It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locals Fear Giant Catfish Develop Taste for Live Humans After Feeding on Corpses in River Grave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

A fearsome fish has started killing people after feeding on human corpses, scientists fear.

They reckon that a huge type of catfish, called a goonch, may have developed a taste for flesh in an Indian river where bodies are dumped after funerals.

source

This story is kind of freaky. That's why I posted it here in C&MB. At this point it seems to be all speculation and wild rumor, but there are some underlying truths to add credence to the claims. For one, a big specimen was caught.

The extraordinary creature has been investigated by biologist Jeremy Wade for a TV documentary to be shown in Britain.

He caught one which tipped the scales at 161 lbs and was nearly 6 feet long — a world record weight and far bigger than any landed before.

“If that got hold of you, there’d be no getting away,” he said.

They say Tigers in that part of the world develop a taste for human flesh and go after the easy pickings. Maybe the locals should think twice about taking a dip in that section of the Great Kali.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ye i think i saw something about this on news a couple of days ago scary stuff a fish that supposedly has a taste for human flesh and is as big as a human being aswell.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Someone beat you from 2 days^^

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As i said in this post, in Europe we have a type of huge catfish know for eating little dog and ducks, there was even report about babies being eaten by those monster!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A lakem near here has 6'+ sized catfish, hiding the remanants of and old town submerged by the creation of the lake.
Theyve never eaten anybody.

Maybe ifn they didnt throw their dead into the river for the last few millenia they catfish might not have gotten so big.

Depending on where you are in india, its the bull sharks that you have to worry about.
On some shark show they were in india on some river, and you see the sharks cruising around out in the middle, it was crazy.
They have penetrated several hundred miles upstream and live just fine in freshwater. The sharks have also grown accustom to the steady supply of cadavers, and do attack and kill humans on a regular basis.
Even though the locals will swear up and down its giant river serpent monsters and demons.

The biologists speculated that the sharks eat almosts all of the cadavers and account for almost all of the "drownings", and along with tigers almost all of the disapperances in the area.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
ooops, double post, that seems to be happening a lot these days?

[edit on 11-10-2008 by punkinworks]

top topics

join