It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone over 18. BUY A GUN!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
AK-47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Being a single mother, I have a couple of guns, and know how to use them. I am also a hunter. Pheasant and grouse are delicious! God forbide I EVER have to shoot a human being....but when it comes to my family, I will do ANYTHING to protect them. I live in a very small rural town, where bad things rarely happen. Five years ago a friend of mine and her two children were murdered in there home. It was a totally random meth induced triple murder, done in a most horrendous way. I WILL have protectionin my home.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with protecting yourself and your family. That is one of the lessons of survival.

I also have guns, lots of them, enough to arm 25 people and these guns are not little guns either. All range from .45 out to semi auto civilian version M-16 and about 6 9mm autos.

But none of those, except for the 30/30 and 12G shotgun would be usefull for hunting purposes.

And as one poster said...no one, absolutely no one will be able to go up against a brigade of troops armed with fully automatic weapons, tanks, AH-64 helicopters armed with guns that will slice and dice a wall in no time flat.

People, wake up and come back to reality why dont you! Using guns to protect yourself from intruders toting guns themselves and wont listen to reason is one thing, but to spout on about using street grade guns against military hardware is just plain stupid as stupid can be.

Quit dreaming and start thinking for real. You and your family, your children, your friends and neighbors will thank you for it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
learn martial arts, they cant take that away from you.
Live by the gun, die by the gun, and even guns cant stop a wise martial artist.

7.62 X 39 vs Level IIIA Armor

This armor protects against 9 mm Full Metal Jacketed Round Nose (FMJ RN) bullets, with nominal masses of 8.0 g (124 gr) at a reference velocity of 436 m/s (1430 ft/s ± 30 ft/s) and .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets

Speaks for itself...
Well unless of coarse, you are this guy.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Americans are so dumb...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is amazing.

Just reading the posts in here makes me glad i'm not American.

Criminals will be worried if you have a gun?

Ok, imagine this. In the UK i don't know anyone who owns a gun. If a burgler robs a house with a gun he can assume no-one else has one therefore can just threaten the occupants, take what he wants and leave. Sounds bad right?

Or... in America, robber comes in ASSUMES EVERYONE HAS A GUN and proceeds to shoot anyone who he comes in contact with. So you may shoot him first... yay wooo!... or he might just shoot your 12yr old daughter who pokes her head round the corner. hmmm.

But I guess this is the "American Way". Your worried about thugs having guns... right? So instead of assisting in trying to reduce the number of thugs with guns you want to just give everyone a gun. That sounds safe.

No wonder your countries a #ing joke. Nothing personal tho, you just all seem moronic.

SR

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamlin
This is amazing.

Just reading the posts in here makes me glad i'm not American.

Criminals will be worried if you have a gun?

Ok, imagine this. In the UK i don't know anyone who owns a gun. If a burgler robs a house with a gun he can assume no-one else has one therefore can just threaten the occupants, take what he wants and leave. Sounds bad right?

Or... in America, robber comes in ASSUMES EVERYONE HAS A GUN and proceeds to shoot anyone who he comes in contact with. So you may shoot him first... yay wooo!... or he might just shoot your 12yr old daughter who pokes her head round the corner. hmmm.

But I guess this is the "American Way". Your worried about thugs having guns... right? So instead of assisting in trying to reduce the number of thugs with guns you want to just give everyone a gun. That sounds safe.

No wonder your countries a #ing joke. Nothing personal tho, you just all seem moronic.

Your logic is skewered though, You put the precendent for american robbers to shoot people on site because they're working the on assumption they may own a gun.

But on the flipside of that nothing stops the UK robber from shooting the people being robbed from.

So your assuming the robbers are going to be lenient and compassionate in the first place.

That's a big assumption.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It's extremely unusual for a burglar to carry a gun. It's actually more likely the householder will have a rifle or shotgun (especially in the countryside).

Most gun crime in the UK revolves around street gangs. No street gangs round here, so no need for a gun to defend myself with

And if I do get an intruder in the house ...... I have a rather tasty ice axe waiting for him

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Well, I have to chime in here.

Some have asked, relative to the OP, What's this world coming to that we are being told to buy guns?

It's coming to what the writers of the Bill of Rights feared, that a corrupt government might try and eliminate the founding documents and instill dictatorship, fascism, or another freedom-quashing regime.

It's coming to the fact that we have a "prez" who thinks that it would be a whole lot easier if this were a dictatorship, but only if he is dictator.

It's coming to the point our founding individuals saw and wrote the Second Amendment for.

And, as has been pointed out, it's better to have a gun and not need it than vice versa.

Personally, I would be buying a gun and LOTS of ammo - if I wasn't on the verge of homelessness with no income, all savings gone. Just in case.

But those of you who persist in believing there is not a likelihood that you will be:

Killed
Herded into camps
Made into slaves
Gassed

Go on about your lives. Maybe others will protect you when you need protecting.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In the U.S., criminals acquire and possess weapons illegally with frequent regularity.

Anybody doubt that statement?

The Government would never deny any of its citizens their right to Liberty and Justice without Due-Process.

Anybody believe that statement?

My answers are No, and No, respectively.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't normally say this but everyone in America should buy a gun. Now! The elites are incrementally taking over the country; as a protest exercise every right you still have. Gun ownership is a right. You can bet the men and women who are taking away your rights have bought guns and can't wait to shoot the men ,women ,and children they intend to starve. At least buy a gun so you can hunt.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If I would live in a country where I'd have to fear about my security without a gun, I would move to another country...

[edit on 11.10.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This country was founded by people leaving, and then fighting an oppressive government.

It is every American's duty to be prepared to protect the vision our forefathers had.

Owning a gun does not mean you will ever have to use it.

It simply gives you that option.

In this day and age, the US Government relies on scaring you into the submission of your rights.

It is the knowledge that a vast majority of the population is armed that has prevented them from their full dictatorship for this long.

"Wake up! Fight back! Open up your eyes and see that we're under attack! Take it for granted and they'll take it all right back." - Animosity "The Black Page"

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harrisboy42
Even if you do have a gun, how do you expect to survive against an army with assault rifles/tanks/helicopters/humvees/military training/grenades/flashbangs etc etc?

A gun would prolong your life by a few minutes at best.

Power is in numbers friend. War, survival, rebellion, they all come with a price. You may survive, you may not. But being a sissy about it surely isn't going to help your cause. You fight for your freedoms and your rights, or you're part of the problem. Simple as that. If every American with the ability armed up and stood fast against the tyranny overtaking this nation, it would stop today. 200 Million against whatever they throw at us. Superior firepower would not matter, unless they nuked us.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why do i get the feeling the guy who posted this owns a gun shop?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I would rather see a title named "Throw away your guns NOW!!".

If you tell everyone to get a gun, you will soon have a uncontrollable situation where people gets paranoid and start to think that everyone are after them.

Humans with guns under stress, depression, uncertain future seems to be very itchy and have a happy trigger finger.

Arm everyone in America and you will soon have the worlds biggest shootout.

I understand the idea of protecting oneself, and fight "the power". But it seems like it seldom stops there. The guns and the holder of the gun tends to get greedy in terms of getting power themselves. Alot of times power equals freedom. If you are free you are powerful.

If everyone threw away their guns, you would not need to protect yourself, not by deadly force from a gun atleast.

I have a hard time buying this and gets pretty horrified with a thread like this, but perhaps that is just because I am from a different culture and a different country with different laws.

My 2 cents...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Originally posted by Akezzon

Everyone in America is already armed, just not the right people.

I don't have the numbers handy, but I'm sure you'll find that the shootout you foresee has been in progress for at least a couple decades now.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Yeah, I guess...

But why pure more fuel on the fire?

But you're right, it has been goin on for a long time.
It's just the risk of everyone turning against everyone who make me shiver.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by Akezzon]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I would rather see a title named "Throw away your guns NOW!!".

If you tell everyone to get a gun, you will soon have a uncontrollable situation where people gets paranoid and start to think that everyone are after them.

Humans with guns under stress, depression, uncertain future seems to be very itchy and have a happy trigger finger.

I understand the idea of protecting oneself, and fight "the power". But it seems like it seldom stops there. The guns and the holder of the gun tends to get greedy in terms of getting power themselves. Alot of times power equals freedom. If you are free you are powerful.

If everyone threw away their guns, you would not need to protect yourself, not by deadly force from a gun atleast.

I have a hard time buying this and gets pretty horrified with a thread like this, but perhaps that is just because I am from a different culture and a different country with different laws.

My 2 cents...

Right now in America we have a government for the elite. They are printing money way faster than Americans can work; in esence they are stealing. Americans are clowns in your eyes, but many Americans work three jobs. They do not get much sleep. They eat cheap garbage that most Europeans regard as poison.

For every action there is an equal opposite reaction. The criminal elite want the commoners unarmed. As protest for the theiving evil ways of the elite everyone in America should buy a gun. Even if they have no intention of ever shooting the gun; this is one way to make sure that the elite share some of the misery they are inflicting on Americans.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

But why pure more fuel on the fire?

I don't see how having a tool in my cabinet adds any fuel to any fire, my friend. The reality where I live is that there are individuals who exhibit behavior indicative of a general lack of consideration or empathy towards other individuals. These same individuals, as has been documented historically, are often armed with weapons procured illegally.

I think that if/when the circumstances present themselves, I'm merely affording myself the opportunity to not let those with less-than-good intentions take advantage of others through the use of force without credible threat of serious repercussions for their actions.

[edit on 11-10-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join