It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we all have a right to live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I was reading a thread a few minutes ago cant quite remember the name of it but it was about a paedaphile who was murdered and some members genuinly thought that he deserved what he got

but i think ye what he did in the past is just horrific but still he has a right to live doesnt he doesnt everyone have a right to life its not our choice who gets to live or to die

i get so annoyed with some people who just say something like "he should be put up against a wall and shot" ive heard that numerous times and it still annoys me so much because that particular individual may have done somehing horrible but still they shouldne be murdered

the way ive been brought up says that just because someone has done wrong doesnt mean you should do the same back "2 wrongs dont make a right"

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
My name is PENIS FTW

I do agree and disagree, my reason for agreeing is that he does deserve a chance in life just like a normal person we are all allowed to live our lives how we want but he was different the last time i checked being a paedophile is illegal so he pretty much isn't an ordinary guy like you and me, but to take some one's life is borderline low for no reason should a person be killed for any reason.

My against is that humans have the right of free will and we can't stop people from committing crimes like this one, we can't change how we are or our standards

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Pedophiles have a high recidivism rate, meaning they reoffend very often.

I've heard so many stories of pedophiles raping children just after getting out of jail.

In case you didn't read the article from the other thread, this guy raped 3 children.

Evil pensioner Gordon Boon was killed while on licence from prison and detectives were tonight investigating whether the 73-year-old was murdered because of his past crimes against an eight-year-old girl and two 13-year-olds. One possibility under investigation is that Boon had again been seen with children and was confronted by a child's relative.

Raped children will most likely end up psychologically damaged with emotional and sexual issues. Hence, ruined lives.

Why not just sentence them to life in jail?

Well I don't want to waste money on pedophiles, do you?

It cost thousands of dollars over the years to feed and provide care to an inmate.

A bullet costs a couple of dollars.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by ben420]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Listen... Let's be factual here, put it in perspective. A dead pedophile won't be hurting anyone again right? Same goes for buglars, killers, etc. Instead of putting them in prison, or doing this rehab stuff that is a joke, pay .50 and get rid of the problem for eternity...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes iee what u mean about the money aspect but i really dont want to believe in something like murder i dont want the world to get used to murder anymore theyre shouldnt be murder i think its clearly wrong

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"Rights" are illusory, given to us by ourselves.

In reality, there are no rights. If you disagree, you should ask that cow that was killed for the hamburger you had at lunch. It had a right to live, too.

The pedophile should not have been killed, no. But, you reap what you sow, and karmic retribution can really suck sometimes.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
People who answer the question by no generally don't. Lucky for them, the people on the other side don't feel the same way. My two cents. And only post. Don't want to be stuck here arguing with facists while I could be watching the US economy going to hell.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Everyone has a right to live...some people have to die.

Hitler...he had a right to live...but he had to die. He had too many followers... there was no choice.

A child rapist...he has a right to live.....he does not HAVE to die. He can be locked up for the rest of his life.

Someone should die because you don't want to pay for them to live? I shall remind you of that if you ever require monetary support for any reason...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Precisely right. "Rights" are societal and something programmed into our brains so that we don't go off intruding on others' lives.

The simple fact that someone could kick in my door and shoot me in the head this instant proves the statement that I have no real rights in the world, only power to defend or offend.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

[edit on 10/10/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

While I do appreciate your ideals, you say that you "don't want the world to get used to murder."

Man has killed his own kind since the dawn of civilization. This is a sadly true fact.

And "do we all have a right to live?" Yes; until it's our time to die.

"All men are created equal." We then spend the rest of our lives separating ourselves.

As our Canadian friend ben420 pointed out, pedarests usually return to their sick crime. However, to the poster who suggested killing all violent criminals, I ask: what if you were one of those convicts? What if you killed someone who molested your child? What if you were wrongly accused?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Yes sorry i meant don't want the world to get used to murder anymore

sorry my mistake ill edit the earlier comment to add the last word

and yes we are all created equals and should be treated as equals aswell

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I believe that someone has "rights" only as long as they don't impede on someone else's.

The moment you take away someone's right to be alive, and be safe, you just lost yours. Maybe harsh, but it's a two-way street.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

I agree that people like that NEED to be taken OFF the planet ASAP. There are some people that do NOT deserve to be alive. Rapists, murderers and child molesters are among those. They DO NOT deserve to be breathing air. Period. I'm not a lame liberal moron. Those people need to be put to death as SOON as possible.

America has the LAMEST penalties on the planet. FACT.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You touch upon an issue -- pedophiles -- that is very visceral to most of us. I think our desire to protect our children drives us to paint with a very wide brush. I think there are those that were convicted on pedophilia that should be jailed; others -- repeat offenders.... well, they KNOW the risk, right? But they do it anyway. They are, apparently, driven to do what they do. So, perhaps the real question is: Should we risk our children, by giving a pedophile an opportunity to offend again? I don't know the answer to that question. I only know on a pretty deep level that if it were my child, I'd want to end their life. I don't think that makes me in the right in my hypothetical situation.

There was an occasion when I was a kid living in a sleepy logging town in Idaho, when I came home to a barrage of questions from my parents about my gym coach: "Did he touch you? Where? How many times?" I was freaked out. I later found out that four kids came forward, with their parents, to accuse the man of pretty serious molestation events/charges. One day, he didn't come to work. Nobody knew why. On the third day, a substitute coach was appointed. It was hypothesized by some that he wandered out in the winter, became disoriented, and fell in the almost frozen river and drowned. All his personal effects were intact in his house, as well as his bank account. I'm pretty sure I know what actually happened to him.

Frontier justice.

top topics

join