It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Survived the Georgian War. Here's What I Saw. .. a must read!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Tewww.informationclearinghouse.info...

I blame Georgia's leaders.
By Lira Tskhovrebova 08/10/08 "CSM" —

-Tskhinvali, South Ossetia -

In a speech before the United Nations last month, Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili implored world leaders to set up an international investigation to find out the truth about the war in South Ossetia. I couldn't agree more. But I think the results of an honest investigation would reveal a very different "truth" than what President Saakashvili claims.

I know this because I was in Tskhinvali, the capital of South Ossetia, on Aug. 7 when Georgian troops marched into the city and killed my friends and neighbors. I huddled with my family in terror for three nights while Saakashvili's tanks and rockets destroyed hundreds of our homes, desecrated cemeteries, gutted schools and hospitals.

I also have good reason not to trust what Saakashvili says. For three days before the attack I had been getting calls from many Georgian friends warning me to get out. They said Saakashvili was planning an attack. Most of the Georgians living in South Ossetia left because they knew what was coming.

On the night of Aug. 7, Saakashvili went on television and assured the frightened civilian population of South Ossetia that he would not attack us. This was long after the time Saakashvili now claims Russians had begun "invading" Georgia. Ossetians went to bed relieved and thankful for a peaceful night.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I understood this as it was happening. Many knew the truth. My children were enjoying the last of their summer vacations, and I knew that those children were just like mine. If they lived in the same neighborhood, they would have been playing together and having a blast in their last month off. But to the cartel that want to bring about nwo agenda, and attack Iran, or depopulate with a nuclear war and call martial law, no civilians count, their reptilian brains don't wrap around children and their needs. They wanted to corner off Russia and proceed with Iran, their ally, or provoke a war that would take them out first, and martial law would be brought in. It failed at that point, but those families can't be brought back.
Russia has positioned itself around South America, to respond to the measure. Right now they are surprisingly coming across as heros against the nwo empire. But even this could be staged I guess. This could be going according to a script of some sort. Nothing can justify harming one child anywhere on this planet.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why is no one calling McCain and Obama on this?
They are both on the wrong side of this issue - so far wrong!
I just do not get it!?!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What kind of people are these that would kill women and children?

Does compassion exist? Does guilt exist from crimes like this?

Why?

Ossetians saw Georgian tanks firing into basements where women and children hid for safety They saw fleeing families shot down by Georgian snipers. We learned that the Georgian military had used Grad rocket systems and cluster bombs against Tskhinvali.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
why should i bellieve this woman ? no really WHY ??

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I think the fact that she was there and we weren't means she at least should be afforded the benefit of the doubt.

Truth is, we'll never know what really happened, cause thankfully we were all safe in our own beds. But eye-witness reports are the best evidence we have, especially since we all know the bias of the MSM.

Remeber the girl that went on Faux News to thank Russia? I seriously doubt she was lying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well a good reason to believe this story is that it confirms the reports that were coming out of Georgia on August 7 and 8. The Georgian Government itself released reports that it had invaded South Ossetia on August 7. There's a 300 page thread here on ATS where you can find all the reports and follow the timeline of events. And lastly, there's satellite photo's showing virtually every home in the town bombed to rubble.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My gut tells me that article has been sensationalized quite a bit. I cannot imagine tanks wasting ammo by firing into basements to waste a few women and children.

Still, I'm sure much of it is the truth.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

what astounds me is none of you knew this???????

thats shocking tbh ..tip: dont believe what the media tells you, i knew this at the very start,

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindsmog

how did you know it "from the start"?

what are you psychic?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Oh yes, by all means, lets take corporate media's word for it as absolute truth, and never once ask the question "Why should I believe this? No really WHY??". After all, CNN and FOX have flashier television sets and websites than this woman, so they must have more truth to them, right?

I would rather listen to an over-exaggerated, biased eyewitness claim than corporate media bull# being forced down my throat.

As long as we are supposed to answer your question, please answer me this: Why should we NOT believe this woman? No really, why? Any answer you give can be countered with an equally as good, if not better excuse not to listen to corporate media.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Marius Blackwood

Georgian tanks rush Tskhinval
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Don't believe it? Ok, but if you don't believe this little girl, then I don't know what will make you believe. Watch the Fox News talking head freak out and wanting to cut her of.

YouTube link

...and here she is again, immediately after the Russian troops (the alleged aggressors) transported her to safety (to Moscow).

YouTube Link

It's funny how the MSM wants you to believe their story about our NWO puppett in Georgia.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by manticore]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

what are you psychic?

I expect Mindsmog knew it from the start because it was reported from the start. The question you should ask is why didn't you know it from the start?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

From the moment it happened I knew what was happening involved atrocities committed by Georgia, US and UK ally. That this was probably a Rothschild and Rockerfeller initiative. I have to thank ATS for reading articles, about FOX and CNN lying, and that they did not even have a legal obligation to tell the truth, it had been established in court that as private cooperations, they had the right to put any slant on anything they wished. This isn't common knowledge. I was on the phone with my mother and grandmother, who only got the news version, telling them how it was really happening and going down, and telling them about the videos I was watching. August was a month my kids were hanging onto and enjoying to the last moment, but as a mother the horror of what had just happened to thousands of children across the globe was unbelievable. And also unbelievable that if you just watched the news, you were being told to blame Russia. I see the whole world through the eyes of my children! I suggest everyone starts to do that. So we can stamp out injustice and establish social justice and economic equality with or without money forever.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by muzzleflash

what are you psychic?

I expect Mindsmog knew it from the start because it was reported from the start. The question you should ask is why didn't you know it from the start?

oh believe me, i knew everyone was SAYING that , but that doesnt mean im just gonna believe you lol

just because something is "Reported" Doesnt make it true
in fact i Distrust "reporters" and their agendas more than ANYONE else
for good reason, they lie alot

look i wasnt in georgia , ever - so i wont believe what Either side of the conflict says

georgia did this or russia did that, it doesnt matter all of its wrong
they are all liars (arent all humans?)

look im just saying, i take everything i hear with a grain of salt, if you know what i mean by that

just because something fufills your preconcieved notions ; doesnt make it true

they always said, the First Casualty of War, is Always the Truth

[edit on 11-10-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It astounds me that the truth can be so easily suppressed. It can be said that the cost of gasoline raises in direct proportion to the cost of supressing truth. Big oil makes the lies work for them. We are told what to believe about Russia just to keep our puppets prefoming.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

but russia is one of the "puppets" too, in alot of ways

that was my point

thats why im extremely distrustful of ANY propaganda about THAT war

can anyone say cia vs kgb proganda war? no telling who else is involved

my suggestion, instead of "holding your nose" as you read these articles and "reports" and opinions, we need to put on the "gas masks" metaphorically speaking

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. There is no difference between the aggressor and the state that saves the lives of over 30,000 people....
This is like saying: 'The arsonist that started my house on fire and the firefighter that saved me from the blaze are the same...' come on man have some compassion for human life.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
yes, you can say that there are opposing reports. Some say Russia invaded Georgia. Others say Georgia invaded ossetia and Russia intervened on behalf the ossetians. However, and this says something to me, no matter how people spin it, MANY articles state the timeline that on the 7th georgian troops began the slaughter of surprised and unprepared russian peacekeepers and ossetian civilians. On the other hand, no matter the spin, not a SINGLE article even TRIES to state that russian troops opened fire upon surprised and unprepared georgian troops. So, no matter how much they try to SPIN the events, not a single is brazen enough to try to change the facts that the initial killing was done by georgian troops, and that says something to me. Not a single story tries to say that russian bombardment destroyed the ossetian buildings, and the truth of the matter is that if russia had indeed initiated the hostilities, the georgian military would have gotten nowhere near ossetia. So use some common sense here, and see through the BS. Dont just look at what is said, look also at what is NOT said. A timeline and description of events from beginning to end is given for the theory that georgia invaded, from georgian peacekeepers turning on and killing the unsuspecting russian peacekeepers, to the massacreing of civilians. On the other side, there is no timeline of events, no description of how it fell out, just the story that "russia invaded georgia", period, end of story. Seems a bit obvious to me that one side is AVOIDING the details becase, well, the devil lives in the details, and thats one little devil they want to keep hidden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join