It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates threaten to blast Faina ship if no ransom is paid

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What ever happened to the MV Iran Deyanat?? the "other ship" where the piates were dying mysteriously?? www.nationalterroralert.com...

I am willing to bet there there is some of this material on this ship as well. why else would anyone take # from the Somali's?? If we don't comply they will blow up a giant DIRTY BOMB. Give me a better reason why US and RUSSIAN Navy is sitting around negotiating with pirates/terrorists?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
those pirates aren't so bright.
they'll blow up their own stash if they don't get some cash?
then what will they have? nothing.

i can't believe that someone albeit US or russia hasn't gone in and given them a slapping.

russian military equipment mustn't be worth too much...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Merchant Marine ships need to start carrying heavy weapons to battle these idiots. I cant understand why these pirates are getting millions. Or why someone would go off the coast of Somalia anyway knowing how bad it is there. The U.N. needs to pay some French Foreign legionaries to go fight these guys. They have bases in Djibouti. Ridiculous! I see this ending badly for the crew and the pirates. I was stationed in Mogadishu with the Army. The Somalis are tough, battle hardened and fanatic, not to mention the fact that they do Khat all day and are high as a kite. Maybe the Navy can use some of the new microwave weapons they have been bragging about for the last year to take out the pirates without too many casualties. I hope the crew comes out ok.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Somalia should be cleaned out.
U.N.
Looks like a good place for china to start sending business infrastructure and lots and lots of soldiers to do some serious police actions. Hey china buddy, you take over Somalia you can have it, just end the piracy ok? China should do it as a goodwill gesture and flex some muscle. They are economically taking over much of Africa anyway. An Mog has some pretty beaches, crystal blue waters and really REALLY big great whites and hammerheads in the local coves.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As far as the pirates storming the boat, those big tanker ships really dont have a lot of crew on deck during the day and in reality it would only have maybe one guy as lookout on the top of the ship. The ships are huge but they use the top decks for storing connexes ect. All the crew is inside the engine room or in engineering below decks. And if they boarded the ship at night its even harder to see them approaching in the water at night. Its jet black on the ocean at night approaching the rear would be where they would strike. Those Merchant ships really don't have a lot of crew almost everything on board is automated now. Guys at the dock offload everything. I'd say most ships probably have about twenty guys at most if that. usually 4 command crew and some engine crew.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join