones. I did try to gain membership to one of his sites but for some reason wasnt accepted.

From the point of seeing a few of AJ's videos I started to feel that I had been living with my head in the sand, so to speak. Sure, I realised the world wasnt a perfect place but how AJ came across was that we're all basically doomed. This sent me on a quest to find the "truth", whatever that maybe, so here I am.

My new found interests (and some aversions lol) basically include most of what is included on this site be it UFO's, alien abductions, weapons, politics, religious views/opinions to name but a few. Although I have not posted much I have read a fair few threads covering many topics. I have also lost a fair amount of sleep since discovering ATS, but thats really my own fault.

I would consider myself to be very open minded and reasonable, I do try to see things from every ones point of view and respect every ones opinion. I also try to take in as much information as I can before forming an opinion, and sometimes my opinion can change, in light of new or undiscovered evidence.

Anyway, I will stop my rambling here; if you have any questions please feel free to ask

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by enduser

Welcome to ATS enduser! Its good to see another member who has some background knowledge to them.
I can say I have found many worthy topics here ranging from the paranormal, religion, and government conspiracies!
A really good place, to either get freaked out! Or find something that you can sink your teeth into and research further.
ATS has been a great keyword gathering site, that I have used to get to many other places on the web I would have otherwise not known about.
I learn something new everyday on here

Enjoy!
Zy5

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Hey zysin5, nice to meet you and trust youre doing well : D

Indeed a few topics have freaked me out for lack of better words, but im [nearly] as cool as a cucumber now. The world is full of mystery and it is nice to find a place where you can discuss any and all possibilities.

Again, nice to make your acquaintance and wish you a wonderful (and insightful) weekend

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Welcome

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

I look forward to seeing around!

MM

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
welcome. and ats is VERY addicting.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi ya FredT; Maxmars; and lushyslushy. Thanks for the welcome

and yes, ATS is very addictive, its a nice relief being able to discuss things that most would frown upon, most of what is contained within the ATS "walls" is not the kind of discussion i would raise down the pub

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Welcome to the hallowed halls of ATS, end-user. Make ample use of the "search" function, if I may offer a suggestion.

When I signed up a mere season ago, I had no idea how much great info [and DISinfo...see AJ, alleged CIA plant?, for instance] there is on this site.

Glad to see you. Have fun with it!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Hey ItsTheQuestion, thanks for your reply and suggestion. I have used the search function and youre right, there is a lot of great info, and dont worry, i dont put too much faith in old Alex Jones anymore, he is quite good in making you scared, i'll give him that

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, he doesn't scare me too much. He sounds too much like Rush Limbaugh, quite frankly.

Not to say that all AJ says is false. Only a reminder to us all to be extra-vigilant about what we accept as "Truth".

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

I agree, there is some truth in what he says but even if it were all true, he goes about "spreading the truth" the wrong way. Ive watched his stuff on 9/11, the NWO and bohemian grove, all of it freaked me out to be honest. Im on the fence about 9/11, from where I sit something seems fishie, I have a feeling that the people at the top at least knew something was going to happen. But anyway, this isnt the thread to discuss this

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS enduser.

Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy the party!!!

(passes enduser a drink)

Cheers!!!!

top topics

join