It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX Freakout Over Unretouched Palin Photo On Newsweek Cover

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Honestly now? I mean REALLY?

I've seen some ridiculous news stories, but this takes the cake. So instead of debating the policies between the candidates, they argue about which candidate's cover looks prettier?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sorry, no one can top John Edwards in that catagory.

I'd hate him for the affair he had if he weren't so damn beautiful!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a slight problem with the caption/title next to the picture.

Don't have a problem with the picture itself. But, if they are going to retough the photos of everyone else that appears on the cover of their magazine, why not retouch her's? Fair is fair. But, to me, the picture isn't a big deal.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is just Fox not wanting to talk about Troopergate

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Nevermind I saw something else apparently.

What I'm seeing is a left hand path eye symbolism in the cover.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by depth om]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by depth om]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Absolutely exactly what I expect.
This campaign is a joke except I am not laughing out of amusement but out of my complete loss of respect for all involved.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What you guys are missing here is that this story is not about Palin, that's the trick, it's about the Obama cover with the "halo" on it. First they argue that Obama's magazine covers are retouched, then we're shown a cover showing Obama with a "halo" that has nothing to do with photo retouching.

This whole clip is about the "halo" over Obama's head, that's it. Slick, backhanded journalism is all it is.

Peace

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is refreshing to see a woman show emotion. Obviously Andrea was furious.

I'd hate to see her in the morning if she ran out of her favorite base.
It would be like both barrels of a shot gun fired at once.

I can see how news like this is prioritized. How dare Newsweek publish such a blatant attack that this picture poses. Could this be interpreted as attempting to incite a riot?

Who will be held accountable for this wreched act? I surmise some heads are gonna roll over this tramatic assault of biblical proposition.

ok. reality check....
why the abrasive remarks? For a moment, I thought I was watching "snapped" on lifetime for women channel.

Besides, isn't inner beauty what is of real import?
My reaction is that Newsweek is the real victim here. Having to view this Q & A that assaults their integrity, let alone the almost liable accusation and inuendo pointing to the photographer. How much loss of income could be lost due to the accusations towards the publishing of this particular image?
I feel bad for the photographer and the editor. My hope is that these vicious women are held accountable for their sensless utterances.

That's all I have to say. I have wasted enough precious moments of life to resond with my view of this matter and that just goes to show how this type of thing affects more than just the players on the world stage.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

This has nothing to do with politics - it is ALL about selling "Newsweek" magazine. Notice the only magazine covers they mention are News Week? Notice the reporter says several times "you need to buy the magazine because the flaws don't translate to television..."

This is an unabashed sickening plug for a pathetic magazine whose sales have slumped!

[edit on 10/10/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

yes, yes, yes, exactly!
I am a woman and I find it completely mind blowing that this cover is even being mentioned.
It just goes to show how deep in the gutter American women have really gotten.
When we actually care more about lipstick and wrinkles then the words and actions of a Vice presidential candidate we are low indeed.
It makes me sick, those 18 million cracks I guess only matter if its on the face and we have enough botox to fix them.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Thats exactly what I got from that whole thing. The McCain-Palin campaign is crashing and burning so Fake News is trying to get people to buy the magazine and read about her. No doubt the interview is flattering to Sarah Palin and I bet you that picture of her isn't even that bad and if it is who the f*** cares?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Maybe we should be embracing those little flaws that make us human, instead of trying to hide every tiny thing that they the media tell us is "imperfect". Sick and stupid, and I continue to fear for this country.

Ex

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ahhhhh, who cares weather they retouched or not.
Are there seriously any voters out there that will
decide & devote their precious voice on this issue?
...........the sheer insanity of it all!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As a non-voting non-American non-USA resident, I will only say... with "supporters" like that, who needs detractors?

P.S. This video is my first experience with the oft-talked about Fox news.
Is this their usual standard of "reporting"? (Or is it actually a spoof?)

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
No one watches America's Newsroom on FOX news for the news! It's watched for Megyn Kelly ... or is that just me?

Write in Megyn Kelly for 2008!

[edit on 10/10/08 by Supercertari]

Ex

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's patriotic to wear American flag pins that were made in China!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
This is just Fox not wanting to talk about Troopergate

Fox is doing plenty of talking about Troopergate.

They just spent a good ten minutes on the subject.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The real story here is whether or not certain news agencies are giving Obama favorable treatment and how that is manifested in the media.

Newsweek's cover is only a part of what has been an ongoing discussion since the early days of the campaign and has even been parodied on Saturday Night Live.

It always seems to me that those who complain the most about Fox News are the ones who wouldn't be caught dead watching it.

I'm the first to complain that Fox sometimes spends too much time on fluff issues like celebrity meltdowns, but how the candidates are treated in the media is relevant--very relevant.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
this is just a freak show,

the election won't be about saving the country.

the revolution will be classified...

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Grey Magic]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
this about the media's impartiality, if they have one cover (plus articles) that are glowing of one candidate but of another extreme close up with no touch ups and negative articles then yes this is a real issue that many people and much of the news does not want to talk about. The only problem is that it comes from another news source that does the same thing (FOX), I do believe Newsweek is heavily biased towards Obama but Fox is heavily biased towards McCain, the problem is that there is no unbiased media left anymore.

I personally love The Economist though

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join