It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Bill Ayers ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Maybe I missed something, but with all the talk about the Ayers-Obama connection, why haven't we heard anything from the man himself?

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether the association between these two men is right, wrong or indifferent, or even if it has any worthwhile place in the election or not.

My question is, with all the hubbub about his history and purported contact with Obama, why hasn't someone interviewed the man to get his spin on things? Does he even support Obama?

And there is no way the Obama campaign has silenced him, if that was the case FOX would be tripping over themselves to get to him. If for no other reason than to gather a bunch of edited sound clips to make him come off as someone who beats baby seals to death before his morning coffee and really give McCain something to sink his teeth into.

For anyone who may not know about the man, some light reading:

en.wikipedia.org...

Remember now, the only purpose of this discussion is to get some ideas as to why no news organization has gotten to him yet. Not even his co-workers, students, or his mailman for that matter. Any one of several "news" outlets, MSNBC, FOX, or even Katie Couric fer cripes sake, would get loads of mileage with an interview.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by zlots331]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

And there is no way the Obama campaign has silenced him, if that was the case FOX would be tripping over themselves to get to him.

Of course the Obama campaign has silenced him! Ayers wants to stay in Obama's good graces so he's laying low during the campaign. He's seen the way Obama throw's his associations under the bus when they become a liablity and Ayers doesn't want to become part of Obama's 'ex' list.

For a terrorist like Ayers, what could possibly be better than having the President of the United States as a close personal friend?

And for the United States, what could possible worse than having our President of the United States having a wide variety of terrorists on his list of personal friends?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks for your response, but I'm still curious why no news organization hasn't camped outside his door to at least get video of him saying he doesn't want to be interviewed.

It's like he doesn't exist except for a sound bite here and there.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Better question would be, If he's REALLY a terrorist why hasn't he been arrested?

Neh, this is the ole' Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. I'll bet I could link any member on this forum to someone who could be likewise linked to someone else who did something horrible. (edit*: And it would be a lot easier for me to do so if everyone in this forum was a politician. Politicians are visited by people with ALL SORTS of agendas. Hey, lets proxi-accuse Scwarzenagger(sp?) of being linked to Naziism. Oh yeah, been there, done that, doesn't work. In fact, I would say that Sarah Palin made a monumental mistake in pointing this entire thing out.)

The media isn't after this because they KNOW that by OUTRIGHT claiming Obama is a proxi-terrorist they would 1) appear to be racist 2) be made a fool of because it simply isn't true. And Obama would eloquently point that out.

PS. I say this as a person who is directly opposed to both candidates.

Edit for * and PS

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

OK, and the second part of my question was does Ayers even support Obama?
Again, at least someone could sell some newspapers. If he did support him then let the conspiracy angle fly to new heights, and if he didn't then the whole thing would become a non-issue.

Now if he came out and threw his support behind McCain....that would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Also, I think that calling Ayers Obama's "best friend" is very dishonest!
Not one-liner.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Better question would be, If he's REALLY a terrorist why hasn't he been arrested?

I'm a bit confused by your statement ... do you know Ayers history? Do you know that he was tried and that when he left the court he made some smart alleck comment along the lines of "guilty as hell, free as a bird - only in America"? The OP included a link so maybe you could check that out and see for yourself that he is a terrorist, no doubt about it ... and he freely admits it.

Obama had a radio interview today where he admitted his ties with Ayers and said that he thought that he was a 'rehabilitated' terrorist or something lame like that.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

I have no idea if the man supports Obama. However, I agree with you that that would be interesting to find out. But like I said, I feel that it is a potentially moot point.

Hell, we're fighting a WAR on terrorism. I highly doubt that the government would allow a KNOWN terrorist to influence directly into every day life without being forced to take action. They may even support the guy (yes, state sponsored terrorism exists) but to allow a "known" terrorist to make politically motivated statements within the confines of this very nation would be absolutely unacceptable.

Edit for spelling.
I don't buy any of it.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I appreciate the refresher, but the point stands.

Question, was anyone murdered in the bombings? If so, his confession of guilt would land him right back in jail. I call BS. If not, it is vandalism.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There are some facts that Even the OBAMABOTS need to realise.

Ayers was in the Weather Underground, a domestic terror orginization
This group bombed several place, including goverment building
Ayers killed americans
Ayers is a professor at a Left Wing Chicago university
Obama launched his political carrer at the house of bill ayers
they served together on a board together...
on 9/11/01 Ayers said, "i dont regret setting bomb' and 'I only wish i could have killed more'

I like my presidents without connections to know terrorists

But thats just me...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There are some facts that Even the OBAMABOTS need to realise.

Ayers was in the Weather Underground, a domestic terror orginization
This group bombed several place, including goverment building
Ayers killed americans
Ayers is a professor at a Left Wing Chicago university
Obama launched his political carrer at the house of bill ayers
they served together on a board together...
on 9/11/01 Ayers said, "i dont regret setting bomb' and 'I only wish i could have killed more'

I like my presidents without connections to know terrorists

But thats just me...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If obama tried to get a normal desk job in the government he would not be able to get security clearance because of his past relations.

However, he is running for president, and guess what, there is no security clearance check for that.

Think we should change the law guys ? Or just leave so obama can get elected....

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

For clarification....

None of the "Weathermen" deliberate bombings killed any Americans. One accidental bombing (bomb went off while it was being made) killed three members of the group.

This does not negate the horrible things they did, but the truth is that they killed no one.

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Ya sorry about that.
Did not mean bad.
Didnt read fully.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by R3KR]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Well, gee, notice I said that it negates nothing that they did. They were still a horrid domestic terror organization. And, everything else the poster listed is true.

I just wanted to get the facts straight before people came on the thread and started ripping at McCain supporters (or people questionable of Obama) for lying.

Sorry if you misunderstood or didn't read the caveat of the post.

[edit on 10/10/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Blatant propaganda. :shk:

What he said was, "I don't regret setting bombs", and "I feel we didn't do enough" in reference to protesting the Vietnam War. Your talk of killing more is a blatant lie.

Also, I'm sure the media would love for you to verify who Ayers personally killed (according to your so called "facts").

What Ayers did was bad enough that lies, hyperbole, and propaganda do nothing except muddy already-polluted waters; and make those who support such propaganda look desperately ignorant.

[edit on 10/11/08 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ayers group killed a Cop in San Fran
I am friends with the man ex partner
He was there when his partner died .

top topics

join