NEWS: Conspiracy Rumors in Taiwan

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Within hours of Taiwan's President Chen Shui-bian's shooting, the rumors started spreading across the country. According to these rumors, the shooting was faked and was set up to cause sympathy for the shooting was designed to cause a surge of sympathy for the president. Already a close race, this situation may have tipped the election in the president's favor some are saying.

BBC News

They based their suspicions on the fact there was no photographic evidence of the attack taking place, and no by-standers had come forward to say they had seen the perpetrators.

It seems that the entire shooting attack left no blood on the outside of the president's clothes, but recently released information from the investigation has found two bullet casings near the scene. Photographs of the president undergoing surgery has also been released in hopes of easing the "conspiracy" situation.

Election authorities have declared that 337,000 ballots are invalid for the vote. This type of situation has never happened in Taiwan's period of democracy, so the path to a resolution is unclear. This is reminiscent of the conspiracy rumors for the United States election of George W. Bush. That situation was also a close election, with a large number of ballots in contention. Conspiracists also believe that before the next US presidential election, Osama Bin Laden will be "captured" helping raise popularity for President Bush.

Other sources:
China Daily
Yahoo Asia News
Fox News
MSNBC

ATSNN Related Stories:
Chen Shui-bian voted into office!

[Edited on 26-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
i think it was the daily show with jon stewart that made a joke out of this...but he mentioned that the President thought he was hit by a firecracker since supporters were setting off firecrackers along the route.. Isn't that like a big no no for any country's protective services? I wonder why they would allow such things close to the president? plus the wounds were superficial and this guy and his vice-president were clear targets....either the assailant had really bad aim or he intentionally missed?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
conspiracies....

in that picture, is he wearing glasses ? I didn't think that people wore thier glasses while receiving surgery... just odd to me, the pic has been doctored..

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
conspiracies....

in that picture, is he wearing glasses ? I didn't think that people wore thier glasses while receiving surgery... just odd to me, the pic has been doctored..

Very observant, good job!

That does seem odd.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
but if he wasnt shot why can you see blood in photos & video of the parade??

oh hang on i cant remember which side the blood was on, it might have been the opposite side than that picture suggests.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There are lots of different stories and pictures flying lately upon the conspiracy. I am really curious about the truth, which still contains many questioning points.
And who was taking Chen's pictures while he is having the surgery. I don't know if that is right, but I think it's inappropriate to take pics when the patient is having a surgery, especially the patient is a president. I am not sure about that, correct me if I am wrong.
But in fact, I still wonder what the truth will be.

new topics
top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum