It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hale-Bopps UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello everyone!

My first post here on ATS. I've been lurking around for awhile.

I've read and seen the pics of the Hale-Bopp comet with
it's accompanying "UFO"

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

But I have not seen anyone make the connection with the Heavens Gate cult here in San Diego who all commited suicide to "hitch" a ride on this UFO.

anw.com...

I've tried to search for it. Nothing came up.

Thought this was interesting.

Sorry if it's been posted before.

Brian

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Since the Heaven's Gate/Hale-Bopp thing happened a while back, this particular incarnation of ATS hasn't had too much discussion on it. Its an old story, plus its been effectively debunked despite good evidence that observatories covered up the subject.

I think its fairly well known that the Heaven's Gate cult did their suicide over this comet event. While I do not think that they had any basis for their belief that their "souls" would be taken by the Hale-Bopp anomaly, I don't doubt that something odd was flying up there alongside the comet.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
welcome brian,

I've heard of the hale-bopp ufo but for some reason i forgot about that cult. Don't know much about them except that they committed suicide.
So what's your theory, i'm curious? Did they get to hitch the ride they wanted? Did the ufo come near enough?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Have you recently read something about Courtney Brown by any chance?

I am not sure if you are asking us a question or if you are showing us these links you have found.

The VJ enterprises site is one of Heelstones favs. He seems to be the man in the know about the Hale Bopp UFO.

I myself know little about it but I will try and change that now by having a look through your links.

Cheers for them, mate!

Enjoy your stay!

Have a nice day!

Missing you already!!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Bloody hell.

IN the space that it took me to type that out, both Heelstone and Worldwatcher stuck their own personal oars in!

Ahh well. Heelstone is here now, so you two should be able to turn this into a decent thread between you both.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The best case for the Hale-Bopp anomaly being real is on that site that is linked above. Observatory images show the anomaly with the comet for at least 6 months. Now I'm no astronomer, but I doubt sincerely that a comet in motion would be seen with the same star next to it for that length of time.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When the Heavens Gate mass suicide happened it really shook up the City.
Especially since it happen in a very "Upscale" neighborhood full of Million dollar homes.
Then this whole UFO thing, about hitching a ride. Everyone just thought they were a crazy cult.

It was about four days ago when I saw the above link about Hale-Bopps "UFO".
I thought OMG! there was a UFO with Hale-Bopp!!
I NEVER new that!
Maybe the Cult were on to something. How would they know?

I'm not sure what to think. I honestly don't think that
they hitched a ride on this thing...but who knows!!
After hanging out here at ATS, Sounds like almost anything is possible!

I thought it was interesting. I was just wonering if
anyone made the connection....Looks like you have!.

Brian

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What year did Hale-Bopp arrive?

Pope John the 23rd had in his diary something about ET's coming in 1995.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I think its fairly well known that the Heaven's Gate cult did their suicide over this comet event.

Tragic. Kids be smart, don't believe anyone blindly.

Additional info on comet here:

www.space.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i don't think it was anything. it could have been different stars. especially with the fact that of the thousands of photos that were taken, how many have this ufo? like two... it could have been a star, or stars, that stood out in those pictures. i was like 10 though when this all came by, so i don't know too much on the topic.

new topics

top topics

join