It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirates threaten to blast Faina ship if no ransom is paid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justme2

But as raised by pieman, I also wonder why the U.S. is surrounding the ship. Especially with Russia in the equation.

That is because the Russians are late to the party.....we were there a week ahead of them.

Full steam ahead comrades!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
All ships on the high seas are armed one way or the other, as many of you have stated already pirates operate in certain waters so any sea captain worth his salt would know this and arm accordingly, to state otherwise is just plain stupid. No self respecting captain of any ship is going to let it be taken by a samll group of surf debris full stop.

No what we have here is a covert operation carried out by the US Navy with the sole intention to disrupt the flow of Russian arms to Russia's new found friends. The Yanks like the dumb asses they are think they can get away with this when even a lay person can see what they are up to.

Yes on this occasion they might have pulled it off but this will be the first and last time as in future the Russians will make sure they have there own teams on any ship carrying Russian equipment in the future.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme2
Wasn't part of the Cargo a bunch of tanks? True - they are probably inoperable and "below deck". Never Mind, I'm realizing I'm making an *** of myself due to lack of sleep.
More Coffee, coming up!

I just pictured them hauling the tanks up from belowdecks and trying to drop them on the pirates! Now that would have been funny.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

So, you got any proof that this is a US Navy operation? You seem quite sure that it is.

What if this is a Russian operation? What if it's Russian commandos, disguised as US Navy SEALs, trying to incite some sort of conflict in that area??

Betcha didn't think of that one!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

You're killing me.. LOL.

I'm glad I've been able to laugh at least once today... Yes, that mental image is quite comical. (as well is my stupidity for posting the previous post without thinking it through).

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Board the ships.

Hang the pirates.

Start using bait ships in the area that are heavily armed. Once the pirates start to try to board a bait ship, kill them all. Leave no trace and begin again.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
somali piracy didn't begin with this ship, they've been operating in t those waters for quite some time, and what's more, it probably won't end with this ship.

board the ship and kill the pirates, yeah, good one.

is this the same ship that the pirates all started getting sick on after they boarded? i think i briefly read a thread to that effect.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Start using bait ships in the area that are heavily armed. Once the pirates start to try to board a bait ship, kill them all. Leave no trace and begin again.

You're thinking of "Q ships". Check this out:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Hahaha Pirates... WTF.. Pirates!!!

Just when you think the world is completely controlled, a bunch of pirates give the two fingers to the establishment.

Fair play to them.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Jerico, its not funny the impersonators impersonating somebody else, its old hat and I have heard it all before. What is funny that if this was an American ship we would have all the Patriots out screaming nuke that country blow the pirates out of the water, which just goes to show what double standards you have and what limited grasp of reality many Americans have.

Unfortunately for our non travelling American friends the World does not look like how Hollywood portrayed it. I suppose to be fair its not the fault of the average American that he knows jack poo about the World its the fault of Hollywood and all the rest of the diatribe that has been fed into the American mind.

I admire your spirit, like the band playing on the deck of the Titanic you are doomed to go down with your ship.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
People its a Ukrainian ship. Ukraine was selling the weapons to Kenya not Russia. Russia is just going there to try and look tough, Hopefully Russia does act and wipe out these pirates but I think they are really going there because of the Iranian freighter that is loaded with the chemical stuff thats been killing the pirates.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Jerico, its not funny the impersonators impersonating somebody else, its old hat and I have heard it all before. What is funny that if this was an American ship we would have all the Patriots out screaming nuke that country blow the pirates out of the water, which just goes to show what double standards you have and what limited grasp of reality many Americans have.

Nah, not nuke the country. Just sink the ship. But since there's a crew on board, all the wimps here would want to sit down and chat with them about their feelings and how they were oppressed. I think the Russians should have schwacked it as soon as they got on station.

Unfortunately for our non travelling American friends the World does not look like how Hollywood portrayed it. I suppose to be fair its not the fault of the average American that he knows jack poo about the World its the fault of Hollywood and all the rest of the diatribe that has been fed into the American mind.

Oh, the old, "Americans are dumb since they don't travel" argument. Geez, like this doesn't get old.

I admire your spirit, like the band playing on the deck of the Titanic you are doomed to go down with your ship.

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Jerico, Ahah a niche in your armour, its no good crying over what is true and you know it. The point is here is that do you support the supposition that it may well be an American backed attack on a ship that is carrying Ruskie equipment and if so is the US in a position to start bear baiting.

A bear I may add thats got very big claws and even bigger teeth, at a time when the US is teetering on the brink of oblivion does this make sense to you. Or is it the last gasp of a dying demented soul that has fallen from grace into the pit of oblivion.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
As to whether Russia pays the ransom or kills the pirates, if this is real. it would depend on what was really on board.

If there is something on board that when the ship blew up that would embarrass Russia or enrage the world i.e. a nuclear warhead, they may pay the ransom but I would venture to say that there isn't a place on earth they can hide. Russia would hunt them down like the dogs that they are.

PS I have two dogs, I apologize to the above mentioned dogs for dragging them into this.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by seejanerun]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Has the ship in question been released ?

10/10/08
Pirated Iranian ship freed
Tehran, Oct 10, IRNA - Thanks to efforts made by the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL), the pirated Iranian ship, Dianat, was freed on Friday morning.

an IRISL ship
According to IRNA Economic Desk, the Public Relations of IRISL announced here Friday morning the Emergency Reaction Committee of the IRISL has reported that thanks to efforts made by that committee and the management of the IRISL, Dianat Ship was freed after seven weeks of efforts and negotiations with the Somali pirates on Friday morning, October 10th.

According to the IRISl Emergency Reaction Committee, the entire 29 sailors and service personnel of Dianat Ship are enjoying good health and the ship is heading for the international waters currently.

The Iranian ship Dianat was pirated by Somali pirates while sailing at international waters, carrying 42,500 tons of various mineral and industrial products from China to Holland on August 21st at Adan Gulf.

www.payvand.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Jerico, Ahah a niche in your armour, its no good crying over what is true and you know it. The point is here is that do you support the supposition that it may well be an American backed attack on a ship that is carrying Ruskie equipment and if so is the US in a position to start bear baiting.

A bear I may add thats got very big claws and even bigger teeth, at a time when the US is teetering on the brink of oblivion does this make sense to you. Or is it the last gasp of a dying demented soul that has fallen from grace into the pit of oblivion.

LOL! Dude, unless you come up with some sort of source that it's a US Navy operation, you're just pissing into the wind.

Why in the hell would the US want to hijack a ship with a bunch of tanks going to Kenya on a legit arms sale? If we wanted to start some crap, I can think of a hundred better ideas.

And I really don't see the US "teetering on the brink of oblivion". I don't think the Russkies are doing too well, either. Check the price of oil lately?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I think that's the ship that was leaking something radioactive (?). This is another ship that was hauling some tanks sold to Kenya.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Jerico, thats your problem you cannot see the wood for the tree's, no matter how plain it is put you still cannot understand, and I'm all out of crayons at the moment. A lesson, during the cold war years what did NATO and the WARSAW PACT do, well they danced and shadow boxed around the globe did they not, getting one over each other was big time stuff but that all ended not so long ago.

No we have a descending US and a rising Russia, the old games have started again but this time round its the Ruskies who are holding all the best cards and not NATO or the US. And the US is embroiled in 2 major conflicts that it cannot escape at the moment, plus the country is in what possibly 20 trillion in debt and like a drunken man swaying and stumbling down the street only needs a stone to trip over to fall straight onto his ass.

Are you slowly getting the picture or do I have to go and buy some crayons. The simple fact is that the brain of the US still thinks it controls the body only it does not and although the brain is still sending messages to the body the body is not responding. In simple terms those who control the US still think its like the cold war years and they have the upper hand but they dont anymore. So although they are still trying to play the old games there is no response from the body, is that a bit clearer now.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No we have a descending US and a rising Russia, the old games have started again but this time round its the Ruskies who are holding all the best cards and not NATO or the US. And the US is embroiled in 2 major conflicts that it cannot escape at the moment, plus the country is in what possibly 20 trillion in debt and like a drunken man swaying and stumbling down the street only needs a stone to trip over to fall straight onto his ass.

Are you slowly getting the picture or do I have to go and buy some crayons. The simple fact is that the brain of the US still thinks it controls the body only it does not and although the brain is still sending messages to the body the body is not responding. In simple terms those who control the US still think its like the cold war years and they have the upper hand but they dont anymore. So although they are still trying to play the old games there is no response from the body, is that a bit clearer now.

Well, you better get some more crayons. You're going to need them for yourself.

OK, let's keep this simple for you to understand. Rising Russia? Really? You do realize that a lot of investors pulled a ton of money out of the Russian economy after the war with Georgia? We're talking billions of dollars.

They export oil and metals. Take a second and see what the cost of a barrel of oil is going for right now.

They are pumping billions of roubles into their markets right now.

All in all, sorta sounds like the US!

And the $64,000 question: What does this have to do with pirates?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

And the $64,000 question: What does this have to do with pirates?

Now that really depends on where the ship was headed.

Sudan? Somalia? Kenya?

32 tanks.......someone is gonna want their stuff. (Not to mention whatever is in the crates).

.....We may have finally found Bush's infamous yellow cake!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join