It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Writing was on the Wall - Art Laffer vs Peter Schiff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Art received a BA in economics from Yale University in 1963. He received a MBA and a Ph.D. in economics from Stanford University in 1965 and 1971, respectively.

Dr. Laffer was a member of President Reagan's Economic Policy Advisory Board for both of his two terms from 1981 to 1989. He is the founder and chairman of an economic research and consulting firm that provides investment-research services to institutional asset managers.

In this video, dated over two years ago, Art Laffer takes on Peter Schiff (Ron Paul's former economic advisor).

I'd like to ask the opinion of all ATS members. Knowing Laffer consorted with Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney and the likes in the 70's; can we say Laffer is a prime example of one of those who "in on it"? Or, is Laffer really that stupid?

I think a lot of ATS members can acknowledge that officials such as Bernanke and Paulson have no credibility, yet they continue to lead. A major problem is our tendency to take authority as truth instead of truth as authority. At what point can we recognize truth or lie for what it really is?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew
I think a lot of ATS members can acknowledge that officials such as Bernanke and Paulson have no credibility, yet they continue to lead. A major problem is our tendency to take authority as truth instead of truth as authority.

That is one of the best quotes I've seen in awhile ! Mind if I use it as a signature ?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by maudeeb

I've been using it

But you are welcome to use it too

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You guys are right. It is a great quote and it rings true now more than ever.

I'm wondering who thinks Laffer knew what Schiff knew but was playing "his role" by tricking the American people.

top topics

join